Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Battleground Daily Reward criterion can be very frustrating

Reyik77
Reyik77
Soul Shriven
Hey everyone!
I am a working man i work everyday so i don't have that much time to play the game. I usually do the daily stuffs in the game and some quests and the day is gone...
I don't hate PVP i just hate the unbalanced matches where 1 team is overpowered and the other two is weak or where 2 team is very strong and the 3rd is very weak so they cannot even do anything because they die every two second. I like to go to play 2-3 bgs and do my best in the matches but the daily reward criterion is big misstake i think it's ruining the experience of the game. If you are not lucky you like will get into the team which is weak and you will play a match where you can do your best but you will always be 3rd. 2 day ago i played 11 bgs because my team was third ten times in a row so i literally ruined hours and i didn't had a chance to do any other thing for just to get the daily chest and xp bonus... Maybe the daily condition should be changed something like this. (You can see on the picture) Problem with this could be that the one of the players could just go into bgs and afk. Yap i know maybe they should add a system which watching the damage. If they don't deal damage for X seconds then they get kicked out so they cannot just go in and AFK.
Please change this daily reward condition in the battlegrounds to have a better player experience! Thank you!

Thanks for your time reading it! I will listen to other opinions too!
  • Reyik77
    Reyik77
    Soul Shriven
    Reyik77 wrote: »
    Hey everyone!
    I am a working man i work everyday so i don't have that much time to play the game. I usually do the daily stuffs in the game and some quests and the day is gone...
    I don't hate PVP i just hate the unbalanced matches where 1 team is overpowered and the other two is weak or where 2 team is very strong and the 3rd is very weak so they cannot even do anything because they die every two second. I like to go to play 2-3 bgs and do my best in the matches but the daily reward criterion is big misstake i think it's ruining the experience of the game. If you are not lucky you like will get into the team which is weak and you will play a match where you can do your best but you will always be 3rd. 2 day ago i played 11 bgs because my team was third ten times in a row so i literally ruined hours and i didn't had a chance to do any other thing for just to get the daily chest and xp bonus... Maybe the daily condition should be changed something like this. (You can see on the picture) Problem with this could be that the one of the players could just go into bgs and afk. Yap i know maybe they should add a system which watching the damage. If they don't deal damage for X seconds then they get kicked out so they cannot just go in and AFK.
    Please change this daily reward condition in the battlegrounds to have a better player experience! Thank you!

Thanks for your time reading it! I will listen to other opinions too!

The picture did not inserted itself so here is the link. Sorry!
    Link: https://imgur.com/a/JgYKWUx
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, if last place still got reward, people would queue into battleground and then actively try to lose. The requirement to not come in last means that, generally, everyone in BG will at least try to win. While I hate how unbalanced BG are and how it is mostly just dumb luck that determines if you are 1st/2nd/3rd, I don't think this would fix it. It would lead to lots of players just trying to lose as fast as possible so they can get reward and go do something else (probably log into an alt and try to lose a BG as fast as possible again).
  • kwinter
    kwinter
    ✭✭✭
    How about base it players score not were your group finishes. Once a player reaches 3000 score for the day they get rewards. It should only take 1 to 2 BG to get this.
  • LurgidBean
    LurgidBean
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree that 1/3rd of participants not getting the bonus XP feels unfair & frustrating. I got into BGs during last Midyear, and I'm trying to get my PvE guldies to join me. The carrot of style pages and emotes is strong, but PvErs love that XP grind and that purple bonus is the best lure. However, they are unlikely to get it as they are new to BGs, and the current system doesn't encourage them stick around. Playing 3+ matches, getting stomped, losing every one AND not even getting an XP bonus or decent game reward feels bad so they just go back to Stormhaven queing random normals on 10 different toons for that Bonus XP. And BGs doesn't grow.

I understand that safeguards are in place because players would exploit it otherwise, but there has to be a better compromise possible.

If there was a way to award partial XP it would help. Such as, coming in 3rd place gets you 1/3 or 1/4 of the bonus XP, up to the full amount in one 20 hour period. If you participate in 3 or 4 full matches but get unlucky in teammates and lose every time, you still get the XP in chunks. Playing 4 complete BGs would likely take over an hour with queues. Players wanting the quick XP bonus would be trying to win, because that's a one-and-done. It'd be much more of an effort & time to just try to "throw" the match and lose 4 times in a row to cheese the XP bonus. Would people still try to exploit? Probably, that's the nature of the game. But players who want the BG experience and are still "getting gud" have access to the XP bonus without feeling "empty handed".

If that's too complicated or won't work, perhaps make the first daily BG quest award more XP? May not get the purple bonus XP, but a decent chunk from the daily. 2/3rds of players will be able to get the purple XP bonus + the extra turn in, but their faster XP gain doesn't affect or block others progress like the ranked reward system does now.

Xbox NA/EU
    "Once I misplaced an entire roast chicken, so this doesn't surprise me."
  • Reyik77
    Reyik77
    Soul Shriven
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    Unfortunately, if last place still got reward, people would queue into battleground and then actively try to lose. The requirement to not come in last means that, generally, everyone in BG will at least try to win. While I hate how unbalanced BG are and how it is mostly just dumb luck that determines if you are 1st/2nd/3rd, I don't think this would fix it. It would lead to lots of players just trying to lose as fast as possible so they can get reward and go do something else (probably log into an alt and try to lose a BG as fast as possible again).

I see what you mean but unfortunately right now still players who just come in and AFK or not doing anything or playing TDM when it's chaosball/capture the point and that's instant lose and you get literally nothing that's the saddest part. Everybody is awarded expect the 3rd team.
  • Reyik77
    Reyik77
    Soul Shriven
    kwinter wrote: »
    How about base it players score not were your group finishes. Once a player reaches 3000 score for the day they get rewards. It should only take 1 to 2 BG to get this.

This idea makes sense and awesome! Maybe something like this could make the experience much better!
  • Reyik77
    Reyik77
    Soul Shriven
    LurgidBean wrote: »
    I agree that 1/3rd of participants not getting the bonus XP feels unfair & frustrating. I got into BGs during last Midyear, and I'm trying to get my PvE guldies to join me. The carrot of style pages and emotes is strong, but PvErs love that XP grind and that purple bonus is the best lure. However, they are unlikely to get it as they are new to BGs, and the current system doesn't encourage them stick around. Playing 3+ matches, getting stomped, losing every one AND not even getting an XP bonus or decent game reward feels bad so they just go back to Stormhaven queing random normals on 10 different toons for that Bonus XP. And BGs doesn't grow.

I understand that safeguards are in place because players would exploit it otherwise, but there has to be a better compromise possible.

If there was a way to award partial XP it would help. Such as, coming in 3rd place gets you 1/3 or 1/4 of the bonus XP, up to the full amount in one 20 hour period. If you participate in 3 or 4 full matches but get unlucky in teammates and lose every time, you still get the XP in chunks. Playing 4 complete BGs would likely take over an hour with queues. Players wanting the quick XP bonus would be trying to win, because that's a one-and-done. It'd be much more of an effort & time to just try to "throw" the match and lose 4 times in a row to cheese the XP bonus. Would people still try to exploit? Probably, that's the nature of the game. But players who want the BG experience and are still "getting gud" have access to the XP bonus without feeling "empty handed".

If that's too complicated or won't work, perhaps make the first daily BG quest award more XP? May not get the purple bonus XP, but a decent chunk from the daily. 2/3rds of players will be able to get the purple XP bonus + the extra turn in, but their faster XP gain doesn't affect or block others progress like the ranked reward system does now.

You wrote a lot and i understand what you mean can be tiring and not fun. But because the players like to use exploit (some of them) this can be not good plus complicated. Idea of kwinter simple and the best i think.