Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 21
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Best way to light up the Grand Psijic Villa Main hall?

RapidUrsa
RapidUrsa
✭✭✭✭
I’ve started furnishing this house and the main hall is very dark! Any suggestions it light it up a little?
About Me
Xbox One - EU
Gamertag - RapidUrsa
Overall CP - 500

Best Answer

• katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I put some of the Redguard chandeliers with the 3 lanterns on them, sorry I forget the name and whenever I go to another tab to look this up I get logged out of the forums. I position them slightly above the upper floor to get the light down as far as possible. The Daedric chandelier is brighter as long as you are alright with the look of it.

I also have sconces on a lot of the pillars for that upper floor.

Typically I would use the Clockwork Canister lighting furnishing and imbed it in the ceiling for this type of thing, but the ceilings in this house are extremely high. It might work sinking it into the floor, hadn’t thought of it before but will have to try it.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Answer ✓
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How are you setting up the hall? For startes I'd put hanging braziers on the pillars (dealers choice on style), two braziers on the steps side of the platform. After thst depends on how you're decorating (Large tables down the middle? A king's court? Temple? etc).
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've also seen a few people have floating candles throughout.
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • chrisfeng
    chrisfeng
    ✭✭✭
    The brightest stuff you can try, would be culanda (warm) and varla (blue) stone (combine the two for bright white), beacon of tower zero (a bit warm), Azure Plasm Cage (blue with water waves).
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Typically I would use the Clockwork Canister lighting furnishing and imbed it in the ceiling for this type of thing, but the ceilings in this house are extremely high. It might work sinking it into the floor, hadn’t thought of it before but will have to try it.

A neat-o little trick is to stick them under the floor beneath another light source to make it look brighter.

Depending on your build, you could also use some of the tall lightposts which are meant to make a lot of light. Such as the Alinor or Leyawiin ones, for example.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use a combination of chandeliers (the hanging wedding lantern emits a gorgeous light), standing candles like the Alinor ones, and a few antiquity furnishings like the Silvenari Sap Stone. The trick is to put them close enough to the walls (or even behind as mentioned above) to brighten the walls. I had a few braziers but found the flickering flames a bit distracting, but then again that's really a question of taste.
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Umm elder scroll from pvp achievement vendor.. it like the sun!!!! soo bright i cant even use it at my place lol!
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    also vampire chandelier is super bright!
  • Mascen
    Mascen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Two words: Dwarven Sun.

Saw one the first time the other day and they are super bright, albeit rare.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is odd. I am sure that I was not the second poster and that two or three of the others posted first. No huge deal I guess, it just is not the order it was in yesterday when I read it.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The psijic watery orbs are another one, I put them where the arches converge to light the ceiling and then more normal lamps lower down, because floor and ceiling are lit your brain thinks the whole volume is.

And yeah, the dwemer sun lives up to its name
  • chrisfeng
    chrisfeng
    ✭✭✭
    I though dwarven sun was a bit too warm for that house. Psijic bubble and other blue enchanted light glitch a lot, where they literally just go dark, especially in large interiors.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Beacon of Tower Zero, sunk into pillars to mute the light output. It only takes four of them to light the entire area up brightly. I saw it done in a guild I used to be in and replicated it in my own, it’s amazingly effective for that big space.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    The Beacon of Tower Zero, sunk into pillars to mute the light output. It only takes four of them to light the entire area up brightly. I saw it done in a guild I used to be in and replicated it in my own, it’s amazingly effective for that big space.

That is a great idea! I definitely have to try that! The lighting would be at floor level or slightly higher if you like, which is better. I can leave the chandelier just for decorative purposes. Thanks for the idea!
    :)
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• TheS1X
    TheS1X
    ✭✭✭
    I designed 2 of those, one I did with inside garden with big trees and other one I designed as huge library with those big Alinor book thingys.