The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Factions population locked, but feels dead.

BlakMarket
BlakMarket
✭✭✭✭
Are people not logging out to avoid the big queues? I knew of players doing this during mid-year mayhem, with queues just as big or bigger I'm guessing it happening.
  • Cuddlypuff
    Cuddlypuff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most players exclusively PvDoor and just chitchat in zone or AFK when getting pushed back. That's our time to shine B)
    Screenshot-20220512-001120.png
    Just casually duo defending 3 far flung keeps last night with no AP bonuses. Sometimes we even get up to 300K in that hour. The ridiculous thing is our faction had 0 defenders for these yet 60 members magically reappeared at the next PvDoor. Guess they have no idea what they are missing out on.
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm surprised this isn't talked about more often, It happens all the time on console where all factions can be poplocked and there MIGHT be 2 keeps flagged on map. Usually entire server zerging 1 place or they just wanna defend because they're too scared to lose points lol.

I think they ought to add in an offensive ap tick for pushing an objective to encourage people to push on map and not wait for things to happen and make it things happen.
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The population cap is right about 80/faction now. So ya, it will seem dead even during pop locked times.

I'm guessing people are just tired of all the cooperation going on between two of the factions, at least on the PC NA server. Tired of that and tired of all the teabagging and other toxic behavior coming from these cross faction cooperators. People do get worn down from the toxicity that comes from some of the players.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They kind of lost on what the original goal of cyro was. The pop caps are too low now for the big zone and there is too much faction swapping now so no faction loyalty (which was already low from the start and even lower with one tamriel).

Doesn't mean anything is wrong with any of that if the greater population supports the changes, but I think more about Cyrodiil should have changed along with it.

Personally, I'd leave the No CP and under 50 campaigns as the full size Cyrodiil and maybe increase their population caps. Hopefully with the new servers and the fact they don't have CP and all that, it would more easily support it. I also think those two types are more 'starter campaigns' and mimic the start of the game where the Alliance war was the focus.

Then for the reg campaign, I'd split Cyro into three different zones (remnants of each alliance's holdings) and create a sort of after-war/war-torn land with current pop caps (but now condensed into a smaller area). I'd create a different game type/rule set for each of the three zones and you could go to any of them at any time, so you could earn different rewards simultaneously from each if you played them enough.

I think A LOT more needs to happen balance wise in the game. There are some way broken builds and too much group synergy that give bigger advantage to numbers (when they already have advantage with numbers and coordination). But those aren't really about population as a whole, so I'll skip anymore on it.

The pop caps definitely leave the game feeling empty with the size of the zone. Now with the lag improved, maybe they can start focusing on all the other problems of pvp.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Faction stack zerging is generally the most effective way to win any given objective. With the lag supposedly fixed, there's no more hiding the horrendous state of PvP combat balance, which continues to push many players away.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • Thecompton73
    Thecompton73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's also the fact that 3/4 players are on DK's or Templar's that take 5v1 and 20 minutes to kill which is discouraging smaller groups from spreading out to attack keeps. All it takes to stop 12 people at a keep is for 4-5 DK/Templar's all armed with resto staves pumping out cross heals to show and start burning siege or jumping people using it. Even if the group attacking is equally hard to kill it just becomes a stalemate where they can't finish the siege and neither group can kill the other.
    TTK is just way to high for those classes right now (Especially when they run in a ball group) and it forces people to run with the zergs and count on having an overwhelming number advantage to actually take anything. So no one rides out to attack a keep unless they see 40 other players going the same way.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After removing some unnecessary baiting and back-and-forth from this thread, we would like everyone to keep posts on the subject at hand, civil, and constructive. If there may be any questions in regards to the rules, please feel free to review them here​.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on May 16, 2022 6:12PM
    Staff Post