The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

No “Splash” Sound or Effect From the ‘Waterfall Fountain, Round’ Crown Crate Furnishing

Sachsen71
Sachsen71
✭✭✭
I didn’t know whether to put this in Bugs or Housing, but since it is a current Crown Crate item (and available in the Seals of Endeavor store at the moment), I thought this might be a good place for it.

I bought the ‘Waterfall Fountain, Round’ with seals today and was excited to put it in my house as it is a cool looking furnishing. I was rather disappointed to discover, however, that the “water” in the pool doesn’t act like water. Although the waterfall itself has a flowing water sound, when you jump in the pool… absolutely nothing happens. It’s rather immersion-breaking when there is no splash sound or animation. I didn’t know if there was a bug or just an oversight but that was pretty disappointing.

Should I tag some GMs about this? Never done that before so I hope I’m not out of line in doing so.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin
  • MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for a legendary furnishing I'd expect it to make noise.

The bat swarming fountain makes *too* much noise, so I'm surprised there wasn't a tad more effort put into this one.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If there's enough community buy-in, they might go back and update an asset. For example, last year there was feedback about the lack of lighting underneath the Sunflare Iron Wolf so they patched in the red glow.

In most cases however, they won't go back and update an asset unless the issue is particularly egregious.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on May 9, 2022 5:06PM
    PC NA
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh. I love splashing around in ESO ponds... I hope they patch it, I had my eye on that furnishing.
    Edited by BretonMage on May 11, 2022 10:03AM
  • wheresbes
    wheresbes
    ✭✭✭✭
    100% agree with OP, I was disappointed that there were no splashing sounds.

There are other fountains that act in this way, maybe there's a sort of limitation as in it's not actual water, but hopefully, it's something that can be fixed.