The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

large and xl homes,, idea

EozZoe1989
EozZoe1989
✭✭✭
building -- making own house with parts walls and roofs .. windows and more.. like large parts not all mini but some that fit togther like a jigsaw..
i think building parts houses .. and other only 2 floors wold be fine..
i think building would be nice building mazes and other--
walls .. like ikea lol..
but this be cool to think about.. different shapes styles and looks..
open layout to closed layout.. cloth brick and others ..
snow .. and other materials also..
i like dots lol
meow to all and hope you lilke this idea.. was thinking of building today..
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on May 22, 2022 11:23PM
  • EozZoe1989
    EozZoe1989
    ✭✭✭
    land with nothing on it kinda thing..
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ya mean like the coldharbour sureal estate or the moon sugar medow or the deadlands pltue houses and then building one using wall parts which while not perfect are already avaiable?
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's already a thing people do. They have a few houses that are just plots of land, though they're not always available and you can't buy them for gold for some godawful reason (that reason being money). I'm currently building my own house in the Psijic mansion that I got for free back when Summerset came out. Placing it out in the water since the mansion is too much of a hassle to decorate. Haven't worked on it in a while though, mostly because all my housing stuff is spread among like 4 houses and 7 different characters. They really need to make a way to consolidate all our housing items, like a housing item bag. Really hard to want to decorate houses when all my stuff is spread throughout 6 different timezones.
    Edited by merpins on May 22, 2022 2:23AM
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have various structural furniture from daily quests starting with Greymoor, and also ones you can get from regular furnishing plans starting with Elsweyr.

The Cold harbor Surreal Estate (on sale rn), Moon Sugar Meadow, Hunter's Glade and Stillwater Retreat are all designed to give you a wide open space to build yourself. The event from last year gave us the Doomchar Plateau which is also good for it. I built this place in mine.

d96o4axlhfun.jpg
    Edited by spartaxoxo on May 22, 2022 6:02AM
  • deleted220614-000183
    Well, people were asking for the possibility to have the whole town/village as a building area and I was hoping that new chapter could introduce it.

Not the case.
    As long as you are stucked with 350/700 furnishing limits you are doomed to fail to build custom house with minimal aesthetics standards.

You can build for example a single tower in Doomchair, I have done it, it has 4 levels and roof and staircase all aound and everything is acessible but it eats majority of slots and what's the point to have your own building and then one free slot left to put a chair in it and the whole rest of the map empty?

So maybe it is time for ZOS to fix their crappy backend and start selling little towns/ villages with citizens, services and 2000/4000 slots. If they are unable to do so, we are stucked with buildings we already have and nothing better could be done for mini custom builds
    Edited by deleted220614-000183 on May 22, 2022 9:19AM
  • deleted220614-000183
    some screenshots:
    full custom build in Coldharbor, 3 levels building + pyramid - 700 slots - fully decorated

pbyxmqcl4zmo.png
    15lz0aldygt1.png

semi custom towers in Doomchar - 350 slots/mostly unfurnished

kruocwegdcd4.png
    poonapyxu8xx.png

• Ilumia
    Ilumia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love the large building.part furnishings, and wish they'd add from summerset and all the zones that that came before they made those types of furniture.
    I would also like buildings that are placable in my homes, so I can make a little village or something :)
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Housing section, as it is better suited there.

Thanks
    Staff Post
  • SainguinKrist
    SainguinKrist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can already do this.

There are multiple "open air" houses in ESO.

And there are tons of walls, floors, etc building parts.

I have characters that have classes.

I'm not sure what their names are.

Leader of Casual Filth, a proudly LGBT+ led and friendly social guild.