The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

DK is healing to much?? What about Templars, Necros, Wardens, NB

UntouchableHunter
UntouchableHunter
✭✭✭✭
A templar ia able to solo a veteran dungeon only with sweeps and ZOS are saying that burning embers it is healing to much???

I'm waiting to see the nerf healing for Templar, Necros, Wardens and NB because looks like they are healing a lot more than the DKs.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on May 17, 2022 2:57AM
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Combat & Character Mechanics section, as it is better suited there.

Thanks
    Staff Post
  • Arthtur
    Arthtur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess they wanted to nerf DK healing in PvP without hurting PvE tanks. DK has unique passive for healing received (12%) which is quite good when healing is op. But if they would nerf it it would hit PvE tanks so they targeted Embers instead.
    Do i think its a right thing to do? No. Healing in PvP is nerfed by half. If healing skills still are too strong they should look why healing is so powerful in PvP and add some counter play (more skills/sets/poisons that hurts opponent healing) instead of hurting base skills that have use in PvE.
    Well at least thats how i see it.
    PC/EU @Arthtur

Toxic Tank for the win :x
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DK nerfs were heavy handed (as usual), and are focused on self healing, so that's what I will reference.

Warden (what I main) actually doesn't have great self healing for PvP. Their burst heal in Arctic/Polar are health based so they are pretty bad UNLESS you're a tank. Nature's Gift (Sustain Passive) does not proc when you heal yourself.

In PvE it's different. Warden does fine healing, both self and group.

Just my 2 cents.
    Altoholic, Frost Warden Sympathizer and Main

Glacial Guardian - Main - Frost Warden Zealot
    The Frost Man Cometh - PC Frost Backup
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am not ingame atm, but doesn't embers currently heal for 100% of the damage done vs templar sweeps heals for 40% of the damage done? Swallow soul, essentialy a spam attack, heals for 35% of the damage done over 10 seconds and Sap Essence also heals for a fraction of the damage done. Am I missing something with these two classes and Warden/Necros?
  • Arthtur
    Arthtur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    I am not ingame atm, but doesn't embers currently heal for 100% of the damage done vs templar sweeps heals for 40% of the damage done? Swallow soul, essentialy a spam attack, heals for 35% of the damage done over 10 seconds and Sap Essence also heals for a fraction of the damage done. Am I missing something with these two classes and Warden/Necros?

It got nerfed on PTS to 50%.
    PC/EU @Arthtur

Toxic Tank for the win :x
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Swallow Soul gives you 35% of the damage done every 2 seconds for 10 seconds. So every time it ticks you get 35% of the damage done back as a heal.

Edited by Snamyap on May 17, 2022 4:22AM
  • Thecompton73
    Thecompton73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snamyap wrote: »

Swallow Soul gives you 35% of the damage done every 2 seconds for 10 seconds. So every time it ticks you get 35% of the damage done back as a heal.

Yes but burning embers applies burning status which gives DK the equivalent of 666 magic recovery from the combustion passive, even after that got nerfed.
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yes but burning embers applies burning status which gives DK the equivalent of 666 magic recovery from the combustion passive, even after that got nerfed.

Great, but I was only correcting Amottica, not commenting on the balance of it all.
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome, take away heal from sweeps!
    Then give it some other awesome buff. Like minor vitality, or minor vitality while slotted, or something, hell yah.

Then make jabs magic damage again.

Cause the heal is useless in PvP
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

A good point to look at the entire benefit of the skill.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We all know you can't evaluate these things in a vacuum. Yes in many ways Necro has better healing than DK, but it doesn't have as wide an array of effective class damage skills as DK.

Warden self-healing is bad, you're more or less dependent on Tree Ult to have something close to other classes' self-healing.
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Lailaamell
    Lailaamell
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like healing spamables
    A templar ia able to solo a veteran dungeon only with sweeps and ZOS are saying that burning embers it is healing to much???

I'm waiting to see the nerf healing for Templar, Necros, Wardens and NB because looks like they are healing a lot more than the DKs.

Templar is completly underpowered magplar needs a buff
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arthtur wrote: »
    I guess they wanted to nerf DK healing in PvP without hurting PvE tanks. DK has unique passive for healing received (12%) which is quite good when healing is op. But if they would nerf it it would hit PvE tanks so they targeted Embers instead.
    Do i think its a right thing to do? No. Healing in PvP is nerfed by half. If healing skills still are too strong they should look why healing is so powerful in PvP and add some counter play (more skills/sets/poisons that hurts opponent healing) instead of hurting base skills that have use in PvE.
    Well at least thats how i see it.

Continuous attack, the fact that being near keep heals 10% more, never reigning in the power of certain OP sets and arena items/mythics, ZOS giving free damage reduction in CP with no trade-off, etc.

Only to be made worse when Oakensoul arrives. What a joy, eh?
  • Falcon_of_light
    Falcon_of_light
    ✭✭✭
    NB? Ahahaha, broken class main whine about worst class X D
  • Foxtrot39
    Foxtrot39
    ✭✭✭✭

What is broken about it?

The fact Magblade is objectively the worst class for PVP, Nb healer and tankblade being non existant even in PVE or that the class itself has 0 group utility or synergy skill along with a dead class ultimate?

If the problem is cloak start using the 7 different hard counter avaiable to any class
    Edited by Foxtrot39 on May 22, 2022 1:32AM
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Foxtrot39 wrote: »

What is broken about it?

The fact Magblade is objectively the worst class for PVP, Nb healer and tankblade being non existant even in PVE or that the class itself has 0 group utility or synergy skill along with a dead class ultimate?

If the problem is cloak start using the 7 different hard counter avaiable to any class

That's what he's saying. OP is complaining about DK getting nerfed and saying that every other class has better self healing.

Which is so many kinds of wrong.
    Altoholic, Frost Warden Sympathizer and Main

Glacial Guardian - Main - Frost Warden Zealot
    The Frost Man Cometh - PC Frost Backup
  • Lailaamell
    Lailaamell
    ✭✭✭
    Dks nerf is not noticeable it will still be a god mode class
  • Elendir2am
    Elendir2am
    ✭✭✭✭
    Foxtrot39 wrote: »

What is broken about it?

Look at trials logs. You will see some NB solo healers there. I had discussion about NB healer some time ago, where someone showed me, that NB is best healer in PvP and second best in PvE.

Magblade isnt as good as it was before some other class get buffet, but it was one of the best PvE DD and it is still very good.