The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Lake Fishing Broken in Eastmarch? (XB EU)

robwolf666
robwolf666
✭✭✭✭✭
Pretty sure I've fished in every Lake fishing hole, using the correct bait, thrice over and haven't caught a single rare (green/blue) fish.
Kind of annoying since I'm trying to get Master Angler. Wasting bait also, I might add...
Edited by ZOS_Bill on May 30, 2022 10:53PM
  • KalevaLaine
    KalevaLaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hm, I did fishing there two days ago, but on PC. Everything was fine.

You tried the 2 fishing CPs (green) and the fishing Buff Food yet? Lame question, I know, but only to get sure you get the maximal chances. ;)
    Edited by KalevaLaine on May 17, 2022 10:12AM
    i TurNeD inTo A mARtian 👽 // PC EU seit 2020 (3302CP) // PS EU von 2015-2020 (1250CP)
  • proprio.meb16_ESO
    proprio.meb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its just usual rng distribution, dont worry... when it wasnt a lucky day i used to change zone or dedicate myself to something else, and returned there again the day after. It does not change a thing but you avoid to frustrate yourself too much on the same places.

Ofc be sure to have ag least the two green cp slotted as @KalevaLaine just wrote or it will be double pain
    Edited by proprio.meb16_ESO on May 17, 2022 3:48PM
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Welcome to RNG
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You tried the 2 fishing CPs (green) and the fishing Buff Food yet? Lame question, I know, but only to get sure you get the maximal chances. ;)

I've got the CPs for fishing yes, but fishing buff food? Do you mean the two types of bait, or is there a buff I can use for my character? If the latter, what is it? (I've definitely used the two types of bait)
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    robwolf666 wrote: »

I've got the CPs for fishing yes, but fishing buff food? Do you mean the two types of bait, or is there a buff I can use for my character? If the latter, what is it? (I've definitely used the two types of bait)

Arteum pickled fish bowl

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Artaeum_Pickled_Fish_Bowl
    Soupy twist
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fizl101 wrote: »
    robwolf666 wrote: »

Arteum pickled fish bowl

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Artaeum_Pickled_Fish_Bowl

Hmm, I don't think I've got that yet, but I can't get on to check yet. Thanks though.
  • proprio.meb16_ESO
    proprio.meb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its not mandatory, it just speed things up a little more. If you find it on sale cheap or can easily craft it (clam gall ingredient is the annoying one) its worth a shot.

Ive got my master angler and all other fishing achievements without the food... the most important thing are the two green tree perks.
    Edited by proprio.meb16_ESO on May 18, 2022 12:29PM
  • Inaya
    Inaya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got my Master Angler using the food and no perks. There is always one fish in every zone that makes you want to scream!!

You can also get a couple friends or guildies to come fish with you. Addional players fishing the hole increases your chances!
  • proprio.meb16_ESO
    proprio.meb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, definitely!
    There are times that everything goes wonderfully smooth (you finish a zone in one single playthrough) and others you'd throw your pc away from frustration.
    I think the worst experience is when a serie start popping out (rng work this way - catches oftenly come a little grouped) and you start getting a bunch of useless duplicate blues.

Fishing in company is always a good idea, if you see someone on a hole dont be shy and go fish together, and if you have friends working towards fishing achievs its even better!
  • KalevaLaine
    KalevaLaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm almost finished with the Meisterangler, did it on PS, now on PC... ^^

But this time witl all DLCs, in general there are only 8 zones to fi(ni)sh and I did the whole game. Jesus.

With the 2 perks and the food, I noticed it is about 90-120 Minutes per zone, or about 200 white fishs. Back in my console days I needed 1 or 2 days for a zone. It is heavenly speeded up! <3
    Edited by KalevaLaine on May 19, 2022 6:05AM
    i TurNeD inTo A mARtian 👽 // PC EU seit 2020 (3302CP) // PS EU von 2015-2020 (1250CP)
  • proprio.meb16_ESO
    proprio.meb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still hope someday zos will introduce the grandmaster angler (master + dlcs)... base+cyro is not that big deal in the end, it should require a month or two if one fishes in between other activities (i.e. taking it easy, as any real fisherman would do).
    Edited by proprio.meb16_ESO on May 19, 2022 6:55AM
  • KalevaLaine
    KalevaLaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still hope someday zos will introduce the grandmaster angler (master + dlcs)... base+cyro is not that big deal in the end, it should require a month or two if one fishes in between other activities (i.e. taking it easy, as any real fisherman would do).

Totally agree! Just told that to my wife yesterday that we need a "better" fishing achievement. :)
  • proprio.meb16_ESO
    proprio.meb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely! :)

And since with AwA zos took away the chance of getting fishing achievements on multiple toons, some more fishing related achievs would be nice...

Since i already got everything i possibly could, ive now paused fishing.
    On june will do new chapter holes (after chapter storyline ofc) and then probably pause again... its always nice to get roe or pyandonean bottles, but at the moment im lacking a real reason to get my hook in the water.
    Edited by proprio.meb16_ESO on May 19, 2022 8:35AM