The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for "Community Spotlight – ESO-Hub’s Build Editor"

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
hjiprfa2ihe4.jpg

Official Discussion Thread for Article, "Community Spotlight – ESO-Hub’s Build Editor"

"Content creators @Woeler and @Alcast join us to discuss ESO-Hub’s latest project, the ESO Build Editor, that allows anyone to create character builds and share them with the community."
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on May 31, 2022 2:22PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was messing around with the build editor the other day, but could not find a particular feature I'd need to consistently use it. Is there any way to show your character stats once you've input the build?
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • PapaJester
    PapaJester
    ✭✭✭
    Is it basically the same as the Build Editor that UESP has?
  • Icyfire369
    Icyfire369
    ✭✭✭
    PapaJester wrote: »

Not really.

The UESP Build Editor has way more depth and detail to really fine tune and prep your builds.

The ESO HUB / Alcast Build Editor has a nice presentation but nowhere close to the detail. Granted this is relatively new so I'd be interested to see where this goes long term. If they manage to equal what the UESP Build Editor has and more then I can see myself making the switch. Otherwise, it'd be a really tough sell for those that have been using the tool for over two years (like me).
  • Scallan
    Scallan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Icyfire369 wrote: »
    PapaJester wrote: »

Not really.

The UESP Build Editor has way more depth and detail to really fine tune and prep your builds.

The ESO HUB / Alcast Build Editor has a nice presentation but nowhere close to the detail. Granted this is relatively new so I'd be interested to see where this goes long term. If they manage to equal what the UESP Build Editor has and more then I can see myself making the switch. Otherwise, it'd be a really tough sell for those that have been using the tool for over two years (like me).

This is exactly how I feel also. As of right now this build editor does nothing for me and probably won't until it meets feature parity with UESP's editor.