The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Prediction of Oaken - Most broken In High Isle

WeylandLabs
WeylandLabs
✭✭✭✭✭
This is to gather information based on Oakensouls theorycrafting / new 1 bar playstyle / class / race abilities to completely dominate in PvP and out perform everything else. With that said - I've narrowed it down to 2 playstyles that I feel will be the meta. I dont see anything else coming close to this...

Prediction of Oaken - Most broken In High Isle 18 votes

Oaken - WW Sorc
50%
Rhaegar75FangOfTheTwoMoonsLuedeDakkxFirmamentOfStarsGetAgrippaSkaraMinocAdamLADlonnml 9 votes
Oaken - Vamp/ Templar aka Vamplars
50%
acastanza_ESObirdikWeylandLabsred_emuWyrd88LoneStar2911xDeusEJRxAmerisesEinar_Hrafnarsson 9 votes
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that probably non of the above. Oakensoul does not bring anything worth a mythic slot for a WW, as only buffs you get is Major Courage and Major Protection. For Major Force you will need high crit chance. It is imho not something that will be a game chnager for WW and other mythic will still be a better option.

I can see this being very usefull for other transformations though, like Vamp or Necro ulti.

What imho will be broken is Proc set bomber builds (DC & PB sets) as those will deal way more damage, crit more often and for more. It is also possible that some ultimate based builds will be very strong as you will have Major Heroism. On PTS it was super easy to make a DK Dragon Leap spam build, or NB Incap spam build. As for the NBs - it is also possible that glass cannon gank specs will be kinda strong. For example, On a NB, you have a guaranteed crit chance (Major Force will stack with NB crit dmg passive).
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on May 19, 2022 11:17PM
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It will be strong for NB gankers and bombers, possibly broken. The reason is that your buff choices are kind of limited on those specs. You need skills and sets that pre-buff you before the gank, which is for example why Clever Alchemist was adjusted in a previous patch to prohibit the set from activating outside of combat. A cloaked nightblade is frequently considered out of combat by the engine.

Oakensoul delivers what Alchemist does not: Permanent and unconditional damage buffs. Major Courage, Major Force, Major Berserk and Major Sorcery / Brutality. Courage and Berserk are the equivalent of two 5 piece bonuses. The usual argument that Courage is a placeholder for an Infused back bar enchant being activated and Berserk is some other buff you might get from your back bar, that does not apply. Ganking is based on surprise. You don't ever get to activate backbar enchants on a ganker. You might get Minor Berserk from Camou Hunter, which you won't slot with Oakensoul, but you're getting Major. That's also a win.

Furthemore Oakensoul improves your sustain to where you should be able to do without Siphoning Attacks / Leeching Strikes. It will lead to Incap / Soul Harvest chaining, as stated above. Nightblades can be viable without much defense. Cloak, a heal, and RAT or Shadow Image will serve defense. Surprise Attack / Concealed, Incap and Merciless or an execute will be offense.

As to DKs, The Real Godzilla (YouTube) has started playing around with a high-uptime Corrosive Armor build on the PTS. That skill, as you know, puts a cap on incoming damage and gives 100% penetration on direct attacks...
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Janni
    Janni
    ✭✭✭✭
    Personally I've tried out a templar, a DK and a Warden on the PTS and they are all pretty good. As for werewolves, my pick will be an argonian DK with clever and zaan. Combine with triple-infused potion cooldown jewlery and immoveable pots and I basically can never be stunned and I have infinite sustain with pretty good damage. Rawr!
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not the class, it's the build that counts.
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nord DK, Bloodspawn, 3 potentates, 1 traine, pick 5 piece set of choice that also allows to get to you ultimate faster, corrosive armor. Proffit
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It‘ll be upsetting if class skills are nerfed in the future due to an extremely OP mythic item being introduced.

In PvP Magma Armor stands out a lot rn (particularly the Corrosive morph)....
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    It will be strong for NB gankers and bombers, possibly broken. The reason is that your buff choices are kind of limited on those specs. You need skills and sets that pre-buff you before the gank, which is for example why Clever Alchemist was adjusted in a previous patch to prohibit the set from activating outside of combat. A cloaked nightblade is frequently considered out of combat by the engine.

Oakensoul delivers what Alchemist does not: Permanent and unconditional damage buffs. Major Courage, Major Force, Major Berserk and Major Sorcery / Brutality. Courage and Berserk are the equivalent of two 5 piece bonuses. The usual argument that Courage is a placeholder for an Infused back bar enchant being activated and Berserk is some other buff you might get from your back bar, that does not apply. Ganking is based on surprise. You don't ever get to activate backbar enchants on a ganker. You might get Minor Berserk from Camou Hunter, which you won't slot with Oakensoul, but you're getting Major. That's also a win.

Furthemore Oakensoul improves your sustain to where you should be able to do without Siphoning Attacks / Leeching Strikes. It will lead to Incap / Soul Harvest chaining, as stated above. Nightblades can be viable without much defense. Cloak, a heal, and RAT or Shadow Image will serve defense. Surprise Attack / Concealed, Incap and Merciless or an execute will be offense.

As to DKs, The Real Godzilla (YouTube) has started playing around with a high-uptime Corrosive Armor build on the PTS. That skill, as you know, puts a cap on incoming damage and gives 100% penetration on direct attacks...

I think we are going to heavily see DK corrosive spam, NB soul harvest spam, and Sorc Attro/Meteor spam builds. Sorcs alone are going to be able to have pretty much permanent uptime on Attro if built right with this ring. But the Shooting Star spam is going to be wild (wild on most classes to be honest, but sorcs have that native ult cost reduction). Especially in heavily stacked situations, like keep fights. 12 ult return per enemy hit + major heroism. I imagine it will be very similar to the dead body glitched with murkmire, where you could just spam Shooting Star the entire fight of that one world boss.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

I think we are going to heavily see DK corrosive spam, NB soul harvest spam, and Sorc Attro/Meteor spam builds. Sorcs alone are going to be able to have pretty much permanent uptime on Attro if built right with this ring. But the Shooting Star spam is going to be wild (wild on most classes to be honest, but sorcs have that native ult cost reduction). Especially in heavily stacked situations, like keep fights. 12 ult return per enemy hit + major heroism. I imagine it will be very similar to the dead body glitched with murkmire, where you could just spam Shooting Star the entire fight of that one world boss.

*yawn* it's +3 ulti / 1.5s, we had 3 ulti / 1s before.
    In the span of 3 seconds, it is +66%.
    You would need 60% of previous ulti-gain interval to get the ultimate.
    Is it good? Yes.
    Is it "spam" level? Well depends on what do you consider spam alright, but I'd say no.

Even Pearls of Ehlnofey + Mend wounds for +10 ulti/s didn't give you ability to *spam* ulti fast enough to be in +50% extended time Magma Shell all the time. This doesn't even stand close to that.

https://youtu.be/ydCdnEPuBBw
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    divnyi wrote: »
    jaws343 wrote: »

*yawn* it's +3 ulti / 1.5s, we had 3 ulti / 1s before.
    In the span of 3 seconds, it is +66%.
    You would need 60% of previous ulti-gain interval to get the ultimate.
    Is it good? Yes.
    Is it "spam" level? Well depends on what do you consider spam alright, but I'd say no.

Even Pearls of Ehlnofey + Mend wounds for +10 ulti/s didn't give you ability to *spam* ulti fast enough to be in +50% extended time Magma Shell all the time. This doesn't even stand close to that.

https://youtu.be/ydCdnEPuBBw

I'd call 85+% of ultimate uptime spam. We are talking about sustained ultimates here, ones designed to have significant cooldowns before re-use, that can be used within 10 seconds of dropping off with this ring, while the build can focus the rest of their sets on other things, without losing any damage potential.