The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Cannot select resolution

theril.andrewsb14a_ESO
theril.andrewsb14a_ESO
Soul Shriven
Cannot scroll through available resolutions within client. Appears to be blank, tried both fullscreen, windowed, and bearderless windowed still does not allow resolutions. Using new M1 Pro MacBook Pro any suggestions?
  • Alvalanna
    Alvalanna
    Cannot scroll through available resolutions within client. Appears to be blank, tried both fullscreen, windowed, and bearderless windowed still does not allow resolutions. Using new M1 Pro MacBook Pro any suggestions?

On my M1 iMac, the resolution dropdown is enabled only on Fullscreen. I see multiple choices and can change the resolution using my mouse to select one.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @theril.andrewsb14a_ESO

Could you provide a screenshot showing your options screen?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Svartulv
    Svartulv
    ✭✭✭
    Having the same issue on my M1 Macbook Pro. In Fullscreen mode the resolution dropdown is just empty. I am able to click on it, but the list is empty. In windowed and borderless fullscreen modes the dropdown is inactive, so it's impossible to even click on it.

0obmaro1xt62.png
    Edited by Svartulv on April 27, 2022 8:04PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Svartulv

One reason this may be happening is due to an add-on. We have two help articles linked below that go over how to uninstall or remove add-ons that you're currently using.
    Staff Post
  • Svartulv
    Svartulv
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Bill, thanks for reply.

My ESO installation on this Mac is a fresh one, I have no addons and I've never had them on this specific machine. Anyway, I followed the steps described in the links you posted, and the issue is still there.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Svartulv

Another step to try is backing up then deleting your usersettings file so that ESO can recreate the file. This file is normally located at ~/Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live/UserSettings.txt
    Staff Post
  • Svartulv
    Svartulv
    ✭✭✭
    Tried that too, @ZOS_Bill, and that didn't help either. I'm pretty sure the root cause is somewhere inside the game client rather than my laptop or my ESO setup, so it would be awesome to pass the issue along to the dev team.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Svartulv

Thanks for letting us know removing the usersetting file did not help. At this point we recommend opening a ticket with customer support.
    Staff Post