The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

delays in logon and transferring zones

wkmac
wkmac
✭✭
why doesn't the logon queue work? is always says one sec and usually doesn't ever connect (ok...I wait about 15 min then quit queue and try again)

Also--I tried to transfer to Deshaan. I got stuck on the zone screen and never arrived.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on May 19, 2022 5:14PM
  • c363b
    c363b
    ✭✭✭
    Several times last night when I traveled from a wayshrine, the loading screen was endless. I had to Alt-Tab to the desktop, close the ESO window, and restart the game.

When the game loading screen shows a queue countdown and stays on 1 sec. more than about 20 sec., I leave the queue and login again. This usually logs me in almost immediately.
  • mfstevens
    mfstevens
    Also seeing really long zone load screens, but only occasionally. Usually seems to work fine, but then every now and then just gets stuck. Got to close out the game from windows and try again, then it works ok. And windows task manager reports GPU usage (nvidia RTX 3070) over 95% - while on a load screen, which seems odd.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mfstevens wrote: »
    Also seeing really long zone load screens, but only occasionally. Usually seems to work fine, but then every now and then just gets stuck. Got to close out the game from windows and try again, then it works ok. And windows task manager reports GPU usage (nvidia RTX 3070) over 95% - while on a load screen, which seems odd.

the high load on graphics may be due to uncapped FPS during load, some people report huge cpu/gpu spikes during load because the FPS is not capped

would suggest using graphics software that can force a FPS limit (usually the radeon or nvidia software has some kind of setting for this)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    For zone loading issues, we recommend the troubleshooting found in the link below.

What do I do if I my ESO character can't load into a zone?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post