The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New class idea!

Strykerous
Strykerous
✭✭✭
Skin changer, shape shifter, Druid! I know we got wolves and vampires that can do this. However, what if you can turn yourself into dragons, bears, Spriggans, Ect?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on May 22, 2022 11:29PM
  • EozZoe1989
    EozZoe1989
    ✭✭✭
    oo that sounds good .. dark. witch blood witch ,,, oor both.,. man warlock lol
  • Ragnarok0130
    Ragnarok0130
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    EozZoe1989 wrote: »
    oo that sounds good .. dark. witch blood witch ,,, oor both.,. man warlock lol

I think Reach witch would be an interesting concept although I'm sure they'd be kill on sight by each of the alliances.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Combat & Character Mechanics section, as it is better suited there.

Thanks
    Staff Post
  • Foxtrot39
    Foxtrot39
    ✭✭✭✭
    Strykerous wrote: »
    Skin changer, shape shifter, Druid! I know we got wolves and vampires that can do this. However, what if you can turn yourself into dragons, bears, Spriggans, Ect?

Reminder the class scope is limited by TES lore

The closest you will ever get from truning into a dragon is already in game as the DK plus the game doesn't support verticality or flight like guild wars 2 or WoW
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So if they added say Racial Ultimates, Bosmers could use the Wild Hunt and transform into different things.

"a flood of horrific beasts, tentacled toads, insects of armor and spine, gelatinous serpents, vaporous beings with the face of gods, blind in fury," or "a pack of shifting forest-demons and animal-gods, thousands strong, which sweeps through the countryside killing everything in its path."
    Altoholic, Frost Warden Sympathizer and Main

Glacial Guardian - Main - Frost Warden Zealot
    The Frost Man Cometh - PC Frost Backup
  • Foxtrot39
    Foxtrot39
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im ALL for a racial skill line/ult just for the sake of RP, have races do more than stats min maxing

Let my argonian use its tail in combat like in the blackwood trailer for instance

Though we get back to the skill bar slot issue, wouldn't mind geting a dedicated 6th slot for only racial non ult skills like they did for companion ult
    Edited by Foxtrot39 on May 23, 2022 3:55PM
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    we have :
    • earth + fire element + dragon = dragonknight
    • light + aedric + spear = templar
    • assassin + night + siphon = nightblade
    • daedric + storm = sorcerer
    • nature + animal (bear,dove,scorch,swarm,netch...) + ice = warden
    • bones + necromancy = necromancer

So we just need to search new elements to find the new class.
    Exemples:
    - water, sickness, poison, spiders, brutality....

classe names exemple:
    - berserker
    - shaman
    - illusionist
    - prowler
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • McTaterskins
    McTaterskins
    ✭✭✭✭
    New class: RNG Card Game Champion.
  • miguelcura
    miguelcura
    ✭✭✭
    Yes! now the card game is going to be a surprise.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/748d7022-40c8-4fcf-a548-8de0e9af5fe5/gif

Edited by miguelcura on May 24, 2022 1:58AM
  • Sparxlost
    Sparxlost
    ✭✭✭
    i imagine they would have an armor buff skill that gave them attributes of a certain animal and the different morphs would add other effects
    like if they had cat ears and a tail theyd get armor and evasion

i know they had missions where you could turn yourself into an actual animal but idk how useful turning into something with four legs would be... but say if you could turn into a bird it could be a useful escape tool or information/infiltration tool..
    like you can only go so far or so high after transforming and for a limited time...

this seems like a cool idea but the only reason they probably wont is because the warden class is a thing
  • Hescrow
    Hescrow
    ✭✭
    Perfknight. New class to kill lags issues, perf server problems in any content. Also called pk. Stamina version for hardware, magicka version for software. I think it would be a great New class.

Thoughts?

Troll end. 😅
  • Neglekt
    Neglekt
    ✭✭
    I think druid / shapeshifter is already captured in the Warden and Werewolf classes.
    Xarc wrote: »
    we have :
    • earth + fire element + dragon = dragonknight
    • light + aedric + spear = templar
    • assassin + night + siphon = nightblade
    • daedric + storm = sorcerer
    • nature + animal (bear,dove,scorch,swarm,netch...) + ice = warden
    • bones + necromancy = necromancer

So we just need to search new elements to find the new class.
    Exemples:
    - water, sickness, poison, spiders, brutality....

classe names exemple:
    - berserker
    - shaman
    - illusionist
    - prowler

This is more on the right track, but the examples don't hold when considering skill line interpolation...
    ---
    - Berserker ~= dk, ww, fighters guild
    - Shaman ~= warden
    - Illusionist ~= magblade, psijic order
    - prowler ~= nightblade, vampire

Any new class should minimize thematic redundancy while adhering to constraints of TES lore. A good example might be an engineer themed class that uses technologies (eg; dwemer / steam powered) to create temporary weapons for DPS (turrets, explosives, clockwork companions, etc..), mechanized suits for tanking, tonal magic for healing, etc... This is a combat archetype that has never been available to the player, but that is common to NPC's (eg; in clockwork city, accounts of the dwemer, etc..).
  • DeadCrow777
    DeadCrow777
    Soul Shriven
    Alterationist? A wizard who specializes in Alteration magic. Focus points would be battlefield control and debuffs. Dedicated off balance, snares, roots and the like. The Ult could be pulling out the Wabbajack and polymorphing an enemy for 10 secs.
    Polymorph rules could apply here too. Enemy couldn't hurt you but hurting it ends poly early so it could be a dedicated heal time. End bosses excluded probably
  • Goldtistic
    Goldtistic
    ✭✭
    While I have no suggestions myself, all of the suggestions in here seem... extremely specialized and lacking in philosophy or theme? Especially the people mentioning magic/nature stuff, Sorcerer and Warden are supposed to have those on lockdown. I can certainly see a water-based class being added but it seems useless because we don't have actual water damage, just frost. I feel like 6 classes is already enough.
  • TheDreamstride
    Bard

Three respective skill trees:
    Alteration - Tank (Ebonyflesh, utilizing telekinesis by pulling enemies at one place, providing shields to the team)
    Hydromancy - Damage Dealer (Different from Warden, the defining element here is water in its liquid form)
    Song - Healer (provides unique buffs and strong heals to the team)

Mystic

Clockwork - Tank (deploys stationary but strong aoe buffs, kind of a builder
    Soul magic - Damage dealer (we have a skill tree for this but I'd love to see it expanded)
    Astronomy - Healer (stars, moons, divinations, powerful buffs and heals to allies)

Witch

Spellsword - Tank
    Blood Magic - Damage Dealer
    Ritualist - Healer

(basically heavily inspired by hagravens, think of flying ravens, Nocturnal, blacks and purples)

These are some of my ideas. :)