The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Crystal Weapon needs a rework

Hescrow
Hescrow
✭✭
Hello,

Due to patch 33 and the impossibility to stack with imbue weapon, crystal weapon for stamsorc needs a rework.

I think crystal weapon should be a buff giving us 4 stacks for example to land LA or HA.

Fully charged HA should also double damage of crystal weapon with burst heal as a reward to succeed it.

With that we have balance with strong burst AND heal from dk templars and others.
  • Lapin_Logic
    Lapin_Logic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crystal Weapon and the Psiijic spamable should be altered to prevent you from spam casting it without ever using it.

They are the worst spamables for flow and should be given the "Blastbones" treatment or be made a toggle that will fire once per second on light attack with 1 second cooldown
    Edited by Lapin_Logic on March 23, 2022 11:56PM
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crystal Weapon and the Psiijic spamable should be altered to prevent you from spam casting it without ever using it.

They are the worst spamables for flow and should be given the "Blastbones" treatment or be made a toggle that will fire once per second on light attack with 1 second cooldown

I disagree, Crystal Weapon and Elemental Weapon are two of the smoothest abilities in the game to weave. Blastbones is a clunky mess with inconsistent timing and a mind of its own.
  • Hescrow
    Hescrow
    ✭✭

I disagree, Crystal Weapon and Elemental Weapon are two of the smoothest abilities in the game to weave. Blastbones is a clunky mess with inconsistent timing and a mind of its own.

Animation of those skills are too long for an instant skill. And now pairing those skills are impossible.

Like I said in the topic title, crystal weapon needs a rework for balance purpose as stamsorc are barely good especially in PvP.
  • Draevik
    Draevik
    ✭✭✭

You know how easy it is to whiff completely on a swing with Crystal/Imbued weapon. In PVP they are a nightmare to use on any melee build. I have tried so many times. The only good use for Crystal weapon is a stackable burst skill. In PVE i NEVER use it. Other spammables are far better. Flurry decimates the DPS of it and is way smoother.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Draevik wrote: »

You know how easy it is to whiff completely on a swing with Crystal/Imbued weapon. In PVP they are a nightmare to use on any melee build. I have tried so many times. The only good use for Crystal weapon is a stackable burst skill. In PVE i NEVER use it. Other spammables are far better. Flurry decimates the DPS of it and is way smoother.

I'll agree that melee light attacks can be tough to land in PVP. Players are fast and unpredictable, especially with lag. That makes these skills relatively weak unless you have a ranged weapon or stationary enemy.

In PVE Crystal Weapon is in a good place. The highest Iron Atro parse on logs for this patch uses it as their spammable, and this applies just as well to stationary trial bosses like the dragons in Sunspire. It also provides a nice armor debuff for groups, as more players shift from light armor to medium and need a way to reach the penetration cap.

https://www.esologs.com/reports/yzHa8cVqBAbkwZGh#fight=1&type=damage-done&source=1

If anything, Flurry could use a buff. Dual wield front bar has been meta for a long time, and I can't remember the last time I saw anyone using this as their spammable in any serious content. Maybe on stamDK back before the vMA dagger nerf?
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on March 24, 2022 6:48PM
  • Hescrow
    Hescrow
    ✭✭
    Draevik wrote: »

I'll agree that melee light attacks can be tough to land in PVP. Players are fast and unpredictable, especially with lag. That makes these skills relatively weak unless you have a ranged weapon or stationary enemy.

In PVE Crystal Weapon is in a good place. The highest Iron Atro parse on logs for this patch uses it as their spammable, and this applies just as well to stationary trial bosses like the dragons in Sunspire. It also provides a nice armor debuff for groups, as more players shift from light armor to medium and need a way to reach the penetration cap.

https://www.esologs.com/reports/yzHa8cVqBAbkwZGh#fight=1&type=damage-done&source=1

If anything, Flurry could use a buff. Dual wield front bar has been meta for a long time, and I can't remember the last time I saw anyone using this as their spammable in any serious content. Maybe on stamDK back before the vMA dagger nerf?

Forgot to mention that this topic complains for PvP content only.

PvE it is ok as spammable because mobs dont move around you like players dancers lol
    Edited by Hescrow on March 25, 2022 3:50PM
  • tenryuta
    tenryuta
    ✭✭✭

ill take an imbue toggle for 69,000,000... and ya the crystal bits on the tip of my massive sword too.... and changing the visual of crystal to cover the whole weapon(used it once last year, and was like, "nope, imbue for life")
  • SnazzleFraggle
    Yeah, Crystal weapon is...kinda unwieldy to use, even without the ability to stack it with imbue weapon.(or crushing weapon morph) Honestly, I think there are two ways that would be good to have it re-done:
    1) On activation, swing speed is increased by up to 40%(Starts probably at 25% at the lowest level) and for 4 seconds light attacks deal extra damage and debuff the target's armor by 1k.(Although because it's not turning off on the -NEXT- light attack, the extra damage should likely be lesser than what it is now.)
    2)Crystal weapon keeps the cast time, but is faster that Crystal Fragments, (Probably something like a 0.4 seconds or so cast time) and strikes the target with your weapon/shoots a crystal imbued arrow at the target/casts a crystal imbued with fire/ice/lightning at the target, and does it's usual damage, along with knocking off 1k of armor off of the target for 4 seconds.(Maybe slightly increased damage here..? Maybe, maybe not)
  • Hescrow
    Hescrow
    ✭✭
    In PvE this skill does the job but prefer to use another spammable especially from two handed with Shield.

In PvP crystal weapon in close combat is a joke as players dance around you. Only bow can be good.
    But comparing to health regen from magplar and magdk skills, it is still a joke.
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hescrow wrote: »
    In PvP crystal weapon in close combat is a joke as players dance around you. Only bow can be good.

Frankly as soon as you hit any kind of lag it's not that great with a bow either. I use it in low pop but as soon as things liven up usually dump it and just run silver shards. Which is saying something.

Honestly, I wish they'd just drop the ele weapon reskin approach and give us a proper spammable. Something ranged would be ideal but I'll take what i can get.
  • Hescrow
    Hescrow
    ✭✭
    Larcomar wrote: »

Frankly as soon as you hit any kind of lag it's not that great with a bow either. I use it in low pop but as soon as things liven up usually dump it and just run silver shards. Which is saying something.

Honestly, I wish they'd just drop the ele weapon reskin approach and give us a proper spammable. Something ranged would be ideal but I'll take what i can get.

Yeah lags don't help as well lol.

Minimum rework would be at least fast animation really instant and not 1 sec AND health regen.
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is kind of weird that one class in particular can sort of lose out on a guild spammable simply because it could have been stacked with a similar class skill.

Seems to me the more they try to standardize stuff the more they need to create exception rules like Vampires' Mist Form in PvE and now an exception rule for Crystal Weapon and Imbue Weapon. Despite their efforts to make the game more standardized and intuitive, they seem to be creating more arbitrary balancing rules as of late.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Melee light attacks have always been impossible for me in pvp. I don’t think that should be considered as part of the problem. And personally I love crystal weapon. I wouldn’t call it a spammable honestly… when I use it as such I cast it after my light attack not before. I find that works a lot better. Or I pre buff with it and use it as burst— which is what I actually think it is, and why I like it.

Example: I cast curse on a target. LA ani cancel into endless fury. Cast crystal weapon. LA ani cancel into streak.

Yes there is that one awkward moment in my rotation where no damage is being done and I can see why this would be bad for over. For pvp though? It all lines up.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can’t edit…. Meant to say I can see why it’s bad for pve.
  • Hescrow
    Hescrow
    ✭✭
    You cannot cancel ani crystal weapon with LA which is another issue.

This skill has to be rework completly in order to fit the class needs in PvP especially in melee.

For me here are the following Big problems:
    1- animation too slow
    2- not a spammable skill but also not a buff...
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    i've been using crystal weapon as a spammble on my magsorc this patch and i love it. the only thing i don't like is that i can't block cast it.
    Forgot to mention that this topic complains for PvP content only.

PvE it is ok as spammable because mobs dont move around you like players dancers lol

you might be complaining from a PvP perspective only, but your suggestions need to keep in mind that PvE exists.

like this is literally the worst idea i've ever heard and would make the skills unusable in PvE.
  • Norith_Gilheart_Flail
    Norith_Gilheart_Flail
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bad in PVP? What a joke! Hahaha
  • Hescrow
    Hescrow
    ✭✭

With bow or ranged it is ok but not in melee like 2h
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I disagree, it slaps on melee pvp but only with another spam-able to lock on. It has it purpose.
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • Hescrow
    Hescrow
    ✭✭

I disagree, it slaps on melee pvp but only with another spam-able to lock on. It has it purpose.

With Dizzy which is not instant and add some lags you Can wait to land it. Most of the Times you cannot lock on
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All i wanted was for sorcerer to have a spammable like surprise attack. Fast, smooth, perfect.

Unfurtunaly...

I hate this skill.
    I wanted a spammable for my stam sorce since 2018 and when i saw this skill i felt like crying.
    I am not joking
    I use rapid strikes on my sorcerer.

Using this skill in trials makes me skip light attacks constantly.
    Edited by francesinhalover on April 6, 2022 3:05AM
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • Hescrow
    Hescrow
    ✭✭
    All i wanted was for sorcerer to have a spammable like surprise attack. Fast, smooth, perfect.

Unfurtunaly...

I hate this skill.
    I wanted a spammable for my stam sorce since 2018 and when i saw this skill i felt like crying.
    I am not joking
    I use rapid strikes on my sorcerer.

Using this skill in trials makes me skip light attacks constantly.

It is almost skip also in PvP which is worst as players move around you normal but not mobs.

That's why I opened this topic to call ZOS to rework revamp rethink completly this skill.

Stamsorc is a fast class so it needs a fast spammable and efficient skill for burst with sustain heal.

It will fit the identity of this class.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not a bad skill for pvp, it's not bad for melee either, it's acutally kinda perfect the way it is. It's basically a 2 in 1 skill, delayed burst and spammable depending on how you use it. It can be tricky to use as a spammable in melee, it takes a lot of practice if you're not great at light attack weaving or deal with ping a lot, but it's too late to change it from it's current state. It's a staple of stam sorcs now.

Sorc is 1 of the only setups that can land 2 delayed burst skills at the same time. Aka Haunting Curse and Crystal Weapon. This is where a lot of the power comes from, lining up burst. Thats always been mag sorcs thing, but now stam sorcs are in the same ball park.

I'm willing to admit I did not like it when it released 3 years ago or so, I wanted something more traditional like NBs Veiled Strike. It takes some getting use to.

It pairs well with Haunting Curse, but it also pairs well with Dizzy Swing or Whirling Blades.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Hescrow
    Hescrow
    ✭✭
    It's not a bad skill for pvp, it's not bad for melee either, it's acutally kinda perfect the way it is. It's basically a 2 in 1 skill, delayed burst and spammable depending on how you use it. It can be tricky to use as a spammable in melee, it takes a lot of practice if you're not great at light attack weaving or deal with ping a lot, but it's too late to change it from it's current state. It's a staple of stam sorcs now.

Sorc is 1 of the only setups that can land 2 delayed burst skills at the same time. Aka Haunting Curse and Crystal Weapon. This is where a lot of the power comes from, lining up burst. Thats always been mag sorcs thing, but now stam sorcs are in the same ball park.

I'm willing to admit I did not like it when it released 3 years ago or so, I wanted something more traditional like NBs Veiled Strike. It takes some getting use to.

It pairs well with Haunting Curse, but it also pairs well with Dizzy Swing or Whirling Blades.

Sorry but lags from server perf and this skill is a nightmare. Cannot be compared with curse at all.
    Only skills with instant and enemy target are good for PvP. And Big AOE as lags ping destroy hit boxes
  • Kahnak
    Kahnak
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This skill has to be rework completly in order to fit the class needs in PvP especially in melee.

1- animation too slow

You can absolutely animation cancel this skill. You're just not doing it correctly. Abilities using the same animations have been BIS spammables since Summerset.
    Tombstone Reads: "Forgot to get good"
  • Hescrow
    Hescrow
    ✭✭
    Kahnak wrote: »

1- animation too slow

You can absolutely animation cancel this skill. You're just not doing it correctly. Abilities using the same animations have been BIS spammables since Summerset.

I said you cannot cancel crystal weapon animation with LA. Not with other things like bar swapping or block for example. But it is useless here.
  • Hescrow
    Hescrow
    ✭✭
    Update 34 says that this skill tends to be a toggle and not a spammable.
    It is not that we asked lool.
    You miss One LA to Land it with lag so try again! Ah miss again...
  • Hescrow
    Hescrow
    ✭✭
    At least grant for same duration Empower buff.