The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZOS can you help me, reference number included

ncallstar88
ncallstar88
✭✭
Hello, ZOS if you are reading this, my account @ncallstar88 was banned today. i included the email I recieved just now after getting off work. LET ME BE CLEAR! I do NOT sell gold, this is a second account I made so I can do another 18 toons worth of writs. (I made it during jubilee event) This is very unnerving because I did NOT sell gold and now I can't play the game I paid like $60 and $15 for eso PLUS. Please help me resolve this, only bot responses are sent to me through email. The only thing I can think of why they would accuse me of this is because i send a lot of gold between my main account and this account so I can level 18 toons faster. Please reply so we can clear this up! Thank you

Question Subject: Elder Scrolls Online - Account Ban

Question Reference # 220505-005140

Date Created: 05/05/2022 09:50 PM
Date Last Updated: 05/05/2022 09:50 PM

Message Log:
The Elder Scrolls Online Team response on 05/05/2022 09:50 PM
Greetings,

We regret to inform you this account has been permanently deactivated as a result of violating the Terms of Service and Code of Conduct. We cannot allow gold selling activity, as it is in direct violation of the following sections of our Terms of Service:

5.1 Users are forbidden from using any unapproved third party applications, programs, scripts or any other game modifying mechanic used to change the game play experience on a ZeniMax Game, Service, forum, or other games or services provided by ZeniMax, including the distribution of said programs via ZeniMax services, sites, forums, communities, etc. This would include but is not limited to using or distributing speed hacks, aim bots, mouse controllers, spam bots, automated game play devices, etc. Third party applications are defined as any program, application or script written by an individual, company, corporation, or private party not employed by or contracted to perform services by ZeniMax.

5.2 Users will not exploit any bug, or abuse any game system (such as the scoring or award systems) in a ZeniMax Game, Service, forum, or other games or services provided by ZeniMax. Users will not intentionally use or share any bug found within any ZeniMax Game, real or fictitious, regardless of whether or not it grants an unfair advantage. You will not directly or indirectly communicate the existence of any such bug to any other user of the ZeniMax Service (in game or on a ZeniMax service). Report bugs and exploits using the in-game portal or via http://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/home.

Please take a few moments to review the Terms of Service and Code of Conduct, which must be acknowledged to participate in The Elder Scrolls Online service.

Terms of Service - https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/terms-of-service
Code of Conduct - https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/code-of-conduct

Regards,

The Elder Scrolls Online Team

Edited by ZOS_Bill on May 18, 2022 7:53PM
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You havey sincerest condolences,

Ban appeal of in game takes long time, and some ingenious effects to get it fixed.

Know that email responses can be automated. Know that they aren't going to believe you right away. Remember try and try

Know that you need to convince us better you are innocent to fight for you as the audience. See reference to trade guild fasico

Know that if you don't get banned because of this thread then moderation might be improving. If so please give case number to your pick at community manger in a message

If you are innocent bring case to ban appeal. Ask for updates on Twitter.

If you can anyway be guilty just stop it now

Edit:

Unless other sources have failed you this wasn't the right first step. Please fill out an appeal forum wait a little, bit then ask for help with case number
    Edited by FeedbackOnly on May 6, 2022 2:30AM
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also for your case I know a lot of trade guild members with 5 accounts.

What you likely did is got flagged moving too much gold. Just sell them on one account.

The lazy writ creator I know has a second account to sell too. There s direct posting saying we are allowed more then one account from zos

You are guilty though if you sold gold for cash and got caught laundering directly.

Assuming you are innocent. It would lay out your case.

What did you do last in game? How much gold did you move between accounts? Did you mail the gold?

Know the support is very likely to take awhile. Remember the game is still fun. Remember they have a lot guilty people claiming to be innocent so lay out case in nice fashion
  • ncallstar88
    ncallstar88
    ✭✭
    I definitely was NOT selling gold, this is ridiculous! It's an alt account used mainly for trading/writs. A lot of gold and mats gets sent between both of MY accounts. Same debit card on both accounts because they are both MINE! Why was there no investigation before a perma ban! @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Bill @ZOS_Adrikoth @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_ConnorG can you shed some light??
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I definitely was NOT selling gold, this is ridiculous! It's an alt account used mainly for trading/writs. A lot of gold and mats gets sent between both of MY accounts. Same debit card on both accounts because they are both MINE! Why was there no investigation before a perma ban! @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Bill @ZOS_Adrikoth @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_ConnorG can you shed some light??

Because the machines are horrible and imperfect as humans

Now breath,

Your first step is here

https://help.bethesda.net/#en/home/product/1/category1/860

Gaming works on machines can dubbed guilty by accident. It's your job now to say I am innocent.

This isn't a fair system, but realize that this how it works here. You can rightfully walk away from game or fight for your character's return

Edited by FeedbackOnly on May 6, 2022 2:40AM
  • ncallstar88
    ncallstar88
    ✭✭
    Ok thanks here is my ticket number-

Your ticket # is: 220505-005675
  • Psiion
    Psiion
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ncallstar88 I have reached out to you via DM regarding your ticket.
    Staff Post
  • ncallstar88
    ncallstar88
    ✭✭
    Thank you.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am happy your case is being seen. Remember to be polite though.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't want to comment on the alleged action, or the ban itself, but that email that was provided did raise an eyebrow.

They cannot allow gold selling, then there is a quote from the ToS that, as I see it, isn't about gold selling.

I would think that this is the proper part of the ToS...

"You agree that You have no ownership right or title in or to any such Downloadable Content, including, but not limited to, the virtual goods appearing or originating in the Services (such as a Game) or any other attributes associated with any Account or Services. ZeniMax does not recognize any purported transfers of virtual property executed outside of the Game, or the purported sale, gift, or trade in the "real world" of anything that appears or originates in a Service or a Game. Accordingly, You may not sell, and You may not assist others in selling, Service(s) or in-Game items for real currency, or exchange those items for value outside of the Services. Evidence of any attempt to redeem Downloadable Content for a purported exchange, sale, gift, or trade in the "real world" will result in the immediate suspension or termination of Your Account or Membership."

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • proprio.meb16_ESO
    proprio.meb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    I don't want to comment on the alleged action, or the ban itself, but that email that was provided did raise an eyebrow.

They cannot allow gold selling, then there is a quote from the ToS that, as I see it, isn't about gold selling.

I would think that this is the proper part of the ToS...

"You agree that You have no ownership right or title in or to any such Downloadable Content, including, but not limited to, the virtual goods appearing or originating in the Services (such as a Game) or any other attributes associated with any Account or Services. ZeniMax does not recognize any purported transfers of virtual property executed outside of the Game, or the purported sale, gift, or trade in the "real world" of anything that appears or originates in a Service or a Game. Accordingly, You may not sell, and You may not assist others in selling, Service(s) or in-Game items for real currency, or exchange those items for value outside of the Services. Evidence of any attempt to redeem Downloadable Content for a purported exchange, sale, gift, or trade in the "real world" will result in the immediate suspension or termination of Your Account or Membership."

I think thats the standard mail referring to 3rd party cheating apps, most probably just since it's the anticheat system that triggered the ban... if op is really in good faith it's just a false positive.
    Edited by proprio.meb16_ESO on May 6, 2022 1:59PM
  • belial5221_ESO
    belial5221_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's cause there's a trigger in the computers if you transfer too much gold/crowns to one person within a small timeframe.It's meant to prevent most gold buy/selling,but regular users can get flagged.
  • RisenEclipse
    RisenEclipse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately the game's auto ban hammer is very OP and trigger happy. Even accidentally falling through the map now can get your account banned, since the game thinks it's a bot. Just go through the appeal process and you'll get your account back. You're luckier then the people who had accidental account bans and didn't have another account to fall on.
    Edited by RisenEclipse on May 6, 2022 2:36PM
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i made two alt accounts to sell more stuff --- this happened right after i filled 5 traders on an alt account and sent money back to my main.

once they reinstate you --- make a bunch of accounts and make your own guild bank --- this way you can transfer gold and goods and not have to worry about this.

• divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of my ingame friends almost stopped showing up in the game because her best friend was banned when he bought some very rare item (idk recipe or housing item something like that) for 10m :/

ZOS you really need to pre-moderate each case instead of blanket automated bans.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    divnyi wrote: »
    One of my ingame friends almost stopped showing up in the game because her best friend was banned when he bought some very rare item (idk recipe or housing item something like that) for 10m :/

ZOS you really need to pre-moderate each case instead of blanket automated bans.

With autobans, it places the problem in the lap of the player and the studio only has to look at it if the player challenges it. I am going to guess that the gold sellers and related bot accounts don't challenge. They move on to new accounts. Thus, a human ends up looking at the bans that need to be reviewed, not the ones that don't. Just a guess. :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This thread actually worries me, as I have also been thinking about making a second account so I can provide my main account with more gold/materials. As I am always short on those.

ZOS should fix this type of automated ban, maybe by not auto-banning when the account has been paid for with the same method as the receiving account. Which would indicate a player just transfering goods to their own secondary/primary account.
    And ZOS should allow more character slots per account, to prevent this problem in the future! Atleast fifty should do for now. Afterall, doesn't a secondary account cause more stress on the database than a primary account with more characters. Especially now with AwA.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do we know if there's a safe limit for transferring gold between accounts, and whether it's safer to transfer it by actual trade with both logged in rather than by mail?
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I routinely transfer gold to my daughter, she plays but doesn't seem to be able to make gold in-game the way I do...

I'm worried now...

PS5/NA
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    Do we know if there's a safe limit for transferring gold between accounts, and whether it's safer to transfer it by actual trade with both logged in rather than by mail?

I've mailed a million between my two accounts on both PC megaservers various times in the last couple of years. Never heard a word about it....

When I swapped a few millions with a player moving to NA from EU, we met and traded.

[Edit to correct misquote]
    Edited by Sylvermynx on May 6, 2022 7:43PM
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I routinely transfer gold to my daughter, she plays but doesn't seem to be able to make gold in-game the way I do...

I'm worried now...

You shouldn't be. A lot of couples do it too. It's very common to own multiple accounts or play with family. This was situation is just unlucky
    Edited by FeedbackOnly on May 6, 2022 8:55PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As the OP ticket request has been handled by support, we will now close this thread from further discussion.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.