The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Mirri's rapport bug

Ildun
Ildun
✭✭✭✭
Finishing Numani-Rasi relics daily quest while riding won't increase Mirri's rapport.
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 @Ildun , those daily Ashlander quests in Vvardenfell used to give a good amount of rapport gain for Mirri, and they don't anymore since U33 came out. You don't get any rapport from them if dismounted either, it's not specific to being mounted, as far as I can tell.

Also, on two of my alts which don't yet have max rapport with Mirri, but HAVE (I'm fairly sure) completed the Library of Vivec (vvardenfell), visiting the library there does not give rapport either. Likewise, the museum collections in Senchal (Dragonhold/Southern Elseweyr), Riverhold (Northern Elsweyr) also don't work, nor does the Psijic Vault in Artaeum, nor Kari's Hit list collection in the Thieves den. (These all used to give +5 rapport for Mirri, once per day, 20+ hour cooldown each.)

The Orsinium museum (Wrothgar) does work (normal +5 rapport gain), as does visiting the Brass Fortress or entering a Daedric delve (+10). Something inconsistent here.

Solitude (Bard's College) museum doesn't work for rapport gain, but I don't think it ever did before U34 either. Mirri does at least SAY something there though. Likewise, the Murkmire Calendar doesn't do anything for Mirri's rapport, and never did in the past either. (She doesn't voice any interest in this location.)

Mirri still approves of you killing goblin scum and reading books (+1 rapport each, 5 min cooldown), and still disapproves of harvesting butterflies and torchbugs (-1 to rapport, seems like she used to care about other insects too before U34 tho?).

So basically two of the main ways of gaining rapport with Mirri are broken in the new update (Ashlander dailies and most museum repeat visits, although I don't know about first-time visits). I don't know yet if this is an issue with the companion coding or with Account-wide achievements...

/bug: 220422-005265

Update: Ashlander dailies do still give rapport gain, but it's very inconsistent. More testing needed to pin down why it doesn't work sometimes.
    Edited by Pyr0xyrecuprotite on April 24, 2022 10:28PM
  • Ildun
    Ildun
    ✭✭✭✭
    +1 @Ildun , those daily Ashlander quests in Vvardenfell used to give a good amount of rapport gain for Mirri, and they don't anymore since U33 came out. You don't get any rapport from them if dismounted either, it's not specific to being mounted, as far as I can tell.
    /bug: 220422-005265

But I saw rapport increase after I try dismounted and completed the quest.

Here is the prove I capture just now.
    wxln00pqxcm6.png

Edited by Ildun on April 23, 2022 10:49AM
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting. It looks like it's inconsistent, works sometimes for rapport gain) and sometimes not. I just had a rapport increase on my PC/EU character from one of these Ashlander dailies. I've had problems with it NOT working on my NA characters tho.

Note: whatever the problem is with the museums not giving rapport gains, it's not an account-wide achievements issue. I tested it on my PC/EU account (with only one character), and the same issue is occuring there as on PC/NA.
    Edited by Pyr0xyrecuprotite on April 23, 2022 8:41PM
  • Ildun
    Ildun
    ✭✭✭✭
    Note: whatever the problem is with the museums not giving rapport gains, it's not an account-wide achievements issue. I tested it on my PC/EU account (with only one character), and the same issue is occuring there as on PC/NA.

How do I "View a completed XXX"? Or how do I use this museum to increase rapport?
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @LoneStar2911 also reported issues with not gaining rapport for Mirri from the Ashlander daily, in this thread (March 21).
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As of Monday, April 25, the museum collections appear to be providing rapport normally again for Mirri. This was not mentioned in the patch notes for v7.3.8, so it was either a stealth bugfix, or maybe just the server reboot was enough to fix the issue, whatever it was. Tested on my stamblade on PC/NA by going to the Library of Vivec (Vvardenfell) and tapestry in Senchal (Southern Elsweyr).

Update: Misleading optimism; it turns out my Khajiit doesn't have any problems gaining rapport, but my NA Altmer Magblade does not get rapport from these locations, despite having completed the collections.
    Edited by Pyr0xyrecuprotite on May 23, 2022 5:48AM
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ildun, after further testing with two alts on PC/NA, I think you're right. When turning in the Ashlander daily, you have to dismount first to get a rapport gain for Mirri. Being mounted means that you don't get any rapport when completing the quest.

Update: one of my characters is bugged and doesn't normally get rapport even if dismounted. It sometimes works for her though if I also remove the Ring of the Wild Hunt. I don't know if that's the problem or if she just has a week-long cooldown instead of the normal 20 hours.
    Edited by Pyr0xyrecuprotite on May 23, 2022 5:46AM
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ildun wrote: »
    How do I "View a completed XXX"? Or how do I use this museum to increase rapport?

@Ildun
    I'm assuming you're asking about the rapport gains for visiting a completed museum collection. Mirri will normally gain rapport from each completed DLC zone museum that you visit, once per day (there's a cooldown); +75 rapport for the very first visit to each, and +5 per visit after that (per museum). Just go to to each museum location. The following normally count (unless your character is bugged like one of mine):
    • The House of Orsimer Glory in Orsinium (just enter the building)
    • The Library of Vivec in the Temple district of Vivec City (enter either door, sometimes you have to use the north or south entrance specifically)
    • Thieves' Den collection of stolen items (go close to the bookshelves at the back to trigger this)
    • The Vault of Mowaita in Arteum (Summerset DLC) (either top balcony or lower entrance works)
    • Bard's College in Solitude (Greymoor DLC)
    • Tapestry in Senchal Palace (Dragonhold DLC), just get near the room with the tapestry
    • Singing wall in Riverhold, Northern Elsweyr

Note: the Calendar in Murkmire doesn't count (Mirri is not interested); entering the Dark Brotherhood refuge will give Mirri NEGATIVE rapport, don't bother with that one; Blackwood, Markarth, and Fargrave don't have a museum collection that you can visit. There isn't any museum in the Clockwork City, but you normally get a +10 rapport gain for visiting it anyway (just step a bit away from the wayshine in the Brass Fortress normally).

If you have NOT completed the collection when you visit it with Mirri, she may give a comment about it looking incomplete. She will normally make an admiring comment if you visit when it's complete though.
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There still seems to be a bug with getting rapport for the Ashlander dailies. I only do the one from Numana Rasi which is supposed to give the rapport. The past six or seven times I’ve done it I’ve not received a rapport increase with Mirri. Mounted or dismounted didn’t make a difference. Maybe they’ll fix this bug in a few years?
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still bugged.