The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Master Writ Chance?

One_ofMany
One_ofMany
✭✭✭
I'm confused about how it calculates your drop chance when having multiple crafting toons.
Do I need Motifs and Traits on all of them?
Do I need provisioner recipes on all or all needing to know all runes and alchemy combos?
Are achievements account-wide? What achievements lend toward Master Writ drop?

Thanks!
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master writ chances are completely character-based.

While they initially stated they were "achievement-based", that was incorrect, as they are using the Lore Library to track whether a character knows specific things.

From what I've tested/reported from ZoS.

Blacksmithing/Woodworking/Clothing - Researched traits (only need 1 of each of the 9 types, so you don't need to research all on everything) and Motif knowledge (Tracked by the lore library; heavily weighted to the first few that you learn)

Jewelry - Researched Traits

Provisioning - Purple and Gold recipes known

Enchanting - Runes translated

Alchemy - Properties translated (all 4 needed)

Much of this is included in the spreadsheet linked in my signature on the first tab about what increases the drop rate.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • One_ofMany
    One_ofMany
    ✭✭✭
    So only 1ea of all 9 in the Blacksmithing/Woodworking/Clothing? So I could do 9 separate weap/armor with one diff on each one and that is all need? Does learning more increase or is it capped?
    Thank you!!
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One_ofMany wrote: »
    So only 1ea of all 9 in the Blacksmithing/Woodworking/Clothing? So I could do 9 separate weap/armor with one diff on each one and that is all need? Does learning more increase or is it capped?
    Thank you!!

The original statement was for the achievement, and you only need to research each trait once for the associated achievements. So I'm going off of that. The trait knowledge for BS/WW/Cloth is on the order of a few percentage points increase in the chance. Motifs can give you a larger boost.

I started researching traits long before writs even existed, so I don't have data to confirm or deny the original statement from ZoS on what affects the drop rate (with regards to trait knowledge).
    Edited by tmbrinks on May 24, 2022 8:46PM
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points