The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

alchemy need buff

deadtek
deadtek
✭✭
Alchemy, very big weak point of teso because all the means of obtaining the alchemical plants are awkward for example

1 / farm reagents in the tamriel regions for hours it is not profitable and very annoying to do when you do not spend a lot of time on the game, especially when you look at what you have picked up at the end and we find that we only picked 16 Corn Flowers in 3 hours

2 / bought the reagents in the guild shop, much, much too expensive, especially for new players it takes 80k the 200 Corn Flower and 40k the 200 Lady's Smock and 30k the 200 Water Hyacinth and 20k the 200 Lorkhan's Tears, It is thanks to this solution that many high level PVE PVE players where players with a large amount of gold can afford to buy this. It is a punitive system for a lot of players (beginners, or even high-spending players who buy praxis or pattern furniture, etc., or players who just want to play for 1 or 2 hours)

3 / the stone of Telvar to buy alchemical bags and very punitive too because in case of death you lose half of your stones so you stuff for hours you get killed by a player and you say goodbye to half of your winnings

4 / the alchemical tracking is a passable but very annoying solution because it takes time and a foolproof patient for the simple reason that you must first do the daily quests of artisans, after you teleport to the region indicated (you all know how long the loading times are) then you have to find the location of the locations (very annoying found when you don't know) and then you arrive there and you see that there are only reagents that you don't need.

A question necessarily arises, is it worth spending so much time in the end just making potions? And the answer is necessarily no

consequence of all these faults on the community:

forces players to create builds without alchemical potions, but with basic potions that lasts only 30 seconds so with a huge penalty because we have to play with spells that lose Dps, care, survival, resistance and a place of competence.

Forces players to spend at least 2 hours farming reagents or keeping gold coins to buy reagents

crafter potions bring a lot of very important bonuses for all the roles, playing without these potions discredits the role which you exert that has the consequence of making you send dungeons because you lack Dps of resistance of regeneration or care or even have a great disadvantage for Pvp and even give a good reason for not being caught in a raid

another of the consequences is to discourage the players because of all the problems written above and to take the game for a game or if you have neither gold nor much time you will not be able to do much

SOLUTION AND IMPORTANCE FOR PLAYERS

the importance of the alchemical potions is paramount (major sorcely, major brutality, major sauvagery, major prophecy, major all recovery, etc.) and should not be a constraint for the players because we consume a potion every 45 seconds and we do not should never ask myself, do I have any potions left in the inventory or in the bank. The potions should be unlimited Kasi consumables such as food and drinks which are consumed on average all the 1 hour

solution:

The retifs found in tamriel now contain ten different reagents in a single plant (resource) that is to say picked up a plant can give you 2 Corn Flower 2 Lady's Smock 2Water Hyacinth 2 Bugloss 2Columbine for example

All tamriel alchemists (pnj) sell the same alchemy bags as that of the imperial city in telvar except that they are now available for 500 gold and the special reagents of summerset and elswer are on sale for 1000 pieces gold and water bottles of all levels for 10 gold coins each and the same in alliance points 500, 1000, 10

the markings are now transformed into an alchemy crate which gives the same quantity of materials as the current markings

but the best way for me to remain a new passive skill like the kitchen supplier who would give 10 Lorkhan's Tears ,, 10 Lady's Smock, 10 Water Hyacinth 10 Bugloss for example by email and change of the passive which creates 4 potions and 16 poisons for that he now creates 12 potions and 48 poisons

new craftable set "the crazy harvester"

2 oj = 129 recover stam
3 oj = 4% sprint speed
4 days = 4% reduction in sprint cost
5 oj = you collected 40% of additional resource and if your weapons are sheathed the basic watches will not attack you (this effect cannot occur in trials, Arena dungeons and Pvp)

These are all i can offer i hope that develop them will at least look at these fixes
I apologize for the translation I am French and I still have a lot of trouble in English
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good ideas, farming flowers is incredibly dull, and potion prices are absurd. I don't know that it needs to jump to 10 reagents per node, even if it gave 3-4 of the plant harvested that would be a massive improvement (just like raw cloth, wood or ore).

I also really like the set idea, so that those dedicated to farming would be able to to build for more efficiency. It could even go as far as doubling the resources in a certain node type (maybe have different sets for each craft type so you have to pick 1-2 to focus on, like alchemy + smithing, or woodworking + clothing).
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Farming plants in starter areas such as Bal Foyen is easier. There are plenty in a small area. Also, there seems to be a common plant rotation where two or three plants are very common for a day or so and then it will change to a different set. So farming a bit every day helps.

Water Hyacinth is a pain. Pay attention to places you find it and check there every day.

Also farming and selling is one of the major ways to make gold, to change that something like it would need to be created to take its place.
    PS5/NA
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Farming plants in starter areas such as Bal Foyen is easier. There are plenty in a small area. Also, there seems to be a common plant rotation where two or three plants are very common for a day or so and then it will change to a different set. So farming a bit every day helps.

Water Hyacinth is a pain. Pay attention to places you find it and check there every day.

Also farming and selling is one of the major ways to make gold, to change that something like it would need to be created to take its place.

WH is pretty easy to farm. There are spots were only it spawns.

As for the rest I would actually like a node added to surveys for fungi and animal parts instead.

Selling the ingredients for gold is not a good idea. AP maybe, not gold. Or at least not at those prices. Gold is too easy to gain.

ZOS tried that with enchanting and look at how trading in that market is. If kuta, prismatic runes, or mundane runes didn't exist it would be a joke.

As for the set. Make it 25% and sheathed won't work as it's to easy to bring the weapons out. Don't know of a good alternative for that. But with Plentiful Harvest that 40% is too high. If you want to keep it you would need to give a % chance to proc that is reasonable.
  • buttaface
    buttaface
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alchemy is fine. A newbie accessible way to make good gold that I used years ago when I started and still use today. Most of the OP is misinformation due to lacking necessary context, not going to go through the wall piece by piece. And no, the ways of obtaining alchemy mats are not "awkward" at all, completely straightforward and simple as a matter of fact. Something ANY player at ANY level can make gold from is never "punitive."

No one is "forcing" anyone to buy 200 stacks of mats on a guild trader and no is "forcing" anyone to farm the nodes for hours at a time. The amounts of alchemy mats required to do the dailies take very little time to farm.

If you want to see less inflation and high prices for goods in this game, the first rational step would be a drastic NERF to daily writ assembly lines. It amazes me this has gone on so long, maybe they want the massive inflation, who knows?

Simple, limit accounts to 3 crafters per account doing dailies. That people are allowed to set up max character slot account after account of crafters doing daily writs is the source of the massive inflation on many platforms.