Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

How many days would it take ?

Ashnarug
Ashnarug
✭✭✭
I want to do the "Ascending Doubt" with a Khajiit Ranger who has not yet completed his Alliance quest. He hasn't found any wayshrines outside Valenwood yet. He is starting the voyage on Loredas, 26 Rain's Hand 2e582.

Gamewise I just need to talk to Captain Jenassa and she will take me to Vivec City. But I want to know timewise how long the trip would take. I was thinking 2 weeks, what do you all think ? Two weeks would make me arrive on Vvardenfell on Sundas, 11 Second Seed 2e582 ...

How long would it take him to go from Elden Root through Reaper's March, into Cyrodiil via the Western Elsweyr Gate then into Stonefalls at the Southern Morrowind Gate. To Ebonheart and Vivec City by boat.
Edited by Ashnarug on April 14, 2022 10:47PM
During the afternoon of Loredas, 6 Sun’s Dawn 2e578 a big piece of Aetherius fell to Nirn. It was the first major piece of Aetherius to fall on Nirn in more than five hundred years. It scattered around the world as millions of shards. It was rapidly documented by Lady Cinnabar of Taneth in her pamphlet Aetherial Fragments that "... when three shards meet, they re-form into a silvery prism by unknown process and confer the power unlocked by the merger to a nearby being." The Order of the Black Worm, commonly known as the Worm Cult, reappeared in Tamriel shortly thereafter and some of its members are avidly searching said shards.
In the last week of First Seed 2e579, an arcane explosion occurred in the Imperial City — a night of storms, and trembling terrain. They named it the "Soulburst". That day Emperor Varen Aquilarios disappeared without a trace. His wife, Clivia Tharn, ascended to the Ruby Throne as Empress Regent under the guidance of the Necromancer Mannimarco. Ushering a time of increased instability within the Empire of Cyrodiil which finally grew into “The Three Banners War”.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't enter or leave Cyrodiil through other Alliances gates, only your own. If you want to actually make the journey in the game you'll need to go around Cyrodiil (which makes sense, it's an active war zone).

If I remember correctly you can go from Reapers March to Northern Elsweyr, then into Blackwood, then Murkmire, Shadowfen and north into Stonefalls. Or you can take a boat from any major coastal city to Vvardenfell which would go around the coast.

In real time it wouldn't take long to go overland unless you're going at walking speed the whole way or get very lost.

If you mean how long it would take for RP purposes I'd say a few weeks at least, depending on what happens along the way.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Ashnarug
    Ashnarug
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it was for RP purposes. So I took your advice and ...

I tried it with a newbie toon just starting the "Fit to Rule" quest as a level 37 (thanks to the Anniversary Event). I checked with Meleras and the Orrery Ceremony is scheduled for 9 Mid Year 2e582. That's almost 2 months away. There's ample time for me to assist Jakarn on his secret mission and return to Grahtwood and locate his three "missing elements".

Elden Root to Cormount → Ne Quin-al (Northern Elsweyr) at the Valenwood Gate → Blackwood at the Borderwatch Gate → Shadowfen (Chid-Moska Ruins Gate to Stormhold) → Deshaan (Deepcrag Den Gate to Serkamora) → Stonefalls at the Varanis Gate to Davon's Watch, where Captain Jenassa brought us to Seyda Neen.

The voyage took 3 weeks (game time → Middas, 16 Rain's Hand 2e582 to Tirdas 6 Second Seed 2e582) without doing any sidetrips and locating 19 wayshrines along the way on the continent. In real time it took me 70 minutes.
    Edited by Ashnarug on April 20, 2022 8:40AM
    During the afternoon of Loredas, 6 Sun’s Dawn 2e578 a big piece of Aetherius fell to Nirn. It was the first major piece of Aetherius to fall on Nirn in more than five hundred years. It scattered around the world as millions of shards. It was rapidly documented by Lady Cinnabar of Taneth in her pamphlet Aetherial Fragments that "... when three shards meet, they re-form into a silvery prism by unknown process and confer the power unlocked by the merger to a nearby being." The Order of the Black Worm, commonly known as the Worm Cult, reappeared in Tamriel shortly thereafter and some of its members are avidly searching said shards.
    In the last week of First Seed 2e579, an arcane explosion occurred in the Imperial City — a night of storms, and trembling terrain. They named it the "Soulburst". That day Emperor Varen Aquilarios disappeared without a trace. His wife, Clivia Tharn, ascended to the Ruby Throne as Empress Regent under the guidance of the Necromancer Mannimarco. Ushering a time of increased instability within the Empire of Cyrodiil which finally grew into “The Three Banners War”.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every once in a while, I see a player just walking through the zones, seemingly with no particular place to go. I get jealous. I make my characters run everywhere. They all complain about sore feet and knees.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"