Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I have a dream….

Cooperharley
Cooperharley
✭✭✭✭✭
Where we could earn mounts and pets in game through gameplay (outside of seals of endeavor). That is all :)

I.e. rare dungeon drops, trial drops, WB drops, delve boss drops, antiquity system mounts, more achievements tied to mounts and pets rather than dyes and titles

Oh and a collection system where you’re rewarded for collecting them :)
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are some pets and mounts you can earn. Example: Razak's Wheel public dungeon gives you a little dwarven spider pet, and I think Sunspire trial gives a very very cool mount (which I will never have... oh well).
    PC-EU
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back when the game was mandatory subscription model like FF14 and WoW, sure. They just weren't popular enough to continue with that trend, so in order to make a profit and keep the game afloat they switched to optional subscription model with benefits and pushed heavily in a cash shop.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

We have recently removed some unnecessary back and forth from this thread. This is a reminder to keep the discussion civil and constructive. Please keep our Community Rules in mind moving forward.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Funny you should say that. I recently played the game and got the dwarven steampunk wolf mount and a dwemer spider pet by doing just that.
  • Gaeliannas
    Gaeliannas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iselin wrote: »
    Funny you should say that. I recently played the game and got the dwarven steampunk wolf mount and a dwemer spider pet by doing just that.

And how long did it take you to get that mount, and how many different systems in the game did you have to engage in to do so? The OP has a very valid point, since in every single MMO except ESO offers skins, mounts, emotes, etc... that can all be earned in game via normal gameplay. FFXIV's "crown store" has almost nothing in it, but it is way more successful IP than ESO. So much so they actually halted game sales for months until they could upgrade their servers to handle the load, as opposed to the players experiencing horrible performance.

And seriously, pointing out a couple things you can actually earn in game, versus the thousands of items in the crown store you can't, seems a bit disingenuous.
    Edited by Gaeliannas on May 1, 2022 1:32AM
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gaeliannas wrote: »

And how long did it take you to get that mount, and how many different systems in the game did you have to engage in to do so? The OP has a very valid point, since in every single MMO except ESO offers skins, mounts, emotes, etc... that can all be earned in game via normal gameplay. FFXIV's "crown store" has almost nothing in it, but it is way more successful IP than ESO. So much so they actually halted game sales for months until they could upgrade their servers to handle the load, as opposed to the players experiencing horrible performance.

And seriously, pointing out a couple things you can actually earn in game, versus the thousands of items in the crown store you can't, seems a bit disingenuous.

FF14 is a sub only game. They shouldn't even have a cash shop at all.

As to how long it took me and how many systems I engaged... what difference does that make? The purpose of games is to play them not to hit a pinata with a stick and get showered with participation trophies.

The wolf mount specifically took getting 17 leads all over Tamriel to get it. That long grind and process that I did over a period of weeks felt that much more satisfying because it wasn't easy.
    Edited by Iselin on May 1, 2022 1:53AM
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

As to how long it took me and how many systems I engaged... what difference does that make? The purpose of games is to play them not to hit a pinata with a stick and get showered with participation trophies.

The wolf mount specifically took getting 17 leads all over Tamriel to get it. That long grind and process that I did over a period of weeks felt that much more satisfying because it wasn't easy.
    Agreed, I felt the same sense of accomplishment recently, when I finally levelled up my scrying and excavation to 7, then got all the parts for the Ring of the Pale Order. I definitely earned that ring.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    vsrs_au wrote: »

Agreed, I felt the same sense of accomplishment recently, when I finally levelled up my scrying and excavation to 7, then got all the parts for the Ring of the Pale Order. I definitely earned that ring.

Yeah that was my first target after leveling it up. Very nice solo ring.

The wolf mount took some thinking before I committed to getting it. I had gotten 5 or 6 leads in the course of just doing dungeons and other things but grinding 12 more felt like a daunting task.

What convinced me was seeing someone riding one and IMO, it's a better looking mount than the apex rewards one that tend to be just too gaudy for my taste. Also Dwemer steampunk :)