The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Trading Gold Across Servers (NA <-> EU)?

FlopsyPrince
FlopsyPrince
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Any problems now with trading gold across servers (NA <-> EU)?

I did it on the PS4 in the past and I am looking to do it on the PC now that I am building on EU as well as NA. I want to avoid anything that would get me banned of course. (Just swapping gold on one server for gold on another one, not selling it or such.)

This is a serious question BTW, not trying to make anything happen here, I just want to avoid any troubles if things have changed since I did this several years back.
Edited by FlopsyPrince on April 28, 2022 11:07PM
PC
PS4/PS5
  • belial5221_ESO
    belial5221_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can't transfer things between servers,never have been able to legally.You can buy crowns and sell em for gold.since crowns are for account,not per server to make gold.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Can't transfer things between servers,never have been able to legally.You can buy crowns and sell em for gold.since crowns are for account,not per server to make gold.

I know I can't xfer things myself. But I can (and have in the past) found someone who wants 100K on NA that I can "trade" 100K on EU (for me) for, as an example). (Mods: I am not trying to arrange this swap, I am just wanting to know what anyone knows about the possible problems. I may have it done before I get an answer here, but I wanted to ask in case enforcement changed since I last did it and I want to avoid any land mines in this area.)
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • belial5221_ESO
    belial5221_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    That would be OK,,seeing it's jsut giving them gold on one and they send on another.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've done it - a player on EU wanted to set up on NA; I traded him a couple million gold on NA for same on EU. The deal is you need to be sure to either use a trusted friend or guild master as a "proxy banker", or you need to know a lot about the person you're trading with. AND you should keep full transcripts of pms or whatever just in case (though I think if something like this goes south it's mostly "caveat emptor" from the ZOS perspective).
  • SirLeeMinion
    SirLeeMinion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've helped players move gold from NA to EU and back; some within the last year, iirc. I don't think ZoS have any problem with it. I do, however, keep screenshots of the chat and transactions in case any questions arise. A few things to keep in mind:

1) World Crown Exchange discord has an "other" category, which some use to arrange gold transfers (among other things)
    2) Gold is worth less on EU (in terms of crowns)
    3) There is no recourse if you get scammed.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as I know it's allowed but not supported by ZOS. So you won't get in trouble for doing it, but if it goes wrong they won't help you get your gold back either (or get the gold you were promised).

So you should only trade with people you trust, or via a middle man you both trust.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There's no issue with that.
    I know several people who have done it.
    My advice, do it with someone who you trust (guild mate/friend).
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • EozZoe1989
    EozZoe1989
    ✭✭✭
    lol be easier if could earn gold instead lol .. as in the crown store ones lol
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    EozZoe1989 wrote: »
    lol be easier if could earn gold instead lol .. as in the crown store ones lol

I am trying an exchange for that. But I want a lot of gold for my Crowns, so it may not happen. I never found selling Crowns worthwhile in the past.

As to the trust, people in the past put trust in me, since I had them send first. I have been around a while, so that may have helped.

Not sure if anything will happen now before I reach the point of having enough gold there (to max out bank storage, character storage, etc.). I am getting close to that and already got to about 2.5 mil on the PC in about a year.
    PC
    PS4/PS5