The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Pipe smoking personality

• Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would be game for this to go with my mount that is an argonian that carries me around his shoulders that has not been released yet.
    Xbox One Na
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously tho, it -would- make a great personality!
    We have drunk personality for nords, lef us have a pipe smoker personality for wise wizards, kay? ;)

"Wise" wizards don't smoke. They know it is bad for their centuries of life they need to investigate the seemingly infinite mysteries of oblivion and mundus.

As an aside, I really don't know if this would ever get added due to the obvious real life comparisons to drug use that are popping up even in this thread. That's too big an issue of politics and legalities and other mediums like movies already suffered from legal trouble for glamorizing smoking. They probably would best avoid that.
    Yes, it was cool that Gandalf could blow smoke in the shape of a boat, but I would rather not see any smoking emote/memento added to ESO.

Lore wise, in Nirn, smoking could have no negative effects if you had a strong enough will over the spirit that is ...being...smoked....

No. That's not what it is. It's burning something halucinogenic which is halucinogenic because it is unhealthy to the brain, if you go with that explanation that was how the native americans described it.

It's not spirits and is more "spirits" ;);) which makes it obviously just a lie.

byda8tN.png

In ESO , as in the game's plot, everything on Nirn is literally spirits manifested into a physical form. The Augur of the obscure tries to explain this.

PElghLn.jpg
    JNdfh1o.jpg
    rwA3T68.jpg
    iwb2CGd.jpg
    Edited by Waffennacht on July 30, 2018 2:16AM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have drunk personality for nords, lef us have a pipe smoker personality for wise wizards, kay? ;)

"Wise" wizards don't smoke. They know it is bad for their centuries of life they need to investigate the seemingly infinite mysteries of oblivion and mundus.

As an aside, I really don't know if this would ever get added due to the obvious real life comparisons to drug use that are popping up even in this thread. That's too big an issue of politics and legalities and other mediums like movies already suffered from legal trouble for glamorizing smoking. They probably would best avoid that.
    Yes, it was cool that Gandalf could blow smoke in the shape of a boat, but I would rather not see any smoking emote/memento added to ESO.

Lore wise, in Nirn, smoking could have no negative effects if you had a strong enough will over the spirit that is ...being...smoked....

No. That's not what it is. It's burning something halucinogenic which is halucinogenic because it is unhealthy to the brain, if you go with that explanation that was how the native americans described it.

It's not spirits and is more "spirits" ;);) which makes it obviously just a lie.

byda8tN.png

My "text sarcasm/joke" detector has not been invented yet so you need to be more obvious.
    ....especially when some people are dead-serious posting similar things.
    Edited by Mystrius_Archaion on July 30, 2018 2:49AM
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is one personality I would actually earn/use.
    Edited by Wolfpaw on July 30, 2018 3:11AM
  • Alkapton
    Alkapton
    ✭✭✭

byda8tN.png

My "text sarcasm/joke" detector has not been invented yet so you need to be more obvious.

It must have gone over your head then.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alkapton wrote: »

byda8tN.png

It must have gone over your head then.

1uxu5f.jpg
  • Ondolemir
    Ondolemir
    ✭✭✭
    I still think this would be an excellent addition to the game! Def would shell crowns for that personality.

It was amazing in Lotro to not only farm your own leaf and smoke it as well.

Eso let me smoke my skooma pipe, please!
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ondolemir wrote: »
    I still think this would be an excellent addition to the game! Def would shell crowns for that personality.

It was amazing in Lotro to not only farm your own leaf and smoke it as well.

Eso let me smoke my skooma pipe, please!

do as you like in your home, i'd say...

you sure that's "skooma" in your pipe?
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only if I can get the indignant fake cough evil stare emote.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i8pbfct9id25.png
    Altoholic, Frost Warden Sympathizer and Main

Glacial Guardian - Main - Frost Warden Zealot
    The Frost Man Cometh - PC Frost Backup
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want this.
    Also, need an old man/old lady personality that walks hunched over, using a cane.
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why isn't this a thing? Why can't I smoke a pipe in game and make big rings like Gandalf?

one of the best ask ever, on this forum
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • ZOS_Exile
    ZOS_Exile
    admin
    Greetings,

We have closed this topic as it was originally created in July 2018. In many cases, it's better to create a new thread on a topic that you want to discuss as opposed to bumping one that is rather old.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.