Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 21
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Does anyone who owns the Ravenhurst home have anything they dislike or regret about it?

TylerDurden
TylerDurden
✭✭✭
I have Mournoth keep and I like it but liking for something less dark. I don’t like the huge homes and want some sort of courtyard

Best Answers

• spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alinor and Gardner are both better choices in my opinion as their location is better.
    Answer ✓
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I love my Ravenhurst! I added extra floors upstairs to close it off which makes the upstairs much larger. I was able to put an alchemy lab in one alcove, desk and bookshelf in another, and bedroom set in the third. You can do so much with the backyard. Build a high patio so you can see the countryside. It's a lovely location and near a wayshrine.

Too bad the Ayleid stuff just passed in the Luxury furniture vendor, but embedding the yellow Culanda stones into the walls makes a more lit up candle light effect.
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
    Answer ✓
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Less dark can be done with additional lighting but if you just want a change, then Ravenhurst should suit you well. It's relatively close to a wayshrine so you can port to anything else you need that isn't located nearby. Before you buy that one, you might check out Gardner's too. It's the same basic floor plan only with a basement and a little more yard. The location is better in my opinion as well.

Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pros:
    1. 400 furnishing limit is near perfect density for Ravenhurst
    2. The window placement is mostly correct (interior matches exterior) unlike 95% of the houses in ESO
    Cons:
    • The fireplace logs can't be replaced
    • Muddy backyard
    • The 2 front doors are jarring
    • Less than ideal stair placement

That said, it was my first home and I still go back to visit. I like the little bedroom I built in the loft.

ugQcJzT.png

Getting ready for a night out.

cOtSrw5.png

Edited by SkaraMinoc on May 2, 2022 5:30PM
    PC NA
  • gameswithaspoon
    gameswithaspoon
    ✭✭✭

I made a tiny walk-in fish restaurant for one of the front doors, and tucked the bathroom under the stairs. I do still really love this house, it's one of the first I ever finished, and four years later I haven't torn it down.

ooy3jb0kumzk.png

I do recommend building a false floor for the courtyard so that you are lifted up enough to see the surrounding town.

a3rlphtrbaet.png
    Spoon-no-Soup Former Emperor Argonian Templar AD BWB
    Spoon-ware-Soup Former Emperor Argonian Stamplar AD Bahlokdaan
    Guild Leader Imperium of the Eagle Ravenwatch NA-PC
    Takes Drive-Thru Orders for This is a Wendy's.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a nice home, close to a Wayshrine. Fells Run is not a crowded city, so no loading delays. Decent Mat farming in the area. The only issue would be lack of close town services like a full service Bank and Crafting Writ turn ins. But, those are a quick Wayshrine away.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I do recommend building a false floor for the courtyard so that you are lifted up enough to see the surrounding town.

This is a great idea. Also really like adding extra flooring to the loft to create more square footage.

I haven't made any changes to my Ravenhurst in a very long time. I might have to go back and tweak it now.
    PC NA
  • TylerDurden
    TylerDurden
    ✭✭✭
    The Gardiner home is really nice but more expensive. I thought about saving up and getting the alinor house. It’s a bit bigger than I wanted but looks nice
  • bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭
    Giraffon wrote: »
    Less dark can be done with additional lighting but if you just want a change, then Ravenhurst should suit you well. It's relatively close to a wayshrine so you can port to anything else you need that isn't located nearby. Before you buy that one, you might check out Gardner's too. It's the same basic floor plan only with a basement and a little more yard. The location is better in my opinion as well.

This was a good suggestion. I've got it on my list as well now.
  • SpiritKitten
    SpiritKitten
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also built a raised deck in the courtyard. Great view of the waterfall and town.
  • maximusrex45
    maximusrex45
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have Mournoth keep and I like it but liking for something less dark. I don’t like the huge homes and want some sort of courtyard

There is a fairly easy to craft bright light, the Clockwork Illuminator Solitary Capsule: https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/clockwork-illuminator-solitary-capsule/ that I like to embed into the walls and/or ceilings of some of the older very dark houses to improve the interior brightness.

The Daedric Standing and Table Braziers and Chandelier lighting items also give off a lot of light and I like to use those where I don't want to hide the light source.

Vampiric Amber lights are also pretty easy to make and give good light as well, but the color can be slightly off-putting.

Ravenhurst is a nice simple house, as others have said it's biggest issue is being in a small town with no services. If that matters to you, the Gardner house is a similar style though slightly larger floorplan with a larger second floor and basement, and a nice yard space as well.
  • TylerDurden
    TylerDurden
    ✭✭✭
    I think I am gonna try to make some quick gold and grab the alinor crest. The terrace has a nice view and right in town
  • Tezzaa
    Tezzaa
    ✭✭✭
    I have the Ravenhurst and love it. I also have the Gardner home as well.
  • chrisfeng
    chrisfeng
    ✭✭✭
    If you want to stay at 300k price tag, sleek creek house is probably the best. Ranvenhurst is no less dark than Mournoth, the yard is also tiny.

If you want to go for 1mil house, Hunding's Palatial Hall is probably the best 1mil investment I made (I have water's edge, Alinor town house).
  • Sharktoes
    Sharktoes
    ✭✭✭
    With all the talk of houses, don't forget that houses you can buy with gold will be getting a discount during the Zenithar event! Wait until then to buy any (or all) of them!
  • TylerDurden
    TylerDurden
    ✭✭✭
    I sold some motifs and bought the alinor home today.
  • bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭
    Sharktoes wrote: »
    With all the talk of houses, don't forget that houses you can buy with gold will be getting a discount during the Zenithar event! Wait until then to buy any (or all) of them!

Thanks. I did not know that.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I originally bought Ravenhurst for my Orc's home but ended up doing a race change and moving her into Alinor Crest Townhouse. I still had all the Orc furnishings I didn't want to completely replace so I turned Ravenhurst into an Orc themed tavern called Mighty Orc Ales.

I considered expanding rooms on the top floor but felt this made to main floor feel too closed in with the lower ceilings. I have an elevated deck outside also that gives a great view of the surrounding town. I may add another deck on the other side of the courtyard.

I'm listed on the EHT community if anyone wants to check it out, or any of my other homes.
    PCNA
  • TylerDurden
    TylerDurden
    ✭✭✭
    I love the Alinor home, glad I was able to get it. I had to farm furnishing plans to decorate it. Still a work in progress
  • Mascen
    Mascen
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you want something with a courtyard, in a similar price range as Ravenhurst I wholly reccommend Domus Phrasticus. Only downside is you cant get rid of the shack thing in the back but the rest is great.

Honestly ZOS needs to add more medium and small homes. All we seem to get is either large/manor sized stuff or tiny apartments.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mascen wrote: »
    Honestly ZOS needs to add more medium and small homes. All we seem to get is either large/manor sized stuff or tiny apartments.

I completely agree. I've started decorating apartments as businesses, but some of my ideas need something larger than an apartment, but much smaller than an estate.

I recently placed a Medical Clinic in Black Vine Villa, which was the perfect size for this.

But the huge estates are just too big for most purposes.
    PCNA
  • Mascen
    Mascen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mascen wrote: »

I completely agree. I've started decorating apartments as businesses, but some of my ideas need something larger than an apartment, but much smaller than an estate.

I recently placed a Medical Clinic in Black Vine Villa, which was the perfect size for this.

But the huge estates are just too big for most purposes.

Hmm interesting idea. Some of my housing guildmates use their extra houses for yard sales and whatever else they can craft for a fee or mats. Usually its the big ones but I suppose I can use an apartment or two for that kind of business rather than just being a storage chest vault for excess furnishings.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Besides the Medical Clinic I also have a Massage Parlor, a Fortune Teller, a Bath and Reading Room, a Tavern, a Mountain Guest Lodge, a Museum with a Tea Garden and a Florist shop. It's really fun doing business and I have plans for more if I can find the right size places.
    PCNA