The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

An neat idea on how to solve gold issue on furniture while still having some grind.

Mr_Madness
Mr_Madness
✭✭✭
I always have an issue that I have so much crystals but not lot of gold to buy furniture that I need multiple of. So I created this neat idea.

If you have the existing furniture in your inventory that you need copies of, you can go to a transmute station and make copies of said furniture.

The price depends on the rarity and if it cost crowns. This will make people grind more random dungeons or quests for shards if they need more copies of certain furniture.

Also this would help people if they want another copy of a special furnishing from a limited pack but don't want to spend alot of crowns on a pack for 1 piece. You still need the furniture in your inventory to actually get a copy and the duplicate is bound to your account to prevent easy gold.

I would be doing random dungeons nonstop if this was added because it would save me gold but would be less of a hassle.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on May 9, 2022 8:48PM
  • zharkovian
    zharkovian
    ✭✭✭
    If that was ever a reality, the resulting copy would be bound.
  • Mr_Madness
    Mr_Madness
    ✭✭✭
    zharkovian wrote: »
    If that was ever a reality, the resulting copy would be bound.

That's the plan.

This function would be for those who love making houses but can't afford multiple copies.

Cost will be bit heavy mostly if its a legendary yellow from a pack so about 100 to 150 shards.

• SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Madness wrote: »
    ...This will make people grind more random dungeons or quests for shards if they need more copies of certain furniture...

Would this be in addition to the current system or in place of it? Either way I don't like the idea.

I don't grind random dungeons nor do I want to. I've learned a lot of furniture recipes on my main crafter that I either found or earned from daily quest coffers or purchased and that is how I craft my furnishings.

And how do you account for mats such as heartwood and special style materials such as shimmering sand when transmuting a furnishing?

If gold is a problem do daily writs and sell the crafting mats you get on a trader.
    Edited by SilverBride on May 9, 2022 8:27PM
    PCNA
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Housing section, as it is better suited there.

Thanks
    Staff Post
  • Mr_Madness
    Mr_Madness
    ✭✭✭
    ...This will make people grind more random dungeons or quests for shards if they need more copies of certain furniture...

Would this be in addition to the current system or in place of it? Either way I don't like the idea.

I don't grind random dungeons nor do I want to. I've learned a lot of furniture recipes on my main crafter that I either found or earned from daily quest coffers or purchased and that is how I craft my furnishings.

And how do you account for mats such as heartwood and special style materials such as shimmering sand when transmuting a furnishing?

If gold is a problem do daily writs and sell the crafting mats you get on a trader.

No one if forcing you to do dungeons. This is for people that have tons of shards but are more interested in furnishings or don't have enough gold or "REAL CASH" to buy furniture packs. Plus would be nice for people that do dungeons or activities that give shards but have no current use to switch traits or recon. Feels bad when you have to delete your shards just because you have all the gear you need already

This is also helpful for crafters if they lack certain materials for a while so they can just use transmute to copy furniture until they are able to get more materials. Also I like to point out not everything is craftable.

Lot of furnishings are not craftable like achivement furnishings and Crown furnishings while also special crown furnishing packs....like I already mentioned. Not everything is about crafting lol.

So overall, this system won't be a problem or disliked unless your a hardcore crafter. It's a simple system for those who can't craft or does not have enough gold but has alot of transmute crystals and 1 furnishing. Also will be nice for those who have all the gear traits and reconstructs they want but still want to use up their crystals.
    Edited by Mr_Madness on May 9, 2022 9:13PM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is also helpful for crafters if they lack certain materials for a while so they can just use transmute to copy furniture until they are able to get more materials. Also I like to point out not everything is craftable.

This woudn't be fair to those of us who craft furniture and have to farm or pay a lot of gold for the crafting mats, while those who transmute it get the same furnishings basically for free.

Achievement furniture and crown store only furnishings aren't meant to be crafted. Most achievement furnishings are usable in every house on the account anyway, so no need to reproduce those.

Also, furnishings that are acquired through the antiquity system are going to be purchasable in the future, as long as the player has learned the codex for the piece.
    PCNA
  • Mr_Madness
    Mr_Madness
    ✭✭✭

This woudn't be fair to those of us who craft furniture and have to farm or pay a lot of gold for the crafting mats, while those who transmute it get the same furnishings basically for free.

Achievement furniture and crown store only furnishings aren't meant to be crafted. Most achievement furnishings are usable in every house on the account anyway, so no need to reproduce those.

Also, furnishings that are acquired through the antiquity system are going to be purchasable in the future, as long as the player has learned the codex for the piece.

You sorta forget me mentioning that the Crystal pay out would be high. You only get few crystals per container and most likely making a furnishing copy would be 50 crystals or more depending the rarity. Crystals are not free because you have to earn them just like gold so it does not really matter actually.

Not everyone has tons of gold to waste away or real life money to spend on digital items. Having a system that allows people to make copy of furnishings will be exteremly helpful in many ways. The furniture will be bound so won't effect your "Crafting Economy".

Crystals are same thing as gold, you have to earn it. So it is actually fair but does not seem you actually think that for some reason. Heck, would probably be less of a hassle for you since would save you time if you have lot of crystals but not lot of time farming the mats, so you can use crystals until you can farm it.

Again, overall. This would be for people who "EARN" Crystals but don't have enough gold or mats to get it currently. The Price will be high and match the rarity of said furnishing. This would be amazing for those who don't want to buy them always with gold or crowns.

Ps, there is also [Non-Craftable] Furnishings like Luxary ones, Crown store packs, or Home Crown store.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't matter how many transmute crystals it takes. It would still be unfair to crafters who have to use expensive mats to make their furnishings.
    PCNA
  • Mr_Madness
    Mr_Madness
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't matter how many transmute crystals it takes. It would still be unfair to crafters who have to use expensive mats to make their furnishings.

No one is stopping them from crafting if that is what you implying.

Also this would also mean we could have copies of [NON-Craftables] Which for some reason you keep ignoring and just mainly focusing on Crafting which is not unfair.

Without eso plus you only get 500 crystals. Most likely the rarity will effect the cost so purple will most likely be 80.

Do the math and you can only do it 6 times total if you just want furnishings. Yellow would be 100 which will mean only 5 times. This is basically the same thing if you crafting something with rare materials and since you only get small amount of shards this is completely fair so idk what your talking about.

Gold and Shards are both currencies and are hard to get, So would make sense to have shards also be used to get furniture.

Lastly, what you keep forgetting. The Furniture would be bound so you can resell it anytime you want it unlike craftables so it won't make be "Unfair" to crafters
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand what you are proposing. I just don't agree that it would be a good thing.
    PCNA
  • Mr_Madness
    Mr_Madness
    ✭✭✭
    I understand what you are proposing. I just don't agree that it would be a good thing.

It would be but with restrictions.

Also can make it have less crystal cost if its a craftable and you know the blueprint so learning it is still beneficial sorta like the stickerbook.

Plus, very helpful with crown store furnishings or the special packs that have only have 1 or a few unique items you can't buy from the house editor and you have to pay another 20/50 bucks for it.

Like and example, Coldharbour arcanum. They have unique book cases but only a set amount and might not be enough for you home. Then the fact you can't get more on the house editor sucks. This is where the new copy mechanic comes in.