Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 21
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

NEW HOUSING IDEAS? Zos makes $$$

VvwvenomwvV
VvwvenomwvV
✭✭✭✭
Hello, I don't know if this idea has ever been mentioned before, but I would love to see it happen, and it would help Zos make more money!

I would like to see Zos allow us to have different versions of the same house we bought that we could load into, and set as our primary.

It would kinda be like how they have armory, or style slots that you can switch for your character, but for your house. Zos could sell those extra slots just the same! You would go into your housing menu and select which version you want to set for that house.

Many people have purchased many houses over the years, and have already decorated those houses, and we will occasionally change stuff up, but much of it will remain the same. I know personally I don't like to make major changes to my old houses. To me, it's kinda like making a painting, then going back years later and putting a mustache on someone. It just doesn't feel right.

I believe this would give a huge amount of replay ( redecorating ) value to housing.

Imagine how many people would buy different items, furniture packs, etc, to put in different versions of their house...

I would love to go back to many of my old houses with a blank slate and redecorate it with up to date items. The reason I don't is because I have a lot already invested in the original setup, and have made things that just simply cannot be redone.

Aside from this idea, I understand there are many other wishes for housing such as increased slots, master sets for attunable crafting stations, and being able to allow people to visit any house you've purchased and set to "view" ( view would be a housing menu change ) and would allow you to visit more than just their primary.

They could put some of these housing changes with Eso+ to help encourage people to get Eso+.

If they put the multi-version house idea into the game, people could select a version of the house they want to see as well. You might have the same house setup ten different ways....

About Master attunables, Zos could sell master attunables in the Crown store, and allow them to be purchased in-game with writs.

It would be awesome if you had a master type of each station you could feed your attunables into and then select from a list when on that table. This would help a lot with room. 700 item capacity is simply not enough. Attunables take up a lot of room, some houses simply will not work as a guild hall. Then on the other hand, some houses are so large, it's nearly impossible to fill them. It's either too little or too much.

I have another proposal for in the meantime, please make attunable crafting stations have their own section that doesn't count towards the 700 limit. It could just be called crafting, and set the number high for it. That would seem like a fast and easy fix that would help both types of housing players get what they want.

Some people want the master crafting tables not only because of item capacity limit, but also because of physical room the regular attunabls take up, others however like seeing all of the tables spread out. Having both master attunables, and putting attunables into their own category so they don't affect the 700 limit. This should make everyone happy.

Anyway, it's just a thought. What do you all think? Would you like to have some of these things in the game?

[edited for minor bashing]
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on May 1, 2022 8:51PM
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For housing it may be more complicated for the game to manage this vs what the armory does as furnishing placement is very specific which would increase the date file size stored on the server.

Additionally, it would need to be the same furnishings since that is all stored in our homes or inventory which prevents super major changes if Zenimax did try to do this.

There is an addon that I think does similar but again, the furniture has to be in the home or available inventory. Maybe check out Housing Essentails.

Good luck. It is a good idea. I just think there are technical challenges.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Housing section, as it is better suited there.

Thanks
    Staff Post