The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Is Crimson Diamond lead in Falkreath Hold bugged again?

Sirona_Starr
Sirona_Starr
✭✭✭✭✭
Was in a group that ran that dungeon about 10 times yesterday. We didn't always find 2 chests, but in those runs, no one got the lead - so let's say the equivalent of about 30 chests, including a master chest. Is it bugged again? If it isn't, the drop rate needs to be boosted imho.
  • ke.sardenb14_ESO
    ke.sardenb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    A few days ago I ran FH multiple times to fill the sticker book. While I don't have the exact number of runs, I do know it was well over 15. In that time I believe the lead dropped twice, neither of which was me.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was running this dungeon solo. I finished it once, and all of the other runs lasted till I have found 2 chests .Then I port back home and wait 5 min for instance to reset. Then repeat & repeat. It took me more or less 80 chests (around 40 runs) till I got the lead.

RNG on that thing is horrible. It is more or less the same as for the other leads that drop from overland chests. But this is not overland, it is a group dungeon. You can not just ignore mobs & find chests. Every freaking time you have to kill everything and 2 or 3 bosses. It is very badly designed. Since this is a group dungeon, drop rate should be way higher.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on December 2, 2021 10:09AM
  • Contraptions
    Contraptions
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't think it's bugged, it just has a ridiculously low drop rate. Combined with only 2 chests per run makes it really annoying to farm.
    Patroller and Editor at UESP
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It took me around 30 runs, or 60 chest, to drop the lead. Which, when you consider drop rates of other mythic leads, it is right around the same. Just yeah, the 2 chests per run aspect makes it seem like it is much harder to get.

Consider the Banished Cells 2 lead, or the Black Drake Villa lead. I had to of killed 2 or 3 hundred enemies in each before the leads dropped. That is 2 or 3 hundred "containers" of loot. Compared to the 60 it took for the Falkreath lead to drop.
  • GrahamJoyce
    GrahamJoyce
    ✭✭✭
    I had to do around 20 runs 30-40 chests in normal mode before it finally dropped for me. I agree drop rate could probably use a boost.
    Edited by GrahamJoyce on December 3, 2021 12:49AM
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, without the antiquity perk, because the chests look like small boxes, and there's so many things in the dungeon, it's so hard to spot them...
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    Also, without the antiquity perk, because the chests look like small boxes, and there's so many things in the dungeon, it's so hard to spot them...

To be fair though, if you are going for a mythic lead farm, you (or at least someone in your group) most likely have the skill high enough to highlight those chests.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

To be fair though, if you are going for a mythic lead farm, you (or at least someone in your group) most likely have the skill high enough to highlight those chests.

Not really.

You could easily be on an alt that doesn't have it.

You can get leads on any character.
    Edited by Brrrofski on December 3, 2021 9:00AM
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »

Not really.

Yeah, that is how I farmed the daily coffer leads for Deadlands. Just swapped characters and did the daily until it dropped. Only my main can scry.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started farming this lead with an almost empty sticker book… I now have 44/52 items for the dungeon, but still no lead. It’s a horrid one to get it seems.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The drop rate is low but it exists. A guild friend of mine was trying to get it. It took him about 80 runs. I got it in my 10th or so runs with him. 2 guildies got it in their first run with him. Good luck getting it
    Edited by fizl101 on May 22, 2022 2:50PM
    Soupy twist
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    Not really.

And this is why I’l leveling Antiquities on all of my alts.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Full sticker book… now just farming chests and leaving and resetting. Doing it solo because so many hate look8ng for chests… worst lead by far.