The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Xbox NA Ravenwatch

OBJnoob
OBJnoob
✭✭✭✭✭
If there was a thread for this it was truly buried so, forgive me…

I know there’s a few of us here, maybe more.

Just wanted to say I’ve been having fun lately wondering if anyone else is enjoying it too. I’m sure Ravenwatch is dead for most of the day as it’s always been but my play time from like 9 to 12 at night, eastern time zone, has been poppin lately.

Not sure on the rules about naming players or guilds, even if it’s not to be mean, so I won’t for now but red has got some serious numbers now. Two bars is a lot in Ravenwatch and they’ve touched it at their peak for a couple nights in a row. But to their credit I wouldn’t say they are zerging I’d say it’s more like 3 12man groups. Borderline ballgrouping around, fighting a 12 man that I’m in, and not normally traveling around with each other.

Anyway… with the advantage of being on defense, our yellow group has managed some really amazing ongoing defenses, for length of time against greater odds and emporers if not for actual success at the end.

Yellow normally has a bar+ and blue seems to be doing a little something something up there… wish I knew more about it from that perspective… yellow v red though? An epic grudge match that I hope lasts forever lol.
  • CaperGuy
    CaperGuy
    ✭✭✭
    Defense ticks are always a great way to get AP for sure, and big defenses are super fun. I share your opinion in the other thread that siege shouldn't be as out-healable as it is now whether that means that healing should be balanced down or siege damage improved.

As far as Xbox NA Ravenwatch, I do know that I get a bit weary of fighting the same players day in day out without variety. I definitely share your hope that there will be more players coming in and staying. I had hoped that this would happen after Midyear as it did other years but not so much this year. I'm not sure if it was Elden Ring, if it was the no proc or no-cp ruleset, or if the PvP playerbase is just smaller now.

Often when I see you on the opposite side of the field I'm like 'It's OBJ Noob! He's a good guy. He should come red!" :)

Characters:

Trivalaur - Breton Templar(Healer)
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol @CaperGuy when I first started playing like 4 years ago I made a yellow by sheer happenstance, and quickly learned about "spies" and all that paranoid crap. So I bought any race any alliance and only made yellows after that. Campaign loyalty has never meant much to me personally I just wanted to avoid the drama.

Funny that 3 years later most of the "big" or "good" yellow guilds switched colors out of boredom. And now I'm all alone! Lol too lazy to make a new character. Oh well, its not boring to be yellow currently.

I definitely do get tired of fighting the same players but at the same time its sorta a source of pride. You hear bad things sometimes here on the forums about no cp or console in general. But we've got a hardcore group in rsvenwatch brother. I'd like to see these streamers come to where we play and x.

Xbox na rsvenwatch is high MMR cyrodiil. There aren't a lot of scrubs there. If you show up there and have success for two hours in a row you're either pretty darn good or pvdooring in off hours lol.
  • CaperGuy
    CaperGuy
    ✭✭✭
    I think I’d agree with it seeming high MMR in Ravenwatch. When I occasionally see familiar Ravenwatch names in a BG or Imp City or CP Cyro I typically know who to play off of (or who to be careful fighting :p ).

There’s definitely a fair share of stupid drama in Ravenwatch lately though. That’s a bummer. Rumours of people getting DDoS’d, mass reporting players to try and get people banned, all kinds of BS that has nothing to do with why we’re all supposed to be in there which is to play this awesome game and have fun. Ah well. I’ve been in there years before most of the current toxic folks, and I’ll more than likely still be in there well after they either get bored and leave or banned. I’m just there to get some good fights, theorycraft new builds and play styles and stuff and collect AP.
    Characters:

• Bigmatt2
    Bigmatt2
    ✭✭✭
    I concur, I've been really enjoying myself in Ravenwatch Xbox NA this campaign. The fights have been really good and I'm slowly getting better and have been getting several "GG" messages after a good fight win or lose.

I'm sure I've hit you multiple times with my jabs there OBJ.

Keep on fighting and I'm sure I'll see you out there.

Cheers
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh good another one of us!! Yes I know your name matt I'm surprised you don't remember mine I've been hit with your jabs more than a few times lol.

Who knows what the heck happened last night between red and blue at arrius and kingscrest? Blue had just gotten emp and us yellows were thinking our night was gonna suck. But instead... The blue emp group spent an hour fighting the red zerg, I'm assuming, while my yellow group pvdoored the entire emp circle. Poor guy had emp for like 47 minutes.
  • Bigmatt2
    Bigmatt2
    ✭✭✭
    That must of been shortly after I logged off for the night. Blue had just gotten emp and then we took back Farg. My guildies must of went over to Arrius to get that back and that is where they must of stayed.

Always fun out there.
  • Mankeyyyyy
    Mankeyyyyy
    ✭✭
    Hmmm I may have to check it out then. Hopefully not all ballgroups
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I heard of a Mankey... Seen him before in rsvenwatch, a long time ago. Got (had,) a reputation as bring a very very good magsorc... Is that you? Cuz if so stay wherever you are now LOL.

It might've been a bold statement to claim that we're high MMR... There are definitely the lesser skilled around, its just that really, you're lucky to find them. Mostly there's one guild (call it a ball group if you want but there's no procs and I assure you we aren't "that" organized,) for each color. I might offend someone here but ima go ahead and give my opinion... Red has numbers, winning campaign, ranked 3rd for best ball group when they have their best squad on. Yellow has 2nd numbers, wins campaign occasionally, and when they (we,) have our best squad together we miiight be the best "ball group" around. Blue... Hardly ever on, not many of them, best individual players, occasionally puts together dominant groups... Last in campaign always lol.

If you disagree feel free to say so it'd be a good source of discussion. I will caveat that yellow isn't much when my guild leader isn't on. I'm only calling it the "ball group" when noisum is leading.
  • CaperGuy
    CaperGuy
    ✭✭✭
    There is more than one guild but the major day to day Ravenwatch players are definitely from a handful of guilds only. I’m not gonna comment on ‘which ball group is ranked better’ because it’s completely irrelevant to me as well as it’s super subjective.

I and the guildies in the small social guild that I’m in go in there to have fun and to have a laugh in our guild chat day to day. I occasionally also muck about solo sometimes, testing out builds and sets and such.

I’m always hoping that there will be more new gamertags though that’ll come in.
    It’s way more exciting to fight someone that you have no idea what they’re about to throw at you compared to a guy and his normal cronies you’ve fought 500 times and already have a good idea of the outcome before you even start.
    Characters:

• OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Super subjective, agreed. My group has wiped to every other group worth mentioning. I honestly just wanted to cheap shoutout my guild leader I don’t talk to him a whole lot per se but he sure seems awful good. He’s like 4 guys anyway, and half the time he’s got emp so that doesn’t hurt lol. When he and a handful of us, I hope I’m included in that handful, are on… I just feel like we kick butt. But feelings are feelings lol.
  • Bigmatt2
    Bigmatt2
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone talks about Ball Groups, but nobody talks about BigMatt's Pirate Brigade. LOL

We're just a bunch of swashbucklers looking for bounty; AP Bounty.
  • CaperGuy
    CaperGuy
    ✭✭✭
    Yarr!
    Characters:

• OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’d been a little boring there for a while… glad to have some good fun last night with the campaign reset. Ggs all.

Man Zos needs to do something about boosters it’s ridiculous that this form of blatant and obvious cheating isn’t policed in some way.
  • CaperGuy
    CaperGuy
    ✭✭✭
    I’m on Atlantic Time so I often miss out on some of the good battles in the evening. It seems lots of AD seem to come on right as or just after I’ve gone to bed. :pensive:

I agree about boosters. It’s unfortunate that the AP earning system can be abused the way it can since there are a lot of honest, hard working PvPers that would love to get their emperor achievement but I don’t see it changing in the short term.
    Characters:

• Bigmatt2
    Bigmatt2
    ✭✭✭
    Ya, those were some good fights. Had some good ones tonight as well, but we (red) were outnumbered. Makes it rough at times.

The boosters are annoying. At least they've dropping the campaign. It just makes it hard on the people who can't be in Cyro 8+ hours a day. They are the ones hoping to get their EMP title shortly after the campaign resets only to get boosted passed.
  • CaperGuy
    CaperGuy
    ✭✭✭
    I’m interested to see how the next campaign goes with the introduction High Isle and the Oakensoul ring. Regardless of the balance, I hope we get more bodies in Ravenwatch on all 3 Alliances consistently. I popped into Blackreach briefly yesterday and it was absolute Mayhem with reds, yellows, blues everywhere. I want some of that for RW. :)
    Characters:

• OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah agreed. It’s been really boring lately… my guild has been in BR because of it which only makes it worse. I had an experience like two days ago that pretty much illustrates the problem from my perspective….

Log on… gated by red. Take a few resources, link up with some random yellows, start pvdooring the home keeps. Take vlast and crops… kill a red or two along the way, hooray. Notice that one of our yellow scrolls is at BRK. Go to get it. Flag BRK. Get surprise backdoor by 8 blue you-know-who members.

I think it’s kind of amusing that a certain guild that thinks they’re elite (they ARE really good but not noticeably better than any other factions main group if they ever get on,) used to be yellow— changed colors because yellow was dominating and they wanted a challenge and/or to revive the campaign, but now basically have become the blue scourge that will avoid taking their own keeps back in order to travel to the opposite side of the map and obliterate any pug forces trying to have fun. They almost always have superior numbers and will not hesitate to Zerg down a single player. Which is fine… but not the reputation I thought they wanted to have, equally unhealthy for the campaign as it had been before, and kinda unchivalrous since, as an ex-member myself, I would expect a certain amount of friendly recognition. The occasional 1v1 chance. The occasional ‘gg’ whisper. I think for the most part the core rw players share a certain intangible respect system. You, MVP, GVBanker, freshprince, Piru pilipino… bigmatt… the only people that don’t are in the guild I just ranted about.

Anyway… Caper my Caper… that was a pretty disgusting heavy attack build you were on the other day. 35k heavy attacks? On a sorc? In no proc? HMMMM LOL. I like it.
  • CaperGuy
    CaperGuy
    ✭✭✭
    Oh uh…yeah sorry about that lol. I just figured after months and months of all my builds being tanky brawlers that feel similar I needed a character or two that could just erase something, and that Oakensoul Ring made it …. even more potent. Every time I see you @OBJnoob I’m like “We need to get Noob in Misfits on red!” :)

Here’s the Heavy Attack Build btw. I don’t care, I’ll share any Build I have with anyone. https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=449998
    Characters:

• OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh it’s a DK that makes more sense. Someone I was grouped with said you were a sorc I think…

I was running an oakensoul stamdk for a day or two, so I’m not hating on your build. I’m just out there having fun with it. Gonna slap oakensoul on a different toon to try and get tier 3 one more time before campaign resets.

I mean I’m pretty competitive I wasn’t totally HAPPY when you got me (not the first or the second time LOL,) but when I checked my recap I did smile.

My brawly magnb I been playin this campaign already has tier 3… maybe I’ll try bombing with a stamblade instead. I’m like you I think I wanna try something high damage.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldnt be opposed to playing red, I’ve never been one of those people. I’m stingy with my money and crowns though I’m not thrilled with the idea of buying an alliance change but at this point I might have to. I started being ‘yellow only’ because like 4 years ago everybody was hyper paranoid about spies and I wanted to avoid the drama. Now, ironically, I’m the only yellow left LOL.
  • Bigmatt2
    Bigmatt2
    ✭✭✭
    I need to get that ring before they nerf it to the ground.
  • CaperGuy
    CaperGuy
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I never got a chance at messing with Hrothgar’s before it got nerfed whatever patch that was so I’m making the most of some gank/damage one bar builds. I’m even experimenting with a bomber, just for nostalgia purposes. :)
    Characters:

• CaperGuy
    CaperGuy
    ✭✭✭
    This campaign has been pretty much a dead campaign / bust balance/population wise at least for the past week. I really hope the upcoming Whitestrakes Mayhem breathes some life into it. I much prefer no cp Cyrodiil.

Tbh I wasn’t expecting both The Nobles and Swag to disappear, and even if Swag disappeared they weren’t the only blues.

Whitestrakes will save us! …. Hopefully.
    Characters:

• OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Matt: yeah the ring is legit… me personally I don’t think the ring is as op as most other people do. But it’s legit. I bet you could make an insane Templar with it. Dks obviously work great.

Caper: SO dead bro. Like deader than this thread LOL. I stay gettin 3v1d at my home keep resources. Got bagged last night by someone that has no business bagging me. And then sometimes I’ll align with the pugs if there are any… we’ll make some headway and eventually the red emp shows up with about 3 other people that actually know what they’re doing and they stomp my 6 other puggies, myself included sadly normally saved for last… an embarrassing experience to be quite honest. And then at like midnight when even the reds have logged off some Nobles show up like “do we have double xp in rw?” Meh.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well it’s been a change of pace lately for sure… we’ve been zerging poor Matt down for a couple nights in a row. Where have all the reds gone? See that’s what’s bothersome it’s like we can’t get out core group on at the same times lol. Which is weird I know I can’t be the only person that plays the same game, in the same place, almost every night for the same 3 hours. I’m pretty sure that’s what you DO with games like this… unless of course you’re blessed with enough time to play more LOL.

Anyway Caper you missed it like half of my regular group got on red last night, grouped with Matt, and we dueled around for quite a while. That’s the first time I ever actually spoke to you I just realized.
  • CaperGuy
    CaperGuy
    ✭✭✭
    The majority of the time that I’m in there I am solo and might group up…if I feel like it. Lately when I’ve been looking at the map during the day it’s been pretty dead, and so I’ve been doing other things like trying my hand at Skyrim on Legendary difficulty + survival mode, or picking away at some PvE dungeons / character build tweaks.

Other times it’s either ramping up just as I’m going to bed (Atlantic Time bites me sometimes) or the Alliance balance is annoying one way or the other with no new faces. I wanna see new faces, see some tri-fights, see some smaller skirmishes happening! :)
    Characters:

• CaperGuy
    CaperGuy
    ✭✭✭
    The population/balance in Ravenwatch Xbox NA is crap right now. Swag and DC’d like disappeared a few campaigns ago. EP is mostly non-existent now, it’s like… Big Matt and MVP, sometimes Ms De, maybe a few random others from time to time vs all of Nobles on AD and when misfits do throw a few guildies together to have a bit of fun and take a few things for some AP, maybe try to get in some small skirmishes we get the super sweaty Oakensoul cheese squads or sweaty comp groups with multiple healers, or if we win a fight then we can pretty much expect AD numbers to exponentially grow immediately after. Blue I don’t really know. They had some people last campaign but so far this one it seems to be some DK sweats, possibly also Oakensoul comp groups or something, not sure.

All of that is all well and good I guess because this is a war and war is not supposed to be fair, but I simply wish there were exponentially more and new people in RW of all colours. I’m sick of fighting against the same gamertags when I do go in there, and there’s very rarely anyone new for any significant length of time. That is probably part of why I’ve mostly sat out the last couple of campaigns. That and non-PvP reasons like making a bunch of new toons on my second account :)

As much as I don’t mind no proc Cyrodiil, some days I wonder if bringing procs back would stimulate some population growth other than the same old boring names.

Edited by CaperGuy on September 2, 2022 7:01PM
    Characters:

• OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ravenwatch has been dead for as long as I can remember. Long before the no process thing. What did it used to be called, sotha sil? It was dead.

But still your point is taken. Trust me I don't love having nobody to fight or zerging the same brave souls down over and over either. Its been very boring for me too lately.

Last night blue had a nice "ball group" going fighting us Nobles. They were good. Don't even know who some of them are... Pewpewkyle?? Lol he was good though. Anyway I'm hoping they're back tonight but... Yeah, seems like EE stopped showing up and reds been dead forever. I feel bad. I remember times when it was like that on yellow. Its terribly unfun and unfair.
  • CaperGuy
    CaperGuy
    ✭✭✭
    Sotha Sil, Bahlokdaan (sp?) and Ravenwatch. It’s had its moments over the years. It’s not always been dead, but does go through cycles.

Yes, EE switched their main campaign. From what I understand on EP it’s literally just the small number of Island of Misfit Toys folks that PvP, with like… Big Matt, Fresh Prince sometimes, Pilipino sometimes…. probably a few others… nothing sweaty and organized, just some decent humans trying to have some laughs and some fun and not take the damn game too seriously.

In the past though, even there was a faction imbalance, if there were no single fights because it was all sweat groups and the other side was zerging I could mess about on my bomber or something, but that’s simply less effective in no proc. It’s tricky to fight multiple people in RW without tower kiting which is probably the most annoying playstyle to me to both play and to fight, even if I know it is technically effective.

Also the cross healing in the game is now so strong since the patch where they gave everyone the extra 1000 base weapon and Spell damage that there’s not always a lot of incentive to defend a keep solo, since it can be very tricky to get even one kill even with oils and cold fire so you can waste a lot of siege just trying to get a D-Tick to give a reason to be there to no avail. I mean I could use the Oakensoul Heavy Attack DK Build if I really wanted to but that’s a one trick pony, gets boring and is about to be obliterated anyway. Maybe the game will give me some D-ticks if I repair a wall segment or two along the way.

I can’t speak for others but I abhor boosting, and I do not participate in AP train stuff that is seen in midyear either. Any AP that I earn is made honestly and it almost all goes to buying items for giving to guildies / for stickerbook.

At the end of the day I’ll adapt though. There’s still a laundry list of eventual build ideas that I have. I’ve been having some occasional fun in BGs too and while I’ve been resisting and being stubborn for years, I suppose I could dip into cp a bit more often.

Characters:

• Bigmatt2
    Bigmatt2
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry guys, it pained me to leave RW. I'll be back, but Caper's points are valid. It's hard to do much of anything in RW if you are on red right now. I was getting too frustrated, because of the lack of numbers on red.

Here is how things would unfold. Log in, AD has the entire map+scrolls. Run over to KC or Farg, start flipping a resource flag only to get it halfway flipped. Boom, 2 NB's gank me and I'm dead almost instantly. Kill feed would be Lethal Arrow, Lethal Arrow, Toxic Barrage, Surprise Attack, Dizzy Swing (from the other NB). Then I would run all the way over to DragonClaw knowing AD would have to run all the way up there or use a keep recall. I would be able to flip 1 resource up there, but never a second one.

Then try and group up with people and try to get our home keeps back. Same NB's defending, which I started labeling as the "group killers", because when they are done ganking my group, my group disbands out of frustrating, so I'm back to being a solo player.

I've never been toxic to people in this game, but I started finding myself creeping towards the toxic line and that is when I decided that I needed to take a step back.

I wish EE never switched campaigns, but alas they did. I've been spending about 1 hr a night in blackreach, but it's not the same. It's just 1 big battle ground. The map is secondary for witch we never push it. We just go to where the fights are.