The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Bows builds need some buff, especially on BG

Etherea1
Etherea1
In PVE bow can do some good damage, but its sweaty compared to ranged mga builds.
PvP is dominated by mele tank meta, bow have no chance and no damage here.
BG matches against random people with 18k hp in pve gear does not count here.
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Part of the issue is Bow's Passives, they are just inferior to DW and 2H. There's nothing for Armor Pen at all, the Long Shots passive is useless as people are in your face constantly.

Hawkeye should affect all abilities, not just Bow Abilities.

Add Armor Pen based on how close someone is to you, as a secondary effect for Long Shots.

Just some thoughts there.

Altoholic, Frost Warden Sympathizer and Main

Glacial Guardian - Main - Frost Warden Zealot
    The Frost Man Cometh - PC Frost Backup
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Totally agree that the skill line needs some love. I’d suggest Hawkeye applying to all ranged attacks as a starting point.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think you really want to buff bow stamsorcs even more. They will be truly nasty next patch.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i run a 2h/bow NB in pvp, and i get far far more kills with the bow than i do with the 2h lol

poison injection is the one ive gotten the most kills with lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i run a 2h/bow NB in pvp, and i get far far more kills with the bow than i do with the 2h lol

What setup are you using if you don't mind sharing armor wise? I recently rolled a Bow NB and getting kills but still could use some improvement.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What setup are you using if you don't mind sharing armor wise? I recently rolled a Bow NB and getting kills but still could use some improvement.

its not perfect but it works for me:
    • 2 pc sellistrix (for the stuns, and sometimes kills people)
    • 5pc plaguebreak (no cooldown, adds DoT, explode on death/purge)
    • wild hunt ring (speed)
    • 2pc agility set as filler (for 1600 extra max stam)
    • front bar weapon 2h perfected maelstrom maul (maul for the penetration)
    • back bar blackrose bow (more dot with the magnum shot pairing with the knockback)

with food im probably sitting at around 28k max hp, not super squishy but not super tanky either, the balance between dmg/survival/sustain works for me

if i had to guess, i would say 60-70% of my kills with poison injection are from the direct dmg, not the dot, because while it doesnt hit super hard, its very very fast firing (one of the few skills that actually feels "instant") and i usually pair it with a light attack weave

i started using kill tracker a few months ago and i have almost 200 killing blows with poison injection (it doesnt differentiate between the direct dmg or dot), my next closest skill is still less than 100 (probably executioner)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Some better passives would be nice, as well as a buff or a rework on a couple skills like scatter shot, and to a lesser extent arrow spray and the focused aim morph of snipe.