The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

With New Hardware, and an Essentially Lag-Free Cyro on PC -- does that mean new PVP content?

thesarahandcompany
thesarahandcompany
✭✭✭✭
I'm just curious.

The underlying issue for why there's been no new PvP content for years is that the issues in Cyro need fixed.

If that's the case, it's now lag-free in Cyro on PC, does that mean new content? If so, how and when would we expect something? And not this alleged BG tournament that a streamer has appropriated from other players and apparently been in talks about with ZOS/devs.
Sarahandcompany
She/Her/Hers
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ehhh… let’s see how long it lasts first. Yes, skills are now actually firing off… but lots of people have regular disconnects now.
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil is not lag free after the server rework. It's better, but it's far from lag free. Disconnects seem to be more prevalent as well, not less. Skills still don't fire reliably and bar swapping is still a significant issue during larger battles. It's better, but it's far from fixed to a state of functional that it was a few years ago.

It's too early to make any judgements anyway. We have to see how things go over the next couple weeks to months to know if there is any significant improvement.

The first thing they need to do now though is up the radically lowered population cap in cyrodiil. That is the next step before new content. 80/faction is just WAY too low of a population cap for the three banners war.
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How about we get this magic bullet fix on EU? ;( Unacceptable!
    EU | PC
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    From what I have seen ESO has not been able to monetize PvP and that is the biggest holdup for creating new PvP content. Investors want to see good ROCE for all investments.
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    From what I have seen ESO has not been able to monetize PvP and that is the biggest holdup for creating new PvP content. Investors want to see good ROCE for all investments.

It's a myth and not factually supported that PvP'rs don't financially support the game. Almost every PvP player has most of the shinies from the crown store, many different mounts, many different costumes and everything else.

PvP is PvE plus a ton more time and money investment into the game.

And, ZOS is not a company with investors any longer. (THANK GOD!) The board of directors does not exist anymore. (THANK GOD!) It's just under microsoft management now. We never would have seen the server being reworked if it were still up to the ZOS bean counters I don't think.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almost certainly not.

The hardware has helped get most of us back to playability after slashing the population caps and group size from where Cyrodiil was at even a few years ago.

The rearchitecture has to happen if ZOS wants to bring Cyrodiil back to what it was, and there's not going to be any new content until after the rearchitecture is done.
  • NotTaylorSwift
    NotTaylorSwift
    ✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »

It's a myth and not factually supported that PvP'rs don't financially support the game. Almost every PvP player has most of the shinies from the crown store, many different mounts, many different costumes and everything else.

PvP is PvE plus a ton more time and money investment into the game.

And, ZOS is not a company with investors any longer. (THANK GOD!) The board of directors does not exist anymore. (THANK GOD!) It's just under microsoft management now. We never would have seen the server being reworked if it were still up to the ZOS bean counters I don't think.

agree... I've definitely spent my fair share on the crown store :lol: not to mention alliance changes and race changes... gotta chase the meta sometimes... and I really cannot be bothered to put the time into leveling new characters to playability at a competative level in cyrodiil. Not to mention skill lines and such...