The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Aurora Javelin IV

Zama666
Zama666
✭✭✭✭
Hello,

Help me understand something, please

When using Aurora Javelin IV, Piercing Javelin Morph, it says
Hurl your spear at an enemy with godlike strength, dealing 3720 Magic Damage and knocking them back 8 meters. This ability ignores the enemy's Resistances and cannot be blocked.

On combat metrics I see it said:

DPS Damage Crits/Hits Crits Avg Max
290 2941 1/2 50% 1470 1741

If it ignore resistances, shouldn't I be doing a minimum of 3720 at the shortest distance? Then up to 40% more at the max distance?

Tanks,
Z6
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It ignores blocking, as well as physical and spell resistance, but is still affected by other sources of mitigation. This could be Minor/Major Protection, defensive CP's, sets like Buffer of the Swift, etc. It may also be caused by your damage output getting reduced by things like Battle Spirit, Minor/Major Maim or effects like weakening.
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tanks @WrathOfInnos

Would Oblivion Damage (UNRESISTABLE DAMAGE Weapon Glyph) behave the same way?

Z6
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    next to burning folks down with the jesus beam and/or soul assualt - trolling folks with the knockback (sadly only 22 meters :'( ) of the javelin is one of the most fun things in pvp...

knocking people off towers/bridges/walls/rocks/whatever is especially gratifying...

particularly good also is nailing one of them bunny hoppers, mid-jump...

even if it did zero damage, I'd still wanna slot it...

Edit: I'm kind of glad it's such a weak skill, it's annoying getting hit with the javelin...I'm glad more folks don't slot it...
    Edited by geonsocal on April 30, 2022 11:13PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place