The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Where is the Benefactor?

Bizkit28
Bizkit28
Soul Shriven
I'm in the Aldmeri Dominion and am in Vulkhel Guard. The hooded figure told me to go see the benefactor, but the map tells me to get on a boat to Davon's Watch. I looked online and it says he should be on the Interim Suitor, but he isn't. Where is he? Is he in Davon's Watch?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He is in your Home Alliance Starter City; If your AD, then Vulkhel Guard; Which happens to be a ship, but you don't take it anywhere.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:The_Benefactor
    Edited by Nestor on May 15, 2022 11:27AM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [ALLIANCE_ALDMERI_DOMINION]="inside The Interim Suitor ship at the Vulkhel Guard docks in Auridon.",

[ALLIANCE_DAGGERFALL_COVENANT]="inside the Patheirry House near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.",

[ALLIANCE_EBONHEART_PACT]="inside The Sadreno House by the bridge that goes over the two ponds in Davon's Watch city in Stonefalls.",
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • Bizkit28
    Bizkit28
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks guys, but I've checked the ship several times and he's not there. All I see are sailors and deckhands.
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bizkit28 wrote: »
    Thanks guys, but I've checked the ship several times and he's not there. All I see are sailors and deckhands.

Which Alliance is your character ?

Do you have Map Pins turned on? Make SETTINGS -> INTERFACE ->HEADS-UP DISPLAY > QUEST GIVER ICONS -> COMPASS ACTIVE QUESTS QUEST TO FOCUSED and you should be able to follow the compass to the quests, also make sure that the quest Is also selected in your Journal.

SETTINGS -> INTERFACE ->HEADS-UP DISPLAY -> QUEST GIVER ICONS
    • When this setting is enabled you can see the 3D arrow above a quest giver.
    Quest Giver Icons On
    xnL8nHL.png
    Quest Giver Icons Off
    WflrisB.png

SETTINGS -> INTERFACE ->HEADS-UP DISPLAY -> QUEST GIVER ICONS -> COMPASS QUEST GIVERS
    • When this setting is enabled you can see the quest marker arrow in the compass.
    Compass Quest Givers On
    ak4P8W9.png
    Compass Quest Givers Off
    hUTU9Vr.png

SETTINGS -> INTERFACE ->HEADS-UP DISPLAY > QUEST GIVER ICONS -> COMPASS ACTIVE QUESTS QUEST
    • When this setting is enabled you can see the quest marker arrow in the compass.
    Compass Active Quests On
    sd0wNid.png
    Compass Active Quests Off
    WmTOnDO.png
    Compass Active Quests Focused
    nAY7IMo.png

Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sounds like the game thinks your character is in the Pact, not the Dominion, you can double check on the character select screen - it will show which alliance the character is in.

As a guess did you recently buy the Any Race, Any Alliance upgrade? If you've got it then you need to remember to select your race and alliance seperately when creating a character (even if you want to stick to the default) because the alliance won't change automatically when you pick a different race.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Bizkit28
    Bizkit28
    Soul Shriven
    Apparently I am in the Pact. I was so sure I picked Dominion. Dang it! Am I still able to do the main quest even though I choose to Dominion first, or do I have to start all over?
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Talk to the Benefactor, :
    [ALLIANCE_EBONHEART_PACT]="inside The Sadreno House by the bridge that goes over the two ponds in Davon's Watch city in Stonefalls."

You can follow the that above information to get to the benefactor, as it's apart of an addon we are creating but not out yet.

Everyone can do the main quests, is just that the Benefactor will be somewhere else depending in which alliance you are.
    Immersive Quests Addon
    List of Immersion Addons