The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PSA: Standing on the ledge with Chaosball on Eld Angavar is not an exploit

SkaraMinoc
SkaraMinoc
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Standing here is a perfectly viable strategy for Chaosball. It's a ledge built into the map that anyone can access.

TyEZ6lK.png

sfDqOz3.png

Here are some counters to this strategy.
  • Master's Inferno Staff + Flame Clench will knock them off the ledge
  • Javelin knocks players off the ledge
  • DK Leap may knock them off, depending on location
  • Dark Convergence placed next to the player will pull them off the ledge
  • Attack from the other side of the chasm. It's within 28 meters.
  • Attack from above.
  • Jump down and attack the player.

You have options. Use them.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on May 10, 2022 11:16PM
PC NA
  • Dem_kitkats1
    Dem_kitkats1
    ✭✭✭✭
    I mean, you're utilizing the L.O.S. in the map to your advantage. Seems like a very valid strategy to me.
  • Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same thing with the ledges in Mor Khazgur.
    "Best" healer PC/NA
  • Merforum
    Merforum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Filing under exploits when others use it but perfectly fine when I do it.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why chaosball should spawn fires at your feet that would stack and burn you for sitting at the same location instead of that AoE burn.
    While also provide -20% movespeed debuff and disable root immunity so we ensure the fights gonna happen.

Using safespots in this mode is just boring.
  • WordsOfPower
    WordsOfPower
    ✭✭✭
    Is this 'strategy' fun? Does it promote meaningful PvP gameplay?

If the answer to both questions is 'no', what kind of mindset continues to use this strategy?

Chaosball was a nice idea but it wasn't properly thought out.

I have a character tune for BG healer and when I get Chaosball, I can outrun everyone, and heal through the dot for over 200 points of match score almost every time.

I don't understand how anyone could defend this game mode in its present form
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If the answer to both questions is 'no', what kind of mindset continues to use this strategy?

Need 3 wins. Don't care how I get them.

^ the mindset of many players.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on May 13, 2022 6:16AM
    PC NA
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »

Not calling you one But those are the words that every exploiter or cheater has always used.
  • RitualSmoke
    RitualSmoke
    ✭✭✭
    exploit? no. annoying and probably should be changed imo it doesnt seem to be an intended thing. quite a few of these tho
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    At the very most it's cheese. People should not report anyone for that. If ZoS thinks it's bad, they'll fix the geometry so you can't go there.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »

Not calling you one But those are the words that every exploiter or cheater has always used.

Many players just want their dailies completed and will use cheeze builds, stand on ledges, etc.

I skip the 3 win daily quest because the time required isn't worth the reward you get.
    PC NA
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Many players just want their dailies completed and will use cheeze builds, stand on ledges, etc.

I skip the 3 win daily quest because the time required isn't worth the reward you get.

I understand your point. It's the same reasoning players will use to join a dungeon as a tank or healer, when they are not. They want to get their rewards as quick as they can. It's not worth their time. But it can also be a very selfish action. It can ruin the experience that others have signed up for.

In the end, it is up to the Devs to redesign the map so this cannot occur. Or, they may decide it's not worth it. I guess for the life of me I just don't get why you would purposely make a post about cheesing a win. It's actually quite mind-boggling. Are you looking to justify it?
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In the end, it is up to the Devs to redesign the map so this cannot occur.
    What makes you think standing in that spot isn't by design? It's a great spot and many players are happy with it.
    I guess for the life of me I just don't get why you would purposely make a post about cheesing a win. It's actually quite mind-boggling.
    This thread is a public service announcement to educate players that jumping over a 1 foot ledge and dropping down to rocks intentionally placed by the map designer is not an abuse of game mechanics. Going to that spot also doesn't guarantee a win.
    Are you looking to justify it?
    Players are free to move within the 3-dimensional space created for them. Nobody is teleporting through walls, floating, or moving faster than they should. Nothing in this thread needs justification.
    PC NA
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @SkaraMinoc Honestly, I'm gonna let this thread continue without commenting anymore. But you've given me great insight into your playstyle. lol.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    you've given me great insight into your playstyle. lol.

Not sure why you're giving me such a hard time.

I play a healer and do my best to provide a quality BG experience for others.

locG9Gt.png

qHHhAqP.png

A3CB5eZ.png
    PC NA
  • RitualSmoke
    RitualSmoke
    ✭✭✭
    The one I'm not sure about is how someone with immovable or something can get interrupted picking up the relic then immediately snatch it with no animation nor the time it would have taken for the animation to play out. maybe it shows them interrupted but they cannot be?
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The one I'm not sure about is how someone with immovable or something can get interrupted picking up the relic then immediately snatch it with no animation nor the time it would have taken for the animation to play out. maybe it shows them interrupted but they cannot be?

I've only seen that with Werewolves. They can pick up the Chaosball even when they're on the global cooldown.

Seems like a bug.

Nevermind. Werewolves can instantly pick up the Chaosball because all 5 of their skills are instant. Any skill with a cast time prevents your character from interacting with objects (Chaosball, NPCs, Mundus Stone, Aetherial Well, etc)

Edited by SkaraMinoc on May 16, 2022 4:59AM
    PC NA
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do not think it is us, players, that decide if something is an exploit or not. That is up to Zenimax who in the end is the ultimate authority in what is an exploit or not.
  • _adhyffbjjjf12
    _adhyffbjjjf12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    I do not think it is us, players, that decide if something is an exploit or not. That is up to Zenimax who in the end is the ultimate authority in what is an exploit or not.

To quote a well know description:

"In video games, an exploit is the use of a bug or glitches, game system, rates, hit boxes, speed or level design etc. by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers; however, the precise determination of what is or is not considered an exploit can be controversial. "

You don't need someone to label something as an exploit to make it real, otherwise an exploiter could always argue ignorance.