The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

please add furnishing materials to surveys

aza_sel
aza_sel
✭✭✭
I dont mind about the 700 item cap, but the prices for heartwood, mundane runes and so are too high.
so please add furnishing materials to surveys.
It would also be nice to add the style mats used for funishings to delve dailie rewards an not to worldboss dailies, because one can do delve dailies alone, but not the woldbosses
Regards
  • Mascen
    Mascen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah the furnishing mat shortage is ridiculous, but there's a number of ways it can be tackled.

In addition to your suggestion, i made a thread a while ago asking for letting us deconstruct/recycle furnishings for mats since alot of waste stems from regrettable crafting decisions.
  • aza_sel
    aza_sel
    ✭✭✭
    that would be an additional option, too
    whatever, they should give us more mats, its annoying, you need gold, you need achievements, you need furniture plans, ok I have the time to run around in circles for hours, but others dont
  • maximusrex45
    maximusrex45
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree that this should happen.

Furnishing mats should also have a higher drop rate, be including in hireling deliveries, come from deconstructed furnishing items, and come from refining other crafting materials.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't believe it was ever stated that these are intentionally not dropping furnishing mats. I'd consider it a bug and report it regularly until it's fixed.

Furnishing mats in surveys would definitely help with supply issues, but the problem runs deeper as we only have supply issues due to demand. Many newer recipes, especially structural plans, require Mundane Rune in large quantities. If the supply is increased, nothing is stopping ZOS from also increasing the demand in newer recipes if they choose to do so. We need to convince ZOS that the current supply and demand ratio is inappropriate before any fixes will matter long term.
  • aza_sel
    aza_sel
    ✭✭✭
    if Im right, it shouldnt be a problem to add them to the loot table, in any case it should be easier to accomplish than other things like increasing the funiture cap
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I had read somewhere on here that the drop rate of mundane runes had been increased sometime recently, but I’m not seeing it. Maybe 1 in every 20 runestones has one. I can’t even find most runestone nodes anymore when farming them.

I have a regular farming run for all the furnishing mats, and then I have to have a separate run where I just go for runestones now.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They could also take a bunch of recipes that currently require Mundane Rune and change the requirement to Bast, Regulus or any of the ones that aren't Heartwood or Mundane Rune.

That's the key issue. There isn't a shortage of furnishing mats in general. There is a shortage of very specific materials based on what they are required for. Every time a new set of structural plans comes out that requires 9 - 15 Mundane Runes per piece, the issue becomes larger. You can't just solve this problem long term by adding more Mundane Runes. That's a short term solution. You need to figure out why for some reason ZOS wants us to use 15 Mundane Runes on a single piece to begin with. If there is a specific reason that demand has to be on this scale, we can work on that issue. Unfortunately, I can't think of any particular reason it has to be this way. Those recipes could require 1 - 2 Mundane Runes and we can solve the problem from the demand side instead of the supply side.
  • aza_sel
    aza_sel
    ✭✭✭
    2 options:
    increase droprate whatever or decrease the mats needed.
    I need for a 600 slot house about 1 000 heartwood, 1 000 mundane runes and so on
    thats really annoying.
    you need eso plus for housing, so why must be players be tortured
  • aza_sel
    aza_sel
    ✭✭✭
    I don't believe it was ever stated that these are intentionally not dropping furnishing mats. I'd consider it a bug and report it regularly until it's fixed.

Furnishing mats in surveys would definitely help with supply issues, but the problem runs deeper as we only have supply issues due to demand. Many newer recipes, especially structural plans, require Mundane Rune in large quantities. If the supply is increased, nothing is stopping ZOS from also increasing the demand in newer recipes if they choose to do so. We need to convince ZOS that the current supply and demand ratio is inappropriate before any fixes will matter long term.

I consider the drop rate of hackwing plumage and the drop rate of furnishing plans also as a bug.
    before blackwood you didnt find murkmire furnishing plans, but got - hm - plenty of hackwing plumage in the dailie rewards.
    since blackwood you find lots of furnishing plans but rarely hackwing plumage.