The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Suggestion] Ability to visit random player house from its front door

OnnuK
OnnuK
✭✭✭
I would like to visit a random player house from its entrance. For example you are browsing around Alinor Docks, enjoying the scene and you saw the entrance to the "ship house CAG".When you enter you can either teleport to buy showcase house or a random players house. I may be fun and give life to the housing system.
I know there is addon or you can go to your guild members/friend list houses but this is totally random.
The visit criteria can be based on non-empty, acitve player, etc...
my 2c...
PC/EU @onnuk, Guild: ANADOLU "|H1:guild:29269|hAnadolu|h"
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not unless there is a way for the player to block random visits if they do not want others in their homes.
    PCNA
  • Starbridge84
    Starbridge84
    ✭✭✭
    Not unless there is a way for the player to block random visits if they do not want others in their homes.

Which there already is.

Perms and bans lists.
    If you want to see what all the craftable lights look like in ESO, use this command on PC NA.
    /script JumpToSpecificHouse("@Starbridge84", 71)

• SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Which there already is.

Perms and bans lists.

Players who don't know about this won't know to put restrictions. Very few players read the forums.
    PCNA
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Which there already is.

Perms and bans lists.

Players who don't know about this won't know to put restrictions. Very few players read the forums.

Just have it set private by default and it has to manually be allowed. I think it's a great idea as long as players are happy to have people visit but can make home private if not.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally don't mind because all my houses are listed as open houses on the EHT Community. But not everyone is into that and I'm sure there are some who may not like it. They need to be informed about such a change and have an easy way to decline.
    PCNA
  • everseeing_njpreub18_ESO
    To be honest, but trying to be kind, going through random guildy houses and visiting many of the open houses on the essential tools MOD, IMO (OPINION) so many houses are empty, half finished or with no attempt at anything but a storehouse.

If there was a way for players who wanted to allow their houses to be randomly viewed, then sure by all means, but most definitely not random among ALL of them. I'd hate to spend 10 login screens waiting to finally get to a house that has more than a stack of 700 rocks or something piled in it.

Like the essential housing mod, let people list the finished ones as an Open House and then let us visit them, for sure, i love stealing looking for ideas from other peoples homes.