The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Magplar and war maiden

Baconlad
Baconlad
✭✭✭✭✭
Ight so...I just rebuilt my magplar for small scale, solo pvp. It's awesome. But I found out that war maiden doesn't buff purifying light? Tooltip says spell damage buffs it. Maybe the burst isn't magic damage, but just some random type if damage? I don't know.

So looking for alternatives to war maiden. I freaking HATE clever alch. So no clever, hell I'd take a damage procset before that.

Running full heavy hearland conqueror, 6k spell damage with WM, 31.5k resist, 1800 mag recovery, 30k health and magick. Sustain is perfect, my damage is good, heals are...holy crap awesome. But I now hate war maiden! So help me out

• BazOfWar
    BazOfWar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have seen quite a few magplars wearing innate axiom crafted set, have you considered this?
  • Vizir
    Vizir
    ✭✭✭
    Stuhn's front bar if using toppling charge, Maelstrom resto BB with radiating regen.
  • FirmamentOfStars
    FirmamentOfStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BazOfWar wrote: »
    I have seen quite a few magplars wearing innate axiom crafted set, have you considered this?

You sure you do not mean mechanical acuity? That is a pretty popular choice right now.
    Otherwise deadly strikes could be some good addition depending on skill layout.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to revert the weird changes to morphs that happened as a result of Stam vs Mag balancing.

All Physical Damage Templar Skills need to be swapped back to Magic, the way they originally were.
    Edited by Vaoh on May 11, 2022 6:10PM
  • rymere83
    rymere83
    Baconlad wrote: »
    Ight so...I just rebuilt my magplar for small scale, solo pvp. It's awesome. But I found out that war maiden doesn't buff purifying light? Tooltip says spell damage buffs it. Maybe the burst isn't magic damage, but just some random type if damage? I don't know.

So looking for alternatives to war maiden. I freaking HATE clever alch. So no clever, hell I'd take a damage procset before that.

Running full heavy hearland conqueror, 6k spell damage with WM, 31.5k resist, 1800 mag recovery, 30k health and magick. Sustain is perfect, my damage is good, heals are...holy crap awesome. But I now hate war maiden! So help me out

How are your stats so high?
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I believe it's due to the weird interaction between the set and the fact that Purifying Light does a set amount of damage after a duration. Due to the fact that this damage increase is additive and doesn't effect your stats in a normal way, it doesn't stack.

It's a weird interaction to be sure, and I can only imagine it's a little known oversight by the devs that only pve templar mains would notice, god knows we're the only class that almost exclusively uses magic damage. But I still like the set. 600 isn't something to scoff at, especially if you're stacking a bunch of magicka damage skills in addition to the one skill that it doesn't work on.

Deadly Strike is the better choice. Some people like using both deadly strike and war maidens, but the dps in that instance usually won't be higher than 100k at the top of what you can pull off with that set-up. War Maidens isn't a meta set really. It's a good templar set, but there are better sets you can use, though I personally like WM.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I believe it's due to the weird interaction between the set and the fact that Purifying Light does a set amount of damage after a duration. Due to the fact that this damage increase is additive and doesn't effect your stats in a normal way, it doesn't stack.
    It's probably related to that. More likely because your other skills that are adding to the PL damage stack are being buffed by War Maiden, having the PL proc also be buffed by War maiden would be double dipping.

• PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • chris25602
    chris25602
    ✭✭✭
    as a mag sorc I can say even thinking about buffs applying to procs is crayz. Does this actually happen anywhere?