Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Arx Corinium solo

Casandra
Casandra
✭✭✭
Is there a law that you can't solo group dungeons..... no chests will appear unless I group up with somone in this dungeon. I can run it on vet and no chests even, unless I group up with even 1 person.... i have researched this a million times. No chests, not even 1 stinking chest, if you are solo.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on May 22, 2022 11:33PM
Deliverance Still Emp titled because ZOS hasn't fixed in 4 years,Stamblade, Grand Overlord
Crimson Chaos, Sorc Grand Overlord retiring soon
Casandra V14 NB,
Daenery Grand Overlord (retired) V14 Sorc,
Immortali General
Rivenspire Merchant Guild
FormerlyHaderus
GraY Host
(Proud to be all EP)
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Casandra wrote: »
    Is there a law that you can't solo group dungeons..... no chests will appear unless I group up with somone in this dungeon. I can run it on vet and no chests even, unless I group up with even 1 person.... i have researched this a million times. No chests, not even 1 stinking chest, if you are solo.

Chests appear in solo dungeons, but they have a lower rate of appearing. This was something that was done early on in the game's lifecycle to prevent people going into a dungeon kitted out in stealth gear with invisibility potions or as a nightblade to farm chests. It also affects duo groups, which is my preferred way of running content with my wife, and I find it to be a little annoying but I understand why it's like that.
    Edited by merpins on May 22, 2022 7:22PM
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My rate of return is better soloing dungeons or leisurely duoing with a friend. The trouble with a full pug is the group runs so darn fast that even if there are more chests, you see less of them and fall way behind if you stop to open one or even call it out in text chat.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I usually get two chest when soloing (normal) dungeons, though often it's a simple one and it drops nothing, despite the CP thingie. I even farmed Arx for a while and got plenty of chests there. So you're either very unlucky or you miss them. You have the glowing chest passive from the excavation skill line?
    Edited by Snamyap on May 22, 2022 8:01PM
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I usually see 2 or 3 chests per dungeon when solo and the above mentioned Antiquities passive really helps in not missing them!

This is on normal not vet, I'm way too lazy to try solo vets!! 🤣
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • Blinx
    Blinx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    like freespirit, I usually see a minimum of 2 chests on normal, no clue on vet tho

• SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've soloed normal Arx Corinium numerous times and have always found two treasure chests. Sometimes you have to look all over for them, but this map should help:

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/File:Arx_Chest_HS_Map.jpg
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    I've soloed normal Arx Corinium numerous times and have always found two treasure chests. Sometimes you have to look all over for them, but this map should help:

I agree with this statement. Arx Corinium has 2 chests as should all group dungeons. This applies if you are solo or in a group. If you're not seeing two chests, you may not be aware of all the potential spawn points. If you were to check all the potential spawn points you would definitely find 2 chests in this dungeon currently.

It's entirely possible that some dungeons may have chest spawn points that are inaccessible to the player. Possibly stuck in the ground or in a wall. I don't know of any bugged locations currently in Arx Corinium.
  • joerginger
    joerginger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, two chests should always be there. I usually find both, but sometimes I only see one. It's not unlikely that I either didn't look in ALL possible places or that I simply missed one.

These days most chests only give us random crappy non-set gear, but since I got my Medusa Lightning staff from a simple chest, I still open those.
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is there anything special that drops from dungeon chests that I am apparently unaware of?
    Because chests have been the least of my concerns when soloing a dungeon.
    Especially Arx, where I'm only after the lead from Sellistrix.
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • Dagoth_Rac
      Dagoth_Rac
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Grizzbeorn wrote: »
      Is there anything special that drops from dungeon chests that I am apparently unaware of?

Treasure chests have completely random gear, making them the only way to get weapons/jewelry before final boss. So whether you are looking for a particular weapon or just trying to complete sticker book, you can significantly reduce the number of runs needed by farming chests.
    • ZOS_Hadeostry
      Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Dungeons, Trials & Arenas section, as it is better suited there.

Thanks
      Staff Post
    • Grizzbeorn
      Grizzbeorn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
      Grizzbeorn wrote: »

Treasure chests have completely random gear, making them the only way to get weapons/jewelry before final boss. So whether you are looking for a particular weapon or just trying to complete sticker book, you can significantly reduce the number of runs needed by farming chests.

Thanks.
      I guess I've gotten in the habit of not looking for them in dungeons because I rarely see them there, anyway. I figured they were simply rare spawns, because I might find only one or two if I run a dungeon three or four times in a session.
      (I use the HarvestMap add-on, and the chests are rarely there... just a lonesome 3D pin.)
        PC/NA Warden Main
      • PlagueSD
        PlagueSD
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        freespirit wrote: »
        I usually see 2 or 3 chests per dungeon when solo and the above mentioned Antiquities passive really helps in not missing them!

This is on normal not vet, I'm way too lazy to try solo vets!! 🤣

3 chests in a group dungeon? There should only be 2 max, unless you're talking about the DLC dungeons with the hidden bosses. I've soloed Arx quite a few times finishing up my stickerbook and ALWAYS saw 2 chests.
      • jaws343
        jaws343
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        2 always drop, no matter group size. I soloed this one a ton to farm sticker book pieces and found 2 chests every time.
      • FrancisCrawford
        FrancisCrawford
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭
        Some thoughts:
        • Was it not the case that Arx Corinium had unusually many chests, until they nerfed that?
        • To me, Arx Corinium chests are relatively hard to see or find, as opposed to ones in narrower and less ruined dungeons such as Banished Cells.
        • Perhaps the previous two points go together.
      • BretonMage
        BretonMage
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        SeaGtGruff wrote: »

Yes, Arx can be a bit sneaky with their treasure chests, I've found them behind walls and hidden in the ruins past the final boss. It can be worth looking for them as I've found staves and set jewellery with the Treasure Hunter perk.
      • jaws343
        jaws343
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Some thoughts:
        • Was it not the case that Arx Corinium had unusually many chests, until they nerfed that?
        • To me, Arx Corinium chests are relatively hard to see or find, as opposed to ones in narrower and less ruined dungeons such as Banished Cells.
        • Perhaps the previous two points go together.

There are certainly some interesting spots for those chests. Some even that require post dungeon maneuvering.
      • M0ntie
        M0ntie
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Agree with earlier posts. I've farmed and helped people farm Arx a lot. The Medusa inferno was BIS or close to for quite a while. There are always 2 chests even when soloing it and on vet. You do need to check in the tower after the last boss.

Early on there used to be more chests in Arx, recently (last year or so) there are 2, like all dungeons.
      • JanTanhide
        JanTanhide
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Casandra wrote: »

I've soloed Arx over a hundred times and I've gotten no less than two chests every time. Every dungeon I've soloed I always get at least two chests. I don't know where all these comments are coming from about reduced number of chests if you solo. I have never experienced less than two chests.

And I just soloed Arx again two days ago and got three chests. I'm on NA PC and I use Harvest Map for all the chest spawn locations.
      • nesmewno
        nesmewno
        ✭✭
        All dungeons for 4 people have 2 chests. No more, no less. This standard was introduced a couple of years ago.
      • xiphactinus
        xiphactinus
        ✭✭✭
        I use the perks you get from excavation/scrying and I find at least 2 chests in Arx each time I solo it. They can be quite well hidden.
      • daemondamian
        daemondamian
        ✭✭✭
        Have done Arx on normal multiple times (maybe 50) on all of my 13 char of various classes, builds & skill levels & can't remember there ever not being any chests at all.
      • Necrotech_Master
        Necrotech_Master
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Have done Arx on normal multiple times (maybe 50) on all of my 13 char of various classes, builds & skill levels & can't remember there ever not being any chests at all.

there are a few chests that are in pretty tricky locations, including a few which are in areas past where the last boss is (and at least 2 possible ones that can spawn within the first couple mobs of enemies in the load in area)
        plays PC/NA
        handle @Necrotech_Master
        active player since april 2014