The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Pay a fee and swap our Merchants/Bankers for different one would be nice

Blinx
Blinx
✭✭✭✭✭
I have fez, and as much as I love cats, he disappears in tall grass, and other places, I wish I could swap him for the HUman, and just pay a fee, I know this prob will never happen, but I can dream, and I'm sure I'm not the only person who wishes they could swap out their assistant
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it would likely never happen, given how they keep releasing more assistants, so it wouldn't be profitable if people could swap them. But, since they all offer the same functionality, it would be nice if they offered a small discount to people who already have a given merchant/banker if they want to buy one of the other ones.
  • Blinx
    Blinx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it wouldn't be a free swap, they would still make some money, but like I said dream, no way I would want to end up with 2 merchants even if the second was discounted as their so called discounts latley leave alot to be desired, but I'd gladly pay a 1000 crown fee to swap him
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS: Hmm, great idea! Now on sale in the crown store. Appearance swap token for banker or merchant, 5500 crowns each! If you don't like it, don't buy it.
  • Blinx
    Blinx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS: Hmm, great idea! Now on sale in the crown store. Appearance swap token for banker or merchant, 5500 crowns each! If you don't like it, don't buy it.

you being funny, but something exactly like this, swap appearance using a drop down menu to the assistant you want and pay the 10 dollars/consume the token (it could be a one time thing per account, under special offers)
    Edited by Blinx on January 6, 2022 8:49PM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think i have seen it mentioned on the forums before, but a good idea to deal with these may be go give a discount if you already have at least 1 banker and 1 merchant

i dont know what a fair (for us or zos) discount would be, but that might entice people to get more options even if they have the same functionality
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think i have seen it mentioned on the forums before, but a good idea to deal with these may be go give a discount if you already have at least 1 banker and 1 merchant

i dont know what a fair (for us or zos) discount would be, but that might entice people to get more options even if they have the same functionality

That's a great player friendly way to do it. I'd make it cumulative. Your first banker is 5000 crowns, the second is 4000, the third is 3000 and once you have 5 different bankers, you just get the new ones for free (you deserve it at that point after spending 15k crowns on them)
  • Blinx
    Blinx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you guys must have lots of money to burn, one assistant cost 40ish USA dollars, I in no way want to buy more of the same, hence the fee part of my post.
    I think a discount if you have more than one, would be an entirely different topic than mine
  • bradleymsimmons
    bradleymsimmons
    ✭✭✭
    I was actually thinking, it would be nice to SELL crown items back to the store for crowns. Maybe at half price? I bought other merchants and bankers, the only options they had at the time. I don't love them. Now they have new ones I'd much rather have for sure.
  • This_0ne
    This_0ne
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS make new skins of helpers, peoples buy it. It's just works its just works!
    Edited by This_0ne on January 10, 2022 1:02PM
  • Jusey1
    Jusey1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blinx wrote: »
    you guys must have lots of money to burn, one assistant cost 40ish USA dollars, I in no way want to buy more of the same, hence the fee part of my post.
    I think a discount if you have more than one, would be an entirely different topic than mine

You see, here's the trick. I technically spent probably 10 dollars on my banker and merchant because I bought the crowns when crowns were on sale for 50% off and then waited for the banker/merchant to be on sale as well to get them at a much lower crown price. (I don't know if they do sales anymore for bankers and merchants though).
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am surprised they do not sell the new bankers as skins for something like half price. I would consider half price for a skin but not full price again. I have no need for two bankers or two merchants.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jusey1 wrote: »
    Blinx wrote: »

You see, here's the trick. I technically spent probably 10 dollars on my banker and merchant because I bought the crowns when crowns were on sale for 50% off and then waited for the banker/merchant to be on sale as well to get them at a much lower crown price. (I don't know if they do sales anymore for bankers and merchants though).

they do sales for them occasionally, but the discounts are not great usually only about 15% off (usually brings the cost from 5000 crowns to 3500 crowns)

if you bought both of them on sale, thats probably about 3000 crowns in savings

if i feel like stocking up on crowns i usually do them during sales too (i just get 1 large bundle, since it goes from $150 to $100 for 21000 crowns, which lasts awhile unless they release a house or something else i actually like lol)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • bradleymsimmons
    bradleymsimmons
    ✭✭✭
    They REALLY need to do something about this. Sitting on hundreds of dollars worth of items you have no intention of using anymore seems a bit harsh, with no way to convert them back into usable items again. It feels like the makers are saying, "Too bad guys you're [snip] outta luck." Also, the housing cap. Come on already! All these new items added but never a rise in the cap!? Seems unfair [snip]. I'm constantly cannibalizing my house to make room for other items. I hate it and shouldn't have to do that. Not all new releases need to be 100% new content. Improvements to outdated and broken systems are also welcomed.

[edited for profanity bypass & mild bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on May 22, 2022 5:30PM
  • Rikkadir
    Rikkadir
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not racist on colour, but I'd love to be to swap Nuzhimeh assistant for the Factotum Commerce Delegate.
    We should be able to sell crown items back to the crown store for a small fee, as you can in other games, 'Fallout 76' for example.

Please!
    PS4/PS5/EU