The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Please give us plantable garden areas for our homes.

maxxy55b14_ESO
I do not want a humongous house myself, but a more homey one, one that I could plant vegetables and maybe a fruit tree? Is this possible?
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yes, many would like that. And I wish that I could also plant a forest on my land and harvest heartwood from these trees.
  • toovy
    toovy
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Maxxy,

in the meantime you can help yourself with the following options:

Combine a

- Elsweyr Sarcophagus, Ancient

with two

- Dark Elf Carpet, Patterned

which plays as the earth in the sarcophagus.
    As plant pot you can use

- Cauldron of Soup
    - Noble Standing Cauldron

Hope that helps
  • Demalb16_ESO
    Demalb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Something like that would destroy the economy of the game. I think you could be able to have non marketable things growing like apples or plants that are just for show. We have windows that doesn't fit the walls, I think focusing on the basics is better.
  • cmetzger93
    cmetzger93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been asking for that very thing on the forums for years
  • M0ntie
    M0ntie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love this. Making and maintaining a garden was one of my favourite things in Skyrim.
    The economy needs more supply to reduce prices which are way out of control.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If it were added to the game it would very likely produce a very limited yield with a daily lockout to get more. It would not be good for the game to disrupt the economy by making large numbers of materials easy to get.

I say this since Zenimax has set up a system where we can harvest as much as we want throughout pretty much any zone. This allows players to determine what price they are willing to pay vs doing the work themselves to harvest the materials.
  • maxxy55b14_ESO
    That would be fine, or make the harvest a type of vegetables not in the game yet. I don’t want anything that would cause a imbalance.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would be happy with a garden that is just decorative.

It would be nice to have both edible produce and alchemy flowers to place in it. All my characters are crafters so of course they would have the plants for their needs.

I really want those mushroom barrels that are in the game, too. I see those everywhere and it just drives me nuts that I can’t have them in my houses.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• RBAP28
    RBAP28
    ✭✭✭
    This would be great for alchemy and provisioning, with a limit on how many can be planted. Make it a mini game that doesn't make it 100% guarantee on the material harvested. Maybe even a time limit on how fast things grow, the better the material the longer time it takes.
  • rauyran
    rauyran
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hardly think growing provisioning materials like apples and potatoes is going to crash the economy
  • maxxy55b14_ESO
    M0ntie wrote: »
    I would love this. Making and maintaining a garden was one of my favourite things in Skyrim.

I didn’t know they had this in Skyrim,I wish I had of played it! I would of loved that aspect of any game.
  • gusthermopyle
    gusthermopyle
    ✭✭
    M0ntie wrote: »

Not a popular opinion, but I agree.

Furnishing mats take effort to harvest, yes. We could all do it, but of course we don't because we're too busy in our houses moving rocks and walls by 1mm over and over again :)

Of course any steps to increase the availability of furnishing mats would affect the market value, but maybe not by as much as the traders think, and it might just encourage them to think of more creative ways of making gold, so might even kick start an invigorated economy rather than the status quo - which does appear (on PCEU anyway) to be weighted towards housing mats being a gold mine for those who sell them while simultaneously being a hard grind for the house building community. And we bring so much joy to so many :)
  • agelonestar
    agelonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Housing in ESO is great, and it’s an incredibly popular part of the game. However, housing is not interactive enough.

A great way of making housing more interactive is to allow - with some appropriate limits - the planting of alchemical or provisioning plants.

These should function in entirely the same way as they do outside homes. You’d never get rich from them, but having interactive plants around your home would make such a difference.
    GM of Sunfire's Sect trading guild on PC/EU. All that is gold does not glitter; not all those who wander are lost...... some of us are just looking for trouble.
    GM of Sunfire's Sect (Open) & Dark Star Rising (Priv) | Retired GM of several trade guilds | Trader | Here since the beta
  • Vuskuldein
    Vuskuldein
    ✭✭
    Make it along the lines of the hirelings - just a few resources, surely viable.