The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Cryodiil bug, stick in delve

MidniteOwl1913
MidniteOwl1913
✭✭✭✭✭
So I was in one of the Cryodiiil delves this afternoon doing a daily. I tried to exit the delve and got "Your instance is full..." and could not leave. I tried to port out to a keep, nope, tried a wayshine, nope. I finally logged out and that worked, but now it's a wait to get back into Cryodiil. Surely I should just be able to exit the delve or at least port to a wayshine!
Edited by ZOS_Bill on May 16, 2022 7:30PM
PS5/NA
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next time try queuing for Imperial City, then queuing back for Cyrodiil.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's been a bug for years. Just keep spamming the door/ wayshrine and eventually it should let you out.
  • Kisakee
    Kisakee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not a bug as you think, just questionable game design: When you enter a delve in Cyrodiil you're pulled out of the actual campaign you joined for and your spot is open for other players. When said spot is filled by someone else the moment you want to leave the delve and no other spots are available you're unable to leave.

This is a major design flaw and people are exploiting the heck out of it as a zerg joins a delve right before a tick happens and the game is like "Oh, there's no people in this campaign. Let's give it the low population bonus then.". Then they leave the delve and get bonus rewards. Been a thing for years.
    "I don't know who you are, but i will find you and i will rob you." - Liam Thiefsson
  • Lebkuchen
    Lebkuchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Kisakee That's not how low pop bonus works. It has been a rumor for a while, but i dare you to try it with a group.
  • Kisakee
    Kisakee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lebkuchen wrote: »
    @Kisakee That's not how low pop bonus works. It has been a rumor for a while, but i dare you to try it with a group.

So how does it actually work?
    "I don't know who you are, but i will find you and i will rob you." - Liam Thiefsson
  • Lebkuchen
    Lebkuchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are claiming that zergs manipulate the low pop bonus by going in delves right before a tick happens. So i was hoping you could provide some proof.

As far as i know, the low pop bonus is a strange feature and nobody really knows how it works. Or even if it works as intended.

Let me quote the new public test server patch notes: "Fixed an issue that caused the Cyrodiil campaign low population bonus to be unreliable, which also affected the populations displayed in the Campaign selection menu and caused them to all display as low."

Cyrodiil has been neglected for years, and there are countless bugs and problems we have had to deal with for too long. And there are a lot of rumors, but hardly any evidence or proof. Almost no official information.

Some people are saying that low pop bonus takes a while to activate. 30 minutes, an hour, or more... So manipulating it right before a tick happens would not work. And after playing a lot of PvP myself, i have seen it acting weird and i am sure there are strange things happening. But i have never seen anyone manipulate low pop bonus the way you are describing.

So after reading your post i was wondering if you would be so kind to prove your assertion. Maybe i should have phrased it differently.

And i am sorry to keep doing this, but "...questionable game design: When you enter a delve in Cyrodiil you're pulled out of the actual campaign you joined for and your spot is open for other players" i am not sure if you are right there. Because when there is an hour long queue, you will not have to use that delve door for an hour to enter Cyrodiil again. Maybe a few minutes.

I don't know what is going on, but i would like to know. That's why i am asking stupid questions instead of believing everything i hear/read. Official information from ZOS employees would be nice to have, but we all know that is never going to happen.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kisakee wrote: »
    It's not a bug as you think, just questionable game design: When you enter a delve in Cyrodiil you're pulled out of the actual campaign you joined for and your spot is open for other players. When said spot is filled by someone else the moment you want to leave the delve and no other spots are available you're unable to leave.

This is a major design flaw and people are exploiting the heck out of it as a zerg joins a delve right before a tick happens and the game is like "Oh, there's no people in this campaign. Let's give it the low population bonus then.". Then they leave the delve and get bonus rewards. Been a thing for years.

That is a bug. You are still in Cyrodiil, effectively. You cannot go anywhere else from there, even a wayshrine. The IC beam workaround is the bad part, not the idea you can get stuck in a delve. The delve is in the PvP zone and has full PvP inside it!

It is bad design as well, but a spot should be kept for you unless you beam to IC.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well if it is working as intended there should at least be a warning letting me know I'm giving up my spot. Then I wouldn't have entered the delve. They may not be able to "fix" this, but that can surely give a warning.

PS5/NA
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it's pretty annoying watching a good portion of your delve AP buff wasting away as you click on the exit for several minutes, to no effect. Makes about as much sense as the ladders to Imperial City failing to load.... for whatever reasons. And ZOS has remained silent on both issues for years.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • EozZoe1989
    EozZoe1989
    ✭✭✭
    i spam on weapon sometimes .. mostly bow thou for me
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Like I said just keep hitting the door/ wayshrine, it'll let you out eventually.
  • Jamie_Aubrey
    Jamie_Aubrey
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its not a bug, means the instant is full so you can't port out, just keep trying it and it eventually works
    RETIRED FROM ESO
    PC/EU
    Former Empress & Grand Overlord Vex Valentino
  • Gaeliannas
    Gaeliannas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lebkuchen wrote: »
    You are claiming that zergs manipulate the low pop bonus by going in delves right before a tick happens. So i was hoping you could provide some proof.

As far as i know, the low pop bonus is a strange feature and nobody really knows how it works. Or even if it works as intended.

Let me quote the new public test server patch notes: "Fixed an issue that caused the Cyrodiil campaign low population bonus to be unreliable, which also affected the populations displayed in the Campaign selection menu and caused them to all display as low."

Cyrodiil has been neglected for years, and there are countless bugs and problems we have had to deal with for too long. And there are a lot of rumors, but hardly any evidence or proof. Almost no official information.

Some people are saying that low pop bonus takes a while to activate. 30 minutes, an hour, or more... So manipulating it right before a tick happens would not work. And after playing a lot of PvP myself, i have seen it acting weird and i am sure there are strange things happening. But i have never seen anyone manipulate low pop bonus the way you are describing.

So after reading your post i was wondering if you would be so kind to prove your assertion. Maybe i should have phrased it differently.

And i am sorry to keep doing this, but "...questionable game design: When you enter a delve in Cyrodiil you're pulled out of the actual campaign you joined for and your spot is open for other players" i am not sure if you are right there. Because when there is an hour long queue, you will not have to use that delve door for an hour to enter Cyrodiil again. Maybe a few minutes.

I don't know what is going on, but i would like to know. That's why i am asking stupid questions instead of believing everything i hear/read. Official information from ZOS employees would be nice to have, but we all know that is never going to happen.

So basically you are saying you have no idea how it works, but are telling the poster he is wrong? First off, a large enough percentage of folks entering a delve or Cheesemonger's before a tick, will in fact engage the low pop bonus for that faction. We actually did it once to check, and it totally works, about time they fixed it since they made the pop cap so low it doesn't take many people to invoke it, maybe 15-20 players can do it now.

Also, when you enter a delve, your spot in Cyro is given away, it can take a very long time during MYM to re-enter due to people taking your spot. It is an incredibly poor oversight in the game design. When there is a 2 hour queue for Cyro, porting to IC is not an option, clicking the stupid door for 30-45 mins is much better, or simply log out and say screw it.

If you have any "assertions" to prove this isn't the case, please feel free to present them. Because those playing Cyro for years, know these are facts from simple experience.
  • Lebkuchen
    Lebkuchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gaeliannas wrote: »
    So basically you are saying you have no idea how it works, but are telling the poster he is wrong? ...
    If you have any "assertions" to prove this isn't the case, please feel free to present them. Because those playing Cyro for years, know these are facts from simple experience.

I am sorry for using words you don't like, english is not my first language, and "assertion" came out when i asked google for the english word for "Behauptung". Maybe claim, statement, allegation, thesis or proposition would be better?

And yes, i am saying nobody really knows how it works and should not present rumors as facts. You know, like the people telling me the earth is flat, and pyramids have been built by alien gods or whatever. Oh, and witches can not swim.. I am not the bad guy because i am asking them why they would believe that, instead of just agreeing and spreading the word myself, am i?

I have been playing in Cyrodiil for years too, and while a lot of bugs and cheats have been documented, i have never seen anyone providing real information about this one. Just some people showing why it should NOT and does NOT work. But the game is buggy, so who knows. By the way, i have been playing some MYM too, with 100 - 200 queue. And again, i always got back in to Cyrodiil after a few minutes, maybe 5 but never 35-45... Now i could just claim there is a difference between playstation, xbox and PC, or the moon has something to do with it. I mean i am saying it cloud be true, so you will have to believe me, or you have to prove me wrong, right? That's how it works nowadays?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We recommend the troubleshooting below if you continue to run into loading issues on your character.

What do I do if my ESO character can't load into a zone?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Bill wrote: »
    We recommend the troubleshooting below if you continue to run into loading issues on your character.

What do I do if my ESO character can't load into a zone?

With all due respect this is a Cyrodiil only issue that happens the faction is pop locked. And it's been like that for many years. When you go into a delve to get your Blessing of War buff, the game considers you as having left the Cyrodiil instance and then it allows the next person in the queue to enter. So after you kill the boss and try to exit the delve, the game reports that your faction is full and prevents you from reentering the instance. Sometimes you can click on the door a few times and get back in in a few seconds, and other times it can take up to 15 minutes. And sometimes there are multiple players clicking on the door at the same time trying to get back into Cyrodiil. When this happens, our buffs are wasting away, we can't help our team, and it's frustrating because it shouldn't have to be this way.

Yes, someone can "log out of the game" as your link states, but then they will have to get in sometimes an hour long queue to get back into Cyrodiil, and their Blessing of War buff will be gone, and they will need to re-enter a delve and start the whole process over again.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.