The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Low pop bonus

ThreeXB
ThreeXB
✭✭✭✭
I don't agree with this even being a thing but kinda understand why it exists BUT should ONLY be accessible for 3rd place campaign point holder. I've seen the 2nd place teams multiple times strategically clear out for a few hours gaining 350-400 points each hour during peak hours going 1000 points over 3 hours then coming back in to night cap. In my opinion this is an exploit. So keep low pop bonus to 3rd place only
  • kmarie
    kmarie
    Soul Shriven
    Yes, and I have seen ep log off 3 hours before the end of the campaign to move from 3rd to 1st in the last hour to win the campaign
    ..so yeah get rid of it.
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm on the fence, it can be really hard to catch up even just from second place if the #1 faction is legitimately steamrolling. The problem is when that isn't what is happening. Evidence was posted here a couple days ago of a certain second place faction in a certain campaign abusing the current low-pop bug (allegedly fixed in High Isle) to catch up in score. The post was removed for "naming and shaming". This might be a good issue to revisit after the bug with the system is fixed.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i like the low pop for the double AP bonus, i honestly could care less about the campaign scores

it did always seem completely random when it would activate though, so hopefully that will be fixed in the next major update
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Cuddlypuff
    Cuddlypuff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Who even cares about double scoring? Everyone should have permanent 2x AP since Cyrodiil is forever low pop and PVP is dead.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cuddlypuff wrote: »
    Who even cares about double scoring? Everyone should have permanent 2x AP since Cyrodiil is forever low pop and PVP is dead.

That aged poorly lol.

Cyro pop locked on multiple campaigns for most of the day
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Feaky
    Feaky
    ✭✭✭
    In fact, you now have the opposite problem. Queue times are insane. 1 hour last night, been queued up an hour tonight and still counting (and it has not moved in the past 20 min). Earlier in the week, I queued for almost an hour then DC'd an hour later. Couldn't go through another hour long queue so watched Netflix instead.

ZOS - its time to scale the population limits back to where they were a year ago. Honestly, with lag, you could at least play (although less than optimal). So we traded lag for long queues. Not sure which I prefer as of yet.
  • Cuddlypuff
    Cuddlypuff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cuddlypuff wrote: »

That aged poorly lol.

Cyro pop locked on multiple campaigns for most of the day

Pop locked but still pretty much dead most of the time. Just a flurry of PvDoor every now and then. Back on topic though - Low pop is simply not enough of an inventive for anybody to join campaigns other than GH unless it's during MYM and you can get lucky and hit 1M AP in an hour. I think all AP bonuses should be scrapped, and base AP needs to be tuned so that people looking to optimize AP gain can earn the equivalent of 500K gold/hr, and casual players up to 200K gold/hr, in order to match other gold farms.