The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I miss deathmatches..

Grandchamp1989
Grandchamp1989
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Came back after a short break from PvP.
Last time I played I could que directly for Death Matches, and even get the daily XP bonus aswell for doing so.
Now it seems I can't even que for Deathmatches even if I forfeit the daily bonus...

I don't know.. Chasing balls and flags etc is okey I guess, but it isn't for me PvP wise.

What do people feel about it? Do they intend to bring DM back to BGs?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on April 24, 2022 7:38PM
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Deathmatch queue will not be returning anytime soon. (source)

Edited by SkaraMinoc on April 23, 2022 10:49PM
    PC NA
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they should add an option for players to rate the match types and locations.

Then, when they create a match select the match type and location based on the preferences of the people that will be in the match.

• katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Too many people here complained about DM and said they were getting DM in random all the time. They were the vocal majority I guess. I figure that meant that the majority of players were actually queuing for DM.

I agree with you, any other mode becomes DM when one of the group wants to hide and snipe everyone else from some high vantage point. Which is every match. I prefer the simplicity of no rules myself.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I might have to try battlegrounds again. I was getting tired of nothing but deathmatch.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Fizzyapple
    Fizzyapple
    ✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    I might have to try battlegrounds again. I was getting tired of nothing but deathmatch.

As an avid fan of DM I agree with you. It's nice in that builds (and players) who dominated DM last patch have been forced to rethink things a bit. I have seen so so many top builds/players drop to barely viable in other types of matches. DM forces everyone towards the PVP meta too fast and build diversity plummets to unhealthy and unfun levels less than halfway through the update. PVP heads in that direction regardless but variety slows that progression and keeps things interesting for a bit longer.
  • Coatmagic
    Coatmagic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was in multiple times after this change and couldn't get anything but DMs was wondering hth was supposed to finish the achievs at this rate. Sounds like you are getting other modes though so will have to have a peek again.
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When I queue up for a BG I get only Crazy King or DM ._.
    Where are my Chaosball matches?
    Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.Lewis Carroll
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I like all the BGs modes. All of the modes should be available, at all times.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    Deathmatch queue will not be returning anytime soon. (source)

Good to know. Thanks for providing the link
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Battlegrounds & Dueling section, as it is better suited there.

Thanks
    Staff Post
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I miss having PvP. Like, you know, actually fighting back. Not like 1-2 of you trying to fight vs 3-4 and rest is running around flipping em flags.

I don't know why devs hate BG community that much.
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They still happen quite a bit
    Edited by RedTalon on April 25, 2022 8:25AM
  • mmtaniac
    mmtaniac
    ✭✭✭✭
    I miss damage from Dot patch where's everyone dies. Right now is too many invicible builds.
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really miss the death matches, my play time dropped from few hours a day to few hours a week :(

I find this change really bad for my enjoyment. Very unfortunate
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • Fhritz
    Fhritz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, it's better this way. BG are about teamwork rather than just fighting each others. With proper teamwork, I can guarantee you that a crazy king / domination game can be 10x more intense than DM one. I think the main reasons why others gamemode suffers is that there isn't a "competitive / ranked" mode on BGs, but that's a whole other topic.
    I'm a single character man.
    Stamblade. Khajiit. Mostly pvp.
    And...that's it.
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fhritz wrote: »
    Honestly, it's better this way. BG are about teamwork rather than just fighting each others. With proper teamwork, I can guarantee you that a crazy king / domination game can be 10x more intense than DM one. I think the main reasons why others gamemode suffers is that there isn't a "competitive / ranked" mode on BGs, but that's a whole other topic.

But it so not helps that I come to fight and play the objective and then many are avoiding fights and only focus on the objectives. The game is over asap and hardly any fights. So you are right but that is only when all stars are aligned while a deathmatch can be fun on your own or with a strong team.
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • mmtaniac
    mmtaniac
    ✭✭✭✭
    People don't want fight because ,no one dies too much vampires , too much heal, too much tanky games. Players too tanky right now , fighting is pointless most of the time. Maybe if they balance healing somehow , maybe by scaling healing by magicka and stamina only like healing sets.
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mmtaniac wrote: »
    People don't want fight because ,no one dies too much vampires , too much heal, too much tanky games. Players too tanky right now , fighting is pointless most of the time. Maybe if they balance healing somehow , maybe by scaling healing by magicka and stamina only like healing sets.

Dont compare one negative with another, BG's have now been turned to *** once more. 7 out of 10 games are waist of my time. Cyrodiil aint working. Well done devs they always keep disappointing more and more. I pull my sub.
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fhritz wrote: »

Uhh, no. Sorry.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • RitualSmoke
    RitualSmoke
    ✭✭✭
    Id love to see deamthmatch get 1/3 chance vs the 1/5 chance to even it up and make everyone happy
  • _adhyffbjjjf12
    _adhyffbjjjf12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Id love to see deamthmatch get 1/3 chance vs the 1/5 chance to even it up and make everyone happy

you don't need to set a static chance, you can ask the players selected for a particular BG group what their preference is, and set the chance based on that.

1, Select group of players for a BG instance first.
    2. Ask what they want
    3. Set chance based on selection, then game rolls a dice.

works for high population, and solves the low population problem. bottom line, if you have a low population you will NEVER satisfy everyone all the time, so compromise and fair distribution and probability weighting is the only answer.
    Edited by _adhyffbjjjf12 on May 14, 2022 10:27AM
  • M0ntie
    M0ntie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think DMs are there. But now random is random again so you get all the types. I've started doing DMs again now that they aren't 99% DM.
  • WordsOfPower
    WordsOfPower
    ✭✭✭
    The problem is that 2 game modes are total crap (Domination & chaos ball), 2 are questionable but can be good (relic, crazy king) and 1 is what I really want to do.

So my chance of enjoying myself thoroughly is like 35%

Split queues and let people who want to run to empty flags wait 15 minutes for the privilege while we get straight into the action
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @_adhyffbjjjf12 you are asking for always deathmatch basically :)

Anyway, queueing can be better: we have better queueing mechanism for PvE, where you can select checkboxes of what you want to do and what you don't want to do. Put all game modes in checkboxes, put solo/duo/4man in checkboxes, separate tab for full random to get daily exp.
  • _adhyffbjjjf12
    _adhyffbjjjf12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    divnyi wrote: »
    @_adhyffbjjjf12 you are asking for always deathmatch basically :)

snip.

i've no issues with that, take a scenario where only 1 person out of the 8 wants X while all of the other 7 want Y then everyone gets a fair relative chance, and ofc for some group ups it will not be 1 to 7. Its the only fair way to get everyone a chance without hardcoding an unfair ratio that is static and does not reflect the dynamic requirements of a group of people at any given time.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @_adhyffbjjjf12 OR give a player an option to wait longer for a mode he wants, or queue for any mode to get into the game faster.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I miss having PvP. Like, you know, actually fighting back. Not like 1-2 of you trying to fight vs 3-4 and rest is running around flipping em flags.

I don't know why devs hate BG community that much.

It seems clear the devs do not hate the BG community. If they did they would not bother at all.

I do agree that it is lame turning a flag and then moving on to the next flag. There is a much better design that requires defending points which does lead to fighting in an objective-based BG. I have no idea why they did not go in that direction as it creates a superior BG match than just DMs and the objective matches we currently have.

• xPoisin
    xPoisin
    ✭✭✭
    BGs are crazy right now, in low lvl you see 8 NBs sneaking and cloaking, tryin to kill someone but without any success 😂😂😂😂😂 Their teamplay is like cloak and wait till someone comes around, burst combo and die 🤪🤪🤪 Also watching a NB tryin to kill another NB is so much fun, cloak-wait-cloak- run - cloak- attack-cloak… etc… this until someone else comes and there are only two scenarios :
    1. both NBs try to kill the random player
    2. both NBs are killed by random player

Yeaaah, mindless deathmatching is something that current META NB needs. I propose to put all NBs in standalone deathmatch queue and stream that matches live 😂😂😂😂
  • _adhyffbjjjf12
    _adhyffbjjjf12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @_adhyffbjjjf12 OR give a player an option to wait longer for a mode he wants, or queue for any mode to get into the game faster.

that will grow old fast, it will also drop the games per hour more as drop after getting bored waiting etc. The solution I gave works in other games extremely well, its a solved problem in this genre tbh.
  • _adhyffbjjjf12
    _adhyffbjjjf12
    ✭✭✭✭✭

that will grow old fast, it will also drop the games per hour more as drop after getting bored waiting etc. The solution I gave works in other games extremely well, its a solved problem in this genre tbh.

Think about it , players want to ideally play 5 or 6 games an hour, waiting means 1 or 2 that's the death of the format altogether.