Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should Defile be buffed since healing is being over tuned on purpose ?

WeylandLabs
WeylandLabs
✭✭✭✭✭
Since Defile is the only way to combat the insane healing that is coming should it be buffed by ?

Exempt : Templars as they have built in tools to help them counter all negative effects in the game, make them uncounterable and the only thing to kill them is 7k+ burst DPS.

Should Defile be buffed since healing is being over tuned on purpose ? 24 votes

Major and minor buff by a flat amount 5% for both ?
29%
Ankael07WeylandLabsSEINTDARKNESpropertyOfUndefinedSuligosttaugrimVizir 7 votes
Major Buff 4% minor buff 6%
0%
Major buff 6% minor buff 8%
12%
RhaveinxHotguy6packSupershutze 3 votes
Defile rework % should scale on how much HP regen you have
4%
starlizard70ub17_ESO 1 vote
Defile rework % should scale on resistances
4%
DaggersKid 1 vote
Bring back 2015 Fassallas
4%
geonsocal 1 vote
Bring back 2017 Duroks bane
4%
IncultaWolf 1 vote
Add a CP tree for Defile % increase !
16%
NemeliomExtinct_Solo_PlayerWyrd88MachineGod 4 votes
I hate defile and should be useless forever as I only 1v1 in ESO
25%
OminerYakidafiVarisVarisAlchimiste1divnyixDeusEJRx 6 votes
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't vote because my specific opinion is that they should add more sources of defile as a way of buffing it. What sources of major defile even are there? I haven't used defile since they took it off reverberating bash.
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    I didn't vote because my specific opinion is that they should add more sources of defile as a way of buffing it. What sources of major defile even are there? I haven't used defile since they took it off reverberating bash.

glxtogmmlj34.png
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If they buff the healing debuffs they'll buff the healing buffs. They like to keep the 2 the same, same with vulnerability and protection.
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP5 wrote: »
    If they buff the healing debuffs they'll buff the healing buffs. They like to keep the 2 the same, same with vulnerability and protection.

Its already getting buffed by nerfing damage in cp
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It isn't being touched, and unless ZOS breaks tradition with the buffs and debuffs having the same value any change to one will change the other, just wanted to say.
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't think buffing defiles will fix it, considering half of classes can just purge it off anyways. Necro and Warden have a virtually no cost purge(necro purge being like 1.9k cost means nothing when ghost heals for more than that) and Templars heal for a lot at the same time as they purge.

It will honestly only prove to be ineffective. In my opinion having defiles will only be useful in small scale fights, like 1v1s or situations where you VASTLY outnumber the enemy. Like 20 vs 2, but in that case the 20 people were gonna win regardless.

Plus I doubt people can maintain defile buff in a fight enough to make it useful, if you have a small window of burst I doubt you can effectively defile an enemy consistently enough to gimp their healing until they die.

I only see large groups in PVP using defile well because more people = more people defiling and higher uptime on defile meaning their healing is gonna be worse for more extended periods.
    Making the disparity between larger and smaller groups worse than it is already.

I think the most logical answer to healing should be rework healing
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • WordsOfPower
    WordsOfPower
    ✭✭✭
    Healing should not scale off of damage. That's the solution. Not defile.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why do the choices not answer the question? It is a yes or no question. There is not even an answer for no. I hate defile is not a not really a no answer so the poll will not even provide anything for Zenimax to consider worthy.

• YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am REALLY annoyed by non-round values so I would buff Major Defile to 20% and Minor Defile to 10%.
  • mmtaniac
    mmtaniac
    ✭✭✭✭
    Healing should scale from magicka and stamina only ,like on healing sets.
    Edited by mmtaniac on April 27, 2022 11:20AM
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Increasing numbers on buffs/debuffs only favours organized groups that utilize all the useful named buffs/debuffs once.

We don't want to increase the power of organized groups, we want to reduce it.
    Remove stacking of heals with the same name, including ground heals.
    Let all the heal effects be on the ground and on the player, but only strongest heal to do the healing.

That will remove the biggest issue with group PvP, but we should also address the question of heals being stronger than damage in 1v1. Heals should be reduced by battle spirit overall.
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    divnyi wrote: »
    Increasing numbers on buffs/debuffs only favours organized groups that utilize all the useful named buffs/debuffs once.

Let all the heal effects be on the ground and on the player, but only strongest heal to do the healing.

That will remove the biggest issue with group PvP, but we should also address the question of heals being stronger than damage in 1v1. Heals should be reduced by battle spirit overall.

That's the funny thing... Ballgroups are already powerful ZOS cant and will never nerf them because its apart of the base game abused mechanics. So they leave it alone- simple !

That's exactly why I make unkillable players !

At the same time there should be an option in 1v1's with CP and non CP defile is weak right now with all of the healing resources in CP and even non CP. There has to be counters to healing in the game or the entire game will be pointless in builds and just exploit ignorance.

If you hate defile id suggest stop playing the meta 24/7...
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Actually, buffing Defiles and Heal Absorption (especially if you made some of them un-Purgeable) would help a loosely organized zerg combat the better organized groups - but, of course, you have to dump some serious damage on them in the meantime and be able to hold them in place with CC.

I really do not understand why ZOS doesn't do more with the Heal Absorption mechanic. It should be both strongly buffed as well as added to many more in-game sources. Yes, organized groups would use them, too (every tool will be used by them if the tool is good), but it would still be a strong mechanic to punish hard-stacking.
  • Alchimiste1
    Alchimiste1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually, buffing Defiles and Heal Absorption (especially if you made some of them un-Purgeable) would help a loosely organized zerg combat the better organized groups - but, of course, you have to dump some serious damage on them in the meantime and be able to hold them in place with CC.

I really do not understand why ZOS doesn't do more with the Heal Absorption mechanic. It should be both strongly buffed as well as added to many more in-game sources. Yes, organized groups would use them, too (every tool will be used by them if the tool is good), but it would still be a strong mechanic to punish hard-stacking.

this is wrong, divnyi has it right. Buffing defiles really only helps the larger groups who don't need any help as they will already have more than enough heals or access to purges.
  • Alchimiste1
    Alchimiste1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    personally, I think hots should only apply to yourself. Burst heals you can throw to teammates.

or at the very least the healing you receive from teammate should be drastically scaled down, I think they already have a modifier for healing received too.
  • Silversmith
    Silversmith
    ✭✭✭
    Buffing Defile doesn't fix cross heal spam from Radiating Regeneration and Echoing Vigor because every Damage Dealer is now a Healer on the backbar.

Making Healing scale with damage is one of the worst ideas I've ever seen in an mmorpg.