The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Keep getting login error message

Waterdesk
Waterdesk
I've been getting an unexpected internal error message for the past two days whenever I try to play ESO on Xbox Series X and the ESO support has been taking quite some time to resolve this issue, so I'm wondering if anyone else had this issue and managed to resolve it. It seems that this error is specific to my gamertag that is linked to my ESO account because whenever I switch to a family member's gamertag that is associated with their own ESO account, I am able to login and play through their account. I also hooked up my old Xbox One to see if I can play ESO through that, but I run into the same issue. Since I can play other online games and I can connect to ESO if I login with a different gamertag, I can pretty much rule out that there is a connection issue on my end. Some things that I have tried already:
  • Power cycle
  • cleared persistent storage
  • Reset Xbox Series X to factory conditions but kept apps
  • uninstalled and re-installed ESO
  • Confirmed that my ESO account is linked to my gamertag

I'm not sure if this is related, but I was able to login and play earlier in the week. This error message started appearing after the May 11th Xbox NA maintenance.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on May 18, 2022 7:48PM
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would submit a ticket
    Options
  • Waterdesk
    Waterdesk
    I would submit a ticket

Thanks, but all the things I've tried so far were troubleshooting steps from the ticket I submitted. Since the support can't seem to figure it out (so far), I was wondering if anyone else had a similar issue and was able to resolve it.
    Options
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What's the error message?
    Options
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can you login into ESO account on website?
    Options
  • Waterdesk
    Waterdesk
    What's the error message?

enrekfwcbo81.jpg

Yup, I'm able to login into my ESO account on the website

b0w3n3imecut.png

Options
  • LurgidBean
    LurgidBean
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep. This happens. It was a bug, it was fixed, and now it has returned. Support has not been forthcoming as to why. I also have weird suspicions it's something about specific accounts, and not just a server issue. I've already had 2 long-term ESO friends stop playing (including one over Jubilee) because they can't log in with any consistency. And if we are being honest, some players don't bother contacting support because it is not a pleasant customer experience. (That isn't bashing, just an observation made based on multiple posts and reports. I'm not attacking anyone personally.)

If you keep restarting the game and trying again, you might eventually slip in between the cracks. Whatever you do in that case, don't open any other game or app if the login succeeds. That ruins the spell somehow.

Support is probably going to tell you to redownload the game if the other boilerplate solutions didn't work. It didn't fix the issue for me last time they introduced this bug, but maybe it's worth a try if you are still waiting on a response.
    Edited by LurgidBean on May 14, 2022 2:01PM
    Xbox NA/EU
    "Once I misplaced an entire roast chicken, so this doesn't surprise me."
    Options
  • Waterdesk
    Waterdesk

LurgidBean wrote: »
    Yep. This happens. It was a bug, it was fixed, and now it has returned.

Dang, if this is a bug that was fixed then reintroduced, then I wonder why support seem ignorant to this issue. It has just been a bunch of ineffective troubleshooting steps. Some of these steps are related to fixing my internet connection on my Xbox when I already told them that I'm not having difficulty connecting to the servers, I'm just having difficulty connecting to the servers through my ESO account. I guess I can only hope that there is a fix when the next maintenance comes around.

Options
  • SerasWhip
    SerasWhip
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am on PC and also get a black screen followed by a crash when I press play on the launcher. Losing the daily rewards and no one is helping...
    Options
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Xbox Technical Support section, as it is better suited there.

Thanks
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Waterdesk
    Waterdesk
    I am still not able to login and play ESO. My incident # is 220512-004739, and on 05/15/2022, support said that they are escalating my issue and that I would receive a response shortly, but nobody has contacted me. This issue is not related to my internet since I am able to connect to other multiplayer games on Xbox. This issue is also not related to my connection to the megaserver because I am able to login if I use a different ESO account. This issue only arises when I try to login through my ESO account.

In the image below, I'm able to connect to ESO when logging into the account of a family member.
    1cznd6j4ufjq.jpg

Whenever I try connecting through my ESO account, I get the "login failed" message that I posted earlier. I don't know how server connections works, but is it possible that the megaserver does not recognize my ESO account?
    Options
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As this is a duplicate discussion to one already open, we will now close the thread. You can continue to seek assistance in the other thread here.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.