The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Temporary Network Problem

TheWoanderer
TheWoanderer
✭✭✭
My performance has been terrible the past week or two. Multiple disconnects, bar swapping lag and skills not firing. Zone loading times sometimes taking over 2 minutes. Item selection lag whilst looting, target location issues whilst standing directly in front of the target.

An error code I've been receiving constantly is error 302 which according to you means the server is temporarily offline.

Now I'm sat here after yet again rebooting my router, clear my alternative Mac address for the 3rd time and I have a grey box stating there is a temporary network problem.... Try again or use offline.

What on earth is going on because this is just wrong now.
Please can someone fix this problem as I'm at my wit's end and ready to break.
  • TheWoanderer
    TheWoanderer
    ✭✭✭
    Xbox EU
  • TheWoanderer
    TheWoanderer
    ✭✭✭
    Also getting constant disconnects saying Unable to connect to game server. Please make sure you have a valid internet connection....

Umm I'm posting this... So yeah... I certainly have a valid internet connection.
  • TheWoanderer
    TheWoanderer
    ✭✭✭
    Today
    1st toon. Finished alchemy writ accidently selected a skill, nothing happened... Ran off to the clothier box to start handing in writs and the skill fired. - Vivec.
    2nd toon. Trying to hand in writs bit nothing is happening 10 seconds later suddenly have accepted the writ boxes.
    3rd toon. No Issues
    4th toon. No Issues
    5th toon. Character select long loading time booted with message saying You need to have a valid internet connection.
    Reselected.... And as I type this I am now counting my seventh appearance of the 'This may be an unusually long load time

So I am going to have to do a router reset, a clear Mac address and log back in... By the time I've finished my writs I will he too drained for any content.

Fed up.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • TheWoanderer
    TheWoanderer
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Bill

Thank you for the response.
    I do all of those suggestions whenever there are problems that tend to persist.
    The only thing I can't do is set ports....

Please do know that I tend to come to the forums and type out a message and then leave without posting it more than a few times before I finally break and end up posting... So if I do... The problem has already been going on for a few days.
    I often just try to push through in the hope it's a temporary problem that may correct itself with a bit of patience and a few actions like a router reset and alternative Mac address reset... If not then a check on services and Xbox tests and ISP line tests....

The test results have been fine on this occasion leaving me kinda exasperated sadly.

I have maybe 5 to 7 good days and then boom.... 5 to 7 terrible days and it is near impossible to work out why when ESO, XBOX and my ISP are saying there are no problems.

Anyway....
    It's corrected itself

Wait... No it hasn't....

Today I have had to reset Mac address 4 times
    Selecting items on some characters will not count for 10 seconds (that's a count of 2001, 2002, 2003 etc)
    I have been stuck in a crafting station unable to get out for a second time having to use my Xbox home button to get out.
    I have been booted 4 times now.
    Error - your previous action has not completed please wait for it to resolve
    Endless log in screens

Broadband provider is stating good service
    Xbox states no problems
    ESO states no problems....

So who is lying here.

Please understand that right now I am regretting paying for a years ESO+

This is beyond horrendous

As it stands, as I type this I can't get in... The load screen won't go away.

• TheWoanderer
    TheWoanderer
    ✭✭✭
    Aaaarrghhhh

Again

Booted again.....

Come on now man.... WTH

Loading Profile Error

Please for the love of God....
  • TheWoanderer
    TheWoanderer
    ✭✭✭
    You r previous action has not fully resolved, try again in a minute... And booted again....
  • TheWoanderer
    TheWoanderer
    ✭✭✭
    And booted again.
  • TheWoanderer
    TheWoanderer
    ✭✭✭
    Today ... In the 3 to 4 hours I've played.
    I've been booted 6 times...
    Reset Alt Mac address and restarted router twice...
    Had 3 instances where i have had to return to Xbox dashboard because of endless loading screens
    Had 2 instances where selections had a delay resulting in tedious runs
    Skills not firing which for me as a nightblade are crucial.

My ticket number 220513-001433 is from Friday 13th and that was after 3 days of issues so technically the 10th....
    Today is the 22.....

12 days of chronic problems

Please forgive my utter frustration but I don't know what to do.

As I've said no one is admitting the problem is theirs so I am at my wit's end.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @TheWoanderer

Please check your forum inbox for an update on your current ticket.
    Staff Post
  • TheWoanderer
    TheWoanderer
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Bill

Thank you so much.
    I have responded to the email.
    I genuinely appreciate your response, your time and understanding.

Stay Strong
    W'o'a
  • TheWoanderer
    TheWoanderer
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Bill

Sadly I fail to see what that did. I have been given the exact same suggestions as you provided me (twice) and not been given even a vaguely sufficient explanation as to why it is happening so that I may better understand the issue...
    Which would better arm me for dealing with my ISP
    (As this is all I have left that I can do)

Dealing with my ISP challengingly means I have to deal with representatives in another country and sadly something as (complex to me) as this is, generally results in a rather frustrating experience, for both parties I'm sure. (Not their fault, nor mine)
    Unless I actually get someone with a deeper understanding than I.... which of course there is always a small percentage of a chance, rather than each person you are put through to, doing what seems to be happening here, reading off a sheet or present a link to said sheet once you have repeated the issue for the umpteenth time.

Right now, the decision to walk away from ESO and request my money back for the next DLC is becoming increasingly more than likely.

I dislike being fobbed off and appreciate it when someone is straight with me, treating me like the 49 year old I am.

"Hey, we are genuinely sorry you are experiencing this problem. This is what seems to be happening, so in order to ensure you have a better experience we would highly recommend you follow so and so process as the fault can only be corrected via your ISP.

This is unfortunately as much advice as we are able to give and really hope your issue is resolved soon.

Here is a link to some information that could help your ISP deal with this concern efficiently."

Anyway
    I digress.
    And a bit drained now. Playing ESO has been nothing short of a labour of love since Elsweyr dropped sadly.

'The formulation of words is incredibly effective in communication if constructed with genuine intention.'

Edited by TheWoanderer on May 28, 2022 7:39PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @TheWoanderer

Our support team has reached out again on ticket 220513-001433 and is awaiting your response back.
    Staff Post