The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Sorry for another returning player post.

Cholik
Cholik
Soul Shriven
I know there's probably lots of these i did however look at a few on the main page to see if they were similar to mine, but unfortunately they wasn't. I am thinking about giving this game another try as i don't have a lot of money for new games and my pc died 2 months ago. I played this game with a friend of mine as well as some old destiny friends when this game first launched on console. When i logged in i have two characters one was a level 50 breton templar with resto staves on both bars and somehow i have 34 for champion skill points not sure that was a thing back in the day and i also have a 32 imperial dragonknight with sword and shield on both bars. My skills have been completely reset and i have no clue what to do with either. My friend isn't going to be returning at all. so going straight healing with a templar seems like a bad idea.

Should i just start over? i don't really remember the story and im sure a lot has changed. My completely dead guild that we all made way back is full of crafting stuff, so i could possibly make some kind of gear on my templar for a new imperial or dark elf dk. I'm hoping i can get into the game again and really grind it out.

Lastly if i can get into it and find an active guild all i own is the very base game. I have the option to upgrade to blackwood or high isles. Will one of those upgrades give me all the other expansions between base and those or would i be better off just buying one of the collections?
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back!

The game will be quite different from how you remember, so I suggest start a new character. There is a level-up rewards system that will remind you of the various game systems, and give you some nice rewards. Levelling up is quicker than it was.

The guild finder makes it easy to try out guilds, and lots of guilds pride themselves on welcoming new/returning players.

The dlc upgrade system is confusion, so fortunately there are dozens of threads you can look up (especially on Reddit), but basically just read the description carefully. Most upgrades don't include everything.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • Cholik
    Cholik
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the reply i did infact start a new character. So far i am having a blast, the story feels new to me. well technically it is because i chose EP and the character from before were both AD. I decided to try a beginner stamina dk from alcast.

Havent messed with any of the social systems yet but i did find a guild on the forums. Nice to see people online lol.

Yeah i agree, ill definitely do my research before i buy anything. Id hate to buy something and it ends up missing a lot of what i need.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Withr egards to what to buy, as you only have the base game (which now comes with morrowind free) you are better off buying a collection rather than an upgrade. High Isle comes out in June, so I personally would go for that, as you will have loads to keep you going until then
    Soupy twist