The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Getting scammed

Typical_Tim
Typical_Tim
Soul Shriven
I got scammed 300k gold, I put in a ticket (multiple actually) and never heard any word back from support at all. I have video proof and screenshots. There's also proof in game through text chat that they scammed me and multiple other people.

Not only is customer support not supporting customers in terms of being scammed, they're not doing anything to help people who get doxed while doing trials which has also happened multiple times to me and others.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's fine, I've never seen mine 5mil moons and moons back, but the person was banner afaik.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yeah, this deserves a mini-PSA. Sorry for your loss though.

PSA TO NEWER PLAYERS
    The most profitable method of making gold in ESO is to scam other players. Crown scammers will tell zone chat they are selling Crowns, then have you send gold first. They also can move your gold to another account or spend it fast to make extra sure ZOS support won’t do anything about it.

You might ask, why does this work?

Well ZOS has not given us a secure method of trading Crowns for Gold. Therefore one party has to send money first.

ZOS support will only help you out the first time you are scammed and that is if you’re lucky after waiting for weeks. In other words, scammers do not face punishment and are almost encouraged in this game.

Always beware of Crown Sellers.
    Only buy from guildies you trust.
    Never buy from zone chat.

Edited by Vaoh on May 16, 2022 9:18PM
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Out of curiosity, how does one get doxxed in trials outside of players posting your personal information in chat (which they could do in any chat, not just trials)?

No matter where they post your personal information, it's likely very actionable and should be reported. Trials are no exception.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Typical_Tim

Could you provide us with your ticket number?

We can check to make sure the issue is being looked into.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post