The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Bastian don't like when I make... TEA???

• xXSilverDragonXx
    xXSilverDragonXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why on earth did they make these companions such fussy little children who literally cannot cope with you doing something that may not suit them personally, like cooking with cheese or catching a torchbug?
    I mean really, this sort of stuff is the kind of response an emotionally immature person would have. Are the companions adults or no?

Question in return:
    Why on earth are some ESO players such fussy little children who literally cannot cope with some harmless little flavour point of an ingame companion?

Cook a cheese meal (usually done once in 3 days, tops), or catch a butterfly/torchbug by accident. Rapport goes down by 1. In words: ONE. Click at the next bookshelf you come across, any bookshelf, and the rapport is back to what it was. Bookshelves are everywhere, so you don't even have to go out of your way.

So there is no need to put a companion away "to do basic things". And even if there was - having them on quickslot makes that a thing of a few seconds.

I can cope with it just fine. It doesn't actually bother me. But I am capable of recognizing emotionally immature behavior.

How much it goes down in not the point. The point is that they designed these companions to be triggered enough to cause them to have less rapport with you at all over such stupid things.

Maybe save the snide comments. It also comes off as emotionally immature.
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bastian is kind of annoying, I can’t wait for the new companions. My pickpocket thief can have a companion finally

This one can’t wait to adventure alongside Ember as well.

This one suspects Bastian deliberately stands in the red circle 🔴 to die, just to spite Sammy and his plans for a cheese shop (with Bastian as the shopkeep :p ).
    Edited by SammyKhajit on May 2, 2022 6:35AM
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DagenHawk wrote: »
    TwinLamps wrote: »
    Bastian is product od irl 21st century and it shows

I am a firm believer that Bastian was purposely made to be disliked.

it's cringey

I like him and don't find him cringey.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • guarstompemoji
    guarstompemoji
    ✭✭✭✭
    DagenHawk wrote: »
    TwinLamps wrote: »
    Bastian is product od irl 21st century and it shows

I am a firm believer that Bastian was purposely made to be disliked.

it's cringey

I like him and don't find him cringey.

Pretty much this, yeah. The cheese thing is pretty in line with what I run into with people who are die-hard about steak or meat, or for whom cilantro tastes like soap, and so on. "Cilantro?" *flinch! memory of soap-taste!*

...and so on. A -1 is a flinch, not the end of the world. It's the same levels as a +1 which is, awesome! Books!

His behavior's well-done. How he responds to the character going after smaller game is somewhat in line with what you'd expect from someone raised among higher-nobles, with a fox-hunting habit.
    Edited by guarstompemoji on May 2, 2022 6:59AM
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    But think of it this way: if he is indeed lactose intolerant but then has cheese, then you might have to de-summon him anyway :tongue:

This is actually a pretty good explanation of his rapport reduction tbh. It's not that he's intolerant of you cooking with cheese, he's assuming he'll have to eat it.
    Edited by BretonMage on May 2, 2022 7:37AM
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BretonMage wrote: »
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    But think of it this way: if he is indeed lactose intolerant but then has cheese, then you might have to de-summon him anyway :tongue:

This is actually a pretty good explanation of his rapport reduction tbh. It's not that he's intolerant of you cooking with cheese, he's assuming he'll have to eat it.

Yeah. Companions respond as if they're likely to be eating with you when you make stuff in front of them. He probably also gagging/flinching at the smell, because it has an aroma and for him it brings nothing good.

-1 rapport is supposed to be their pet peeves/them having a unpleasant time with you. It's not enough rapport to actually alter your relationship with them as they change opinions in stages of rapport loss. Bastian at 100/100 rapport still has the same opinion of you as Bastian at 99/100 rapport.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on May 2, 2022 5:08PM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care if Bastian likes me or not and I've stopped dismissing him to loot theive's troves. As long as he tanks well, which he does, that's all I want from him.
    PCNA
  • Blinx
    Blinx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got his keepsake, so now I just do whatever in front of him, I don't need his approval, if he doesn't like it, he can just leave.
  • Mythgard1967
    Mythgard1967
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why on earth did they make these companions such fussy little children who literally cannot cope with you doing something that may not suit them personally, like cooking with cheese or catching a torchbug?

I mean really, this sort of stuff is the kind of response an emotionally immature person would have. Are the companions adults or no?

Cheese is horrifying vomit inducing and unpleasant. Cooking with it is worse....depending on the cheese.....some are tolerable.....the smell....yegads. </shudder> </twitch>

I would rather smell brussel sprouts cooked in spaghettios than smell cooking cheese. Mozzerella is fine...though not sure thats really a cheese...but some of the strong cheeses???? </vomit>