The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

CC Effects at their finest... And other craziness in PVP

MEBengalsFan2001
MEBengalsFan2001
✭✭✭✭✭
These are instances on my templar when there was NO LAG.

39K resistance, 10% damage mitigation from Flare, Blocking and had 100% health (30K total health). I got hit by surprise attack for 2.2K and spin to win killed me. I had regen from 2 sources as well. It was 2v1 with me being part of the 2 man group. My friend died from just surprise attack.

I was going against a DK that did leap onto me. I blocked through the leap hit my heals and buffs than I hit the player with toppling charge. Before he even broke free I died from 2 dizzy swings and a reverse slice from that player. The time from the jump to me hitting toppling charge maybe a bit over 1 second but the fact he got off two dizzy swings and a reverse slice was if considering when I hit toppling charge my life was full meaning those hits all came after I was fully healed. Not sure how that's possible.

Going against a DK and another templar. The DK hit me from behind a rock with fossilize. Which caused me to use stamina to break free from the root and more from the stun, had full stamina (20K) prior to being hit but had zero after breaking free, no poison or anything on me, no lag etc.. Right after I broke free and was given immunity was hit by toppling charge also out of the other player and was stunned and killed without being in their LoS. They came over to my corpse afterwards to tea bag me and it took them a good 10 seconds to get to my body.

Going 1v1 vs. a Templar and I popped immobilize potion and got hit by toppling charge right after I hit my potion only to be stunned. Than I got hit by javelin right after I broke free and I got knockback.

I know many will say it's lag or server desync. I know a desync when I see it; usually after crescent sweep, dragon leap, and tether I get desync and sometimes I will get booted from the server. There was no desync or lag; just bad experience in PVP with either people exploiting the game or my main character is seriously bugged.

• Sluggy
    Sluggy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This basically happens all of the time when there is a bit of a lag spike and there is a big divide in ping times to the server between the players that are entangled. It's just more noticeable in some instances. I've had fights where I am not even in range to use snipe yet but my target is wailing away with melee ranged attacks.

You just have to eat the loss and move on. There's really nothing that can be done short of moving to a location that provides you with better access to the server and upgrading your internet service.
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sluggy wrote: »
    This basically happens all of the time when there is a bit of a lag spike and there is a big divide in ping times to the server between the players that are entangled. It's just more noticeable in some instances. I've had fights where I am not even in range to use snipe yet but my target is wailing away with melee ranged attacks.

You just have to eat the loss and move on. There's really nothing that can be done short of moving to a location that provides you with better access to the server and upgrading your internet service.

I have FIOS and my PS5 registers around 1GB per a second for speed, ranges from 800-980 MBps. I have no issuue with internet connect.

I also have my PS5 connected to a TV that supports 120 refresh rate and VRR and both are setup to be used with ESO. My router also is setup to provide my PS5 with priority over all other devices and other features to ensure a smoother experience.

The only real time I have issues is when the hammer is out or against specific players and usually when I fight these players instances like the ones I posted above happen regularly and it's becoming annoying that this happens against specific players. In fact a full 12 man group was wiped out by 1 player within seconds and the player was not a bomber. They had some AoE but no bomb. We all had the same issues, we all got desync or had lag to the point where nothing could be done and than we are all dead. That same player wiped us out 2x and we didn't have any issues until we got near that player.

I really hope the devs do something to ensure players experience is better than what I have been dealing with because getting desync / lag around specific players every time you fight them is becoming an annoyance that is pushing players to quit.

Edited by MEBengalsFan2001 on May 24, 2022 1:48PM
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I have FIOS and my PS5 registers around 1GB per a second for speed, ranges from 800-980 MBps. I have no issuue with internet connect.

I also have my PS5 connected to a TV that supports 120 refresh rate and VRR and both are setup to be used with ESO. My router also is setup to provide my PS5 with priority over all other devices and other features to ensure a smoother experience.

The only real time I have issues is when the hammer is out or against specific players and usually when I fight these players instances like the ones I posted above happen regularly and it's becoming annoying that this happens against specific players. In fact a full 12 man group was wiped out by 1 player within seconds and the player was not a bomber. They had some AoE but no bomb. We all had the same issues, we all got desync or had lag to the point where nothing could be done and than we are all dead. That same player wiped us out 2x and we didn't have any issues until we got near that player.

I really hope the devs do something to ensure players experience is better than what I have been dealing with because getting desync / lag around specific players every time you fight them is becoming an annoyance that is pushing players to quit.

I have a similar enough set up regarding PS5, tv and internet - and I fought you last night at DLowe. You and your Snipe pal besieging the inner back door from the back wall. I was the sorc who came out repeatedly to thwart your plans lol.

In the fights, I was getting lag to the point you were just standing still, and I couldn't even hit you with ranged LA weave. Same with your friend, as soon as I pressured him he cloaked away. Bar swapping to cast curse on him was awful, and even putting buffs on like surge and lightning form were laggy. I had to LoS into the tower multiple times because burst was almost impossible to pull off.

All that lag, and we three were the only ones present until it flagged. Then later, a whole group of yellow tried to siege front door and pushed back and forth over the wood bridge and the lag there felt less than a 1v2. It's specific skills more than its specific players we should hold responsible.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a similar enough set up regarding PS5, tv and internet - and I fought you last night at DLowe. You and your Snipe pal besieging the inner back door from the back wall. I was the sorc who came out repeatedly to thwart your plans lol.

In the fights, I was getting lag to the point you were just standing still, and I couldn't even hit you with ranged LA weave. Same with your friend, as soon as I pressured him he cloaked away. Bar swapping to cast curse on him was awful, and even putting buffs on like surge and lightning form were laggy. I had to LoS into the tower multiple times because burst was almost impossible to pull off.

All that lag, and we three were the only ones present until it flagged. Then later, a whole group of yellow tried to siege front door and pushed back and forth over the wood bridge and the lag there felt less than a 1v2. It's specific skills more than its specific players we should hold responsible.

There are specific skills that cause desync: Dragon Leap, Crescent Sweep, etc... I try not to use them if I can to improve the other player gaming experience. I rather duel others fairly.

As for last night, other than larger battles (like the one at DLow that you mentioned) and where the hammer was I really didn't have any lag.

I wonder how the fight would have gone if you weren't lagging. I know the person with me was having major issues and kept saying I'm going to stealth out if it will let me.

After I died at DLow you must have cursed me or had something because I nearly died where I revived at the home base. LOL,

• Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These are instances on my templar when there was NO LAG.

39K resistance, 10% damage mitigation from Flare, Blocking and had 100% health (30K total health). I got hit by surprise attack for 2.2K and spin to win killed me. I had regen from 2 sources as well. It was 2v1 with me being part of the 2 man group. My friend died from just surprise attack.

I was going against a DK that did leap onto me. I blocked through the leap hit my heals and buffs than I hit the player with toppling charge. Before he even broke free I died from 2 dizzy swings and a reverse slice from that player. The time from the jump to me hitting toppling charge maybe a bit over 1 second but the fact he got off two dizzy swings and a reverse slice was if considering when I hit toppling charge my life was full meaning those hits all came after I was fully healed. Not sure how that's possible.

Going against a DK and another templar. The DK hit me from behind a rock with fossilize. Which caused me to use stamina to break free from the root and more from the stun, had full stamina (20K) prior to being hit but had zero after breaking free, no poison or anything on me, no lag etc.. Right after I broke free and was given immunity was hit by toppling charge also out of the other player and was stunned and killed without being in their LoS. They came over to my corpse afterwards to tea bag me and it took them a good 10 seconds to get to my body.

Going 1v1 vs. a Templar and I popped immobilize potion and got hit by toppling charge right after I hit my potion only to be stunned. Than I got hit by javelin right after I broke free and I got knockback.

I know many will say it's lag or server desync. I know a desync when I see it; usually after crescent sweep, dragon leap, and tether I get desync and sometimes I will get booted from the server. There was no desync or lag; just bad experience in PVP with either people exploiting the game or my main character is seriously bugged.

The most important tool to sort these things out is Combat Metrics addon. It has a button on the left side (5th one down I think) that is a log report and can tell you every damage you took and the timing. The game Death recap is utterly useless, misleading and sometimes actually wrong.

A log will tell you if, for example, 10 skills all land in a second.

Lately there have been weird desyncs where you drop dead immediately without any warning or chance to react.

On top of this, I have also seen a lot of strange stuff lately; DK in medium armor, not blocking, being hit by 8-10 people and rarely dipping below 60% health. It is there on twitch, you can slow it down to see what is happening. In this case he disclosed his build and stats and they were just average. But the damage mitigation was incredible, most things hitting for under 1000 (and no corrosive or blocking either). Plus, the healing was super high. His Burning embers were consistently healing for 162% of the damage done, whereas tooltip says 102% (which i verified in PvE). Frequently this player would get 2 vigors hitting in the same exact instant according to his own combat log. And Coag hitting for 17k-- I can't get this in PVE with the same or better stats-- and he got it in PvP despite Battle spirit. So with super enhanced mitigation and super boosted healing, no wonder it took 8-10 players landing all their skills at once to kill him. I can find no game mechanic, given his build and stats, that would allow this sort of thing. So, as I said, some strange stuff happening.
    Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Tribune
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Tribune
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • Gorrdained
    Its that ability with lag and dsync. its horrible. Fossilize is the main offender of it. Such a broken cc with dsync. Fossilize stuns and roots, so with the dsynk when you break free it often times dont count the first two attempts but oddly you stamina cost will be taken for the attempt. then your dodge roll out of the immob effect. the dodge roll with not go through but it will take the stamina cost of the attempt leaving you with zero stamina. happens so often with that one cc. it should have be revamped long ago or removed and replaced with a new ability. dk's are broken as hell when it comes to fossilize. its just how they made the cc. its not op but it is broken.
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gorrdained wrote: »
    Its that ability with lag and dsync. its horrible. Fossilize is the main offender of it. Such a broken cc with dsync. Fossilize stuns and roots, so with the dsynk when you break free it often times dont count the first two attempts but oddly you stamina cost will be taken for the attempt. then your dodge roll out of the immob effect. the dodge roll with not go through but it will take the stamina cost of the attempt leaving you with zero stamina. happens so often with that one cc. it should have be revamped long ago or removed and replaced with a new ability. dk's are broken as hell when it comes to fossilize. its just how they made the cc. its not op but it is broken.

Well that explains a lot of issues vs DK, I knew leap desync me but fossil also does. 🤦‍♂️

I know with Templar I get screwed because most use crescent sweep.

I think that any ability that can desync should be banned from pvp until they should be fixed.

• Thecompton73
    Thecompton73
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Where you're misunderstanding is that it's nothing on client side that's causing this other than your physical location in relation to servers and/or how the information is being routed back and forth between your client and those servers by your ISP. Some people just have as I like to call it a "magic connection" with the servers so that they're able to see and react as much as a full second faster than a player with a typical connection. I'm decent at PvP and over the years would say I have won around 60-70% of 1v1's in Cyro. But in the thousands of times I've booted up the game there have been a hand full of times I've signed in and had that "magic" working for me. For those sessions my win rate shoots up to over 90% and I can actually beat players that I otherwise have no chance against. For a lucky few that's not such a rare occurrence and they enjoy that advantage over us on a regular basis.
    Edited by Thecompton73 on May 25, 2022 9:13PM