The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Best race and class for a triple character.

DigiAngel
DigiAngel
✭✭✭✭✭
So...sometimes I'm in Craglorn and there's a request for DPS/Tank/healer for a trial I'm wanting, but that character (for example healer) isn't the one I'm currently on. I know I can message..."hey add me as a friend", and then logout/login as the roll the team needs. However, I'm thinking of rolling one final character (will fill up my 8) as one that can play all rolls and just swap using Dressing Room for most ( 2 of the rolls would have to have close to the same cp point as I'm not willing to buy another armory slot ). First off...is this a good idea, or is there an easier way to be in the same instance when a request is made...because several times I've swapped characters only to never see the original person requesting again. Thoughts from you folks would be wonderful..thanks.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on May 9, 2022 9:58PM

Best Answers

• TPishek
    TPishek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit Warden does well for everything.
    Answer ✓
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Any class can DPS. Some classes have fewer healing and tanking skills, but they can technically all do it. Some are easier.

Based on that, I suggest a Dunmer Warden.

Healer: Wardens are great healers and fun to play, and race doesn't matter for healers outside of hardcore score-pushing trial runs.

DPS: Wardens might not be top DPS in parsing or the hardest trials, but they're not far behind and have a lot of utility and healing. I love my magwarden DPS and use it for everything—vSS portals, DLC hardmode, solo arenas.

Tank: Wardens make good tanks and have great ult gen. They have the two things that make tanking easiest: A big self-heal based on Max Health, and AoE crowd control.

The second pick would be Necro, which is a bit higher in DPS and utility, but I personally don't like their crowd control options.

Templar are great healers and amazing DPS, but lack some tanking skills.

Any class can do all 3 roles, but IMO necro and warden have the best spread of role-related skills and have to rely less on out-of-class skills. If you have another class you prefer, go for it! What's fun is what really matters, I just find it fun to have role-related skills on healers and tanks : P
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
    Answer ✓
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any class can DPS. Some classes have fewer healing and tanking skills, but they can technically all do it. Some are easier.
    Based on that, I suggest a Dunmer Warden.
    I have a character who can perform a triple role, and Dunmer (Dark Elf) Warden is what I chose as well.
    Answer ✓
  • Kisakee
    Kisakee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a very tricky task at best.

First: I do play main Tank, second Healer and third DD. I cleared all raids on vet and all Craglorn raids + HoF on hard mode in multiple roles so i'm somewhat experienced.

Second: Your request is impossible. Tanks use the lower tree in blue CP's, Healer top left and DD's head and top right so in no way you can use the same CP's for two roles on another build.

Next is that most races used for dealing damage are mediocre to top notch for Healer builds but below average on tanks at best. Yes, you can play everything as a tank but a Nord will always outclass an Altmer for tank builds and vice versa.

For classes it's actaully pretty easy: Necro. You can't go wrong there either way but it's hard to master as a DD.

So at least you will need a third armory slot to fill your CP needs for maximum effect. You can go the Tank / Healer hybrid way though but that's nothing for High End raids.

So is it possible? Yes, at least somewhat. But you'll always miss out on something one way or the other.
    "I don't know who you are, but i will find you and i will rob you." - Liam Thiefsson
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for these...sadly the 1500 for another slot is per character :( Might have to bite the bullet and just make a character ( I bought necro thankfully ) and go that route.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Players Helping Players section, as it is better suited there.

Thanks
    Staff Post