The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Character Creation Save Slots

Vuskuldein
Vuskuldein
✭✭
I get so fed up with having to pre-design a character on the pts, take a screenshot of all the slider positions and then position it all correctly on the live server. I would love there to be the option to save templates. Would anyone else find this useful and do you think there's a chance ZoS may ever implement it?
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doubt it. There's a reason why the lighting sucks in the character creation screen, so that in-game things don't look quite right making you either delete/recreate or spend crowns on an appearance change token.

Also the voice sample, the one voice sample they intentionally omit from the character screen you'll most likely hear in-game is the mount sprint yell. Once in-game and you hear something that may grate your ears (one of the bosmer voice is ear shattering) gets you to pay for an appearance change token just to change the voice!
    Edited by phaneub17_ESO on April 29, 2022 10:42PM
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am close to getting an appearance change token just for the voice... I race changed from Breton to High Elf a while back and assumed the voice would be the same. It wasn't, and I hate it.
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to be able to save a character face/body template.

It would also be great if we could just change our characters free for the first 24 hours after we make them. Let's face it, nobody is going to buy an appearance change token for a character you just made 10 minutes ago. We'd just delete the character and start over. They might as well let us change the appearance free for 24 hours to save us some time having to delete and start over.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless you spent crowns on that character boosting sky shards right after creation then think, something doesn't look quite right... Not that I have done that.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    I'd love to be able to save a character face/body template.

It would also be great if we could just change our characters free for the first 24 hours after we make them. Let's face it, nobody is going to buy an appearance change token for a character you just made 10 minutes ago. We'd just delete the character and start over. They might as well let us change the appearance free for 24 hours to save us some time having to delete and start over.

We should have a way to get a shave and haircut for gold, not Crowns....
    PC
    PS4/PS5