The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Windows visibility issue

Demalb16_ESO
Demalb16_ESO
✭✭✭
Why are the windows so thin that they can't be visible form both side of the wall?????
[snip] I was changing the wall to save some item slot from wooden to brik and than I see this .... no windows is thick enough to be visible from both side....
How is this possible ????
Can you correct this thing??

s8adfwzwbsa7.png
c9tbzf9ax0d0.png
k2d8tikc8dwv.png
n6j94r7emqao.png

[edited for profanity bypass & bashing]
Edited by ZOS_Icy on May 3, 2022 10:18AM
  • Demalb16_ESO
    Demalb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Only the deathlands window can be viewed from both side.... for me this is crazy.3

z8a1zeal3o35.png
    Options
  • Demalb16_ESO
    Demalb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Look at this, how the hell is this possible ??? Even the big one! you have to do something to make it right guys this is really bad

oizdcql4wgfp.png
    lurccd4g0asf.png
    Options
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Hi there,

Recently we've had to remove a few posts for baiting, content that is against the Community Rules.
    • Trolling or Baiting: The act of trolling is defined as something that is created for the intent to provoke conflict, shock others, or to elicit a strong negative or emotional reaction. It’s okay and very normal to disagree with others, and even to debate, but provoking conflict, baiting, inciting, mocking, etc. is never acceptable in the official The Elder Scrolls Online community. If you do not have something constructive or meaningful to add to a discussion, we strongly recommend you refrain from posting in that thread, and find another discussion to participate in instead. It is also not constructive or helpful to publicly call out others and accuse them of trolling, or call them a troll—please refrain from doing so. If you genuinely believe someone is trolling, please report the post or thread to the ESO Team, and leave it at that.
    For further posts be sure to stay constructive and respectful to avoid thread derailment.

Thank you for understanding.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Marronsuisse
    Marronsuisse
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't tried to actually build my own structures with furnishings yet, but I would have hoped that there were some types of windows that would show on both sides of the wall furnishings. Especially the new Fargrave windows. I guess you'd need two of each window... so pricey :#
    Options
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to change the subject a bit but the main reason I don't buy a lot of the houses is because they have no windows or the windows they do have are solid and cannot be opened.

To me this is nuts. I don't want to spend a ton of Crowns on a house and not have open windows to see in or out. That to me is the biggest detriment to housing in ESO.
    Options
  • Inaya
    Inaya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And can we have windows that are real windows like you can see through them and they actually let light in?
    Options
  • Demalb16_ESO
    Demalb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Icy wrote: »
    Hi there,

Recently we've had to remove a few posts for baiting, content that is against the Community Rules.
    • Trolling or Baiting: The act of trolling is defined as something that is created for the intent to provoke conflict, shock others, or to elicit a strong negative or emotional reaction. It’s okay and very normal to disagree with others, and even to debate, but provoking conflict, baiting, inciting, mocking, etc. is never acceptable in the official The Elder Scrolls Online community. If you do not have something constructive or meaningful to add to a discussion, we strongly recommend you refrain from posting in that thread, and find another discussion to participate in instead. It is also not constructive or helpful to publicly call out others and accuse them of trolling, or call them a troll—please refrain from doing so. If you genuinely believe someone is trolling, please report the post or thread to the ESO Team, and leave it at that.
    For further posts be sure to stay constructive and respectful to avoid thread derailment.

Thank you for understanding.

My post is not done to troll or bait the people. I can agree that the title was not appropriate. I paid a lot of crowns to have those big windows, I had to farm a lot to have 10-12 vampiric windows and i spent a lot of gold for the furnishings (I did the composition in the PTS only because is easyer to buy what you need without crafting it and have to throw it away if it doesn't work). I'm not provoking people I'm pointing out a big issue with furnishing for people who like it.

Now in regards to the other answers
    True windows is a little more complicated than what we have: we should have walls to have the right sized hole to put the windows in when you are building and this is difficult to do and restrict the kind of windows you can use. Furthermore they can only be used in spaces where you are building your own house not in premade houses since they are usually divided in two areas to save memory and having a window that can be opened it's really difficult to do. you basically have to remake every house.... don't think this is possible but modifying the windows to be thicker so you can actually use them I think that is not a difficult thing to do. Or you can do more wooden wall like the one (there is only one thype that is usable ) I use now. if you use the one available now you have to use a lot of slots because they are small and this is ridicolous !
    Options
  • Demalb16_ESO
    Demalb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The wooden wall I'm using are those in the left top corner. you neeed three to have a wall of the same length of the brik one.
    5amke8dsce6r.png
    Options
  • Marronsuisse
    Marronsuisse
    ✭✭✭
    My post is not done to troll or bait the people. I can agree that the title was not appropriate. I paid a lot of crowns to have those big windows, I had to farm a lot to have 10-12 vampiric windows and i spent a lot of gold for the furnishings (I did the composition in the PTS only because is easyer to buy what you need without crafting it and have to throw it away if it doesn't work). I'm not provoking people I'm pointing out a big issue with furnishing for people who like it.

I think the "trolling and baiting" was mostly referring to an irrelevant, baiting comment someone else left, which ZOS has removed. :) Pointing out concerns about furnishings is fine.
    Options
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It is possible to place windows on Fargrave walls that they are visible on both sides:

outside...
    kdwaebv73jdh.jpg

... and same inside
    f5mqy894cck4.jpg
    Options
  • Demalb16_ESO
    Demalb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    What wall is that? Fargrave walls have a little frame coming out. And you can easily see that it's only an exception and not a good one since the glasses are not visible in their entireity. That is the windows you get with the writ the normal one don't pass through the wall as for all the other models except for the red ones of the dathlands.
    rzw7ses0xk0w.png
    fkuelqrradxo.png
    For me this is really bad
    Options
  • Demalb16_ESO
    Demalb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    b51zemtyfvbb.png

As you can see the one you get for reference are way thicker than the others. Two models of windows out of 8-9 is not good enough and if you add that to get the big one you pay a lot of crowns.... this is a problem they have to solve .
    Options
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What wall is that? Fargrave walls have a little frame coming out. And you can easily see that it's only an exception and not a good one since the glasses are not visible in their entireity.

It´s the Fargrave wall (outside wall) and yes, I am aware about the problem that the windows are partly covered by the edge, but this was ok for me, I was more happy that it was possible to have the window on both sides.

Options
  • maximusrex45
    maximusrex45
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't see this changing, at least not on existing items.

Not all walls are the same thickness, so how do they support that? do they make all the windows thick enough to work with the thickest wall? Then it looks bad on the thinnest wall or if it isn't on a wall at all.

They can't make all the walls thinner, that will mess up walls that are already placed and change the way they look in ways that might not make people happy.

They could maybe make just that particular wall thinner, but I am not sure how thin it would need to be to work with all the existing windows.

There are no solutions that don't cause another problem.
    Options
  • Demalb16_ESO
    Demalb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    qe29gx8mzlxe.png
    q0l1xs6d71s5.png
    What wall is that ? Fargrave walls have a little frame coming out. And you can easily see that it's only an exception and not a good one since the glasses are not visible in their entireity. That is the windows you get with the writ
    I don't see this changing, at least not on existing items.

Not all walls are the same thickness, so how do they support that? do they make all the windows thick enough to work with the thickest wall? Then it looks bad on the thinnest wall or if it isn't on a wall at all.

They can't make all the walls thinner, that will mess up walls that are already placed and change the way they look in ways that might not make people happy.

They could maybe make just that particular wall thinner, but I am not sure how thin it would need to be to work with all the existing windows.

There are no solutions that don't cause another problem.

I understand your argument but it's not right: the windows were made IN THE SAME STYLE AS THE WALLS so they were created at the same time as the walls they have to be put on so they should at least be compatible with the walls that were created in that style. the wall i took as an example is the thinnest one except for the wood one and the widnwos I used have all brick frames so there are 2 possible solution : 1) make the windows thicker 2) create some new thinner walls like the one I just mentioned some post ago but bigger to save space.
    there is also a third option: increase the furnishing cap but one of the two mentioned before are still the best solution.
    Really, I don't understand how someone can do such a big error when designing things. it's almost ridicuolous.
    I forgot there is also another option : make the recipe for the deathlands windows available so at least I can use those.
    Options
  • Demalb16_ESO
    Demalb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I forgot another thing: actually adjust the thickness of the windows based on the walls that are of the same style. this is the most viable and useful option
    Options
  • Demalb16_ESO
    Demalb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    This is the only wall that is thin enough to show the windows both side. make some more wooden walls as this one but bigger so that one can use this instead of the other one. I'm really doumbfounded. It's like someone show me a car with squared wheels ... that's not gonna roll.....

0wefqjce5bep.png
    Options
  • maximusrex45
    maximusrex45
    ✭✭✭✭
    I understand your argument but it's not right: the windows were made IN THE SAME STYLE AS THE WALLS so they were created at the same time as the walls they have to be put on so they should at least be compatible with the walls that were created in that style. the wall i took as an example is the thinnest one except for the wood one and the widnwos I used have all brick frames so there are 2 possible solution : 1) make the windows thicker 2) create some new thinner walls like the one I just mentioned some post ago but bigger to save space.
    there is also a third option: increase the furnishing cap but one of the two mentioned before are still the best solution.
    Really, I don't understand how someone can do such a big error when designing things. it's almost ridicuolous.
    I forgot there is also another option : make the recipe for the deathlands windows available so at least I can use those.

That is true for the Fargrave/Deadlands Windows and Walls, maybe they will address those, but the Vampiric and the 8 Divines predate that wall and shouldn't be changed. The furnishing cap is due to performance issues on lower end systems and won't be changing anytime in the next few years at least. I am always for making more items available to craft.
    Options
  • Demalb16_ESO
    Demalb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    the Vampiric and the 8 Divines predate that wall and shouldn't be changed.

Than they should match the walls available when they were created and the walls are ALL thicker than the one created after....
    Moreover those are the one that cost actual money .......
    Options
  • Demalb16_ESO
    Demalb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    give us more slots if I'm relegated to use dobule slot for windows because .... really for me is like selling a car with the steer wheel in the trunk ....
    Options